Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

The Chase (ITV) (Part 3)

Old 27-02-2013, 02:57
Benjamin Sisko
Forum Member

Today's episode got me thinking (first three contestants were eliminated)

If the 4th contestant scored 0 during the cash builder, what could the chaser possibly offer?
That happened before during a show with Anne. What happened was that the low offer was eliminated. The contestant could only go for either 0 or the higher offer.
Benjamin Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 27-02-2013, 17:07
mal2pool
Forum Member

Paul again today...they might as well go home now ! No chance! He never gets a good team to play against. He never gets one wrong
mal2pool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2013, 17:56
Benjamin Sisko
Forum Member

Whoever edited the Final Chase music this episode really gave away the ending there.
Benjamin Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2013, 18:32
king yrcanos
Forum Member

Yeah the final chase music was wrong, but the effort in pushbacks was good and if Andrew was there they might have had a more of a chance of winning
king yrcanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2013, 19:08
Mr Teacake
Forum Member

I am surprised that Paul thought Syria was the most popular twitter tag in 2011 given it's a relatively small nation compared to Egypt
Mr Teacake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2013, 20:40
dodgygeeza
Forum Member

Nobody notice the question cock-up in today's episode then? It was about what coal is a short name for. The contestant passed and they said the right answer is charcoal.

Wrong, coal isn't short for anything. Coal is mined, charcoal is manufactured. Two different things. Very surprised no-one's pointed that out yet!
dodgygeeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2013, 22:16
elgransenor1
Inactive Member

Difference between the 2 is Chasers have to think quickly, you saw how many times Shaun knew the answer after he got it wrong. Eggheads would be dithering and would quite honestly be hopeless, none of them could answer as quick as Anne does. But i'd love to see it just to see Daphne get flustered and worked up.

kevin got 42 on mastermind though, I don't think you could get that score if you are slow
elgransenor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2013, 22:27
lea_uk
Forum Member

Whoever edited the Final Chase music this episode really gave away the ending there.
I noticed that. I do hope it doesn't happen again, I don't want it to be spoiled.

I am surprised that Paul thought Syria was the most popular twitter tag in 2011 given it's a relatively small nation compared to Egypt
I thought it was that too. I'm sure #syria was a huge trend too.

Nobody notice the question cock-up in today's episode then? It was about what coal is a short name for. The contestant passed and they said the right answer is charcoal.

Wrong, coal isn't short for anything. Coal is mined, charcoal is manufactured. Two different things. Very surprised no-one's pointed that out yet!
Didn't catch that question, not great that they used an incorrect question.
lea_uk is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2013, 22:28
lea_uk
Forum Member

kevin got 42 on mastermind though, I don't think you could get that score if you are slow
I think Kevin would do really well on The Chase, he has a wide knowledge range, and he has proven that he's fast.
lea_uk is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2013, 23:53
gemma-the-husky
Forum Member

the thing is, with regard to speed - you don't have time to think - it's a matter of virtually instantly knowing the right answer.

good example is the speed with which they are getting conundrums this week, on countdown. blistering
gemma-the-husky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2013, 10:17
Elrond
Forum Member

Paul again today...they might as well go home now ! No chance! He never gets a good team to play against. He never gets one wrong
he is very strong these days......although he can be beaten ( as I did when I appeared)
Elrond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2013, 11:44
Lazlo_St_Pierre
Forum Member

Didn't catch that question, not great that they used an incorrect question.
It does seem to happen a bit on this show, like the question about Andy Murray being born in Dunblane when it was Glasgow.
Lazlo_St_Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2013, 11:50
dodgygeeza
Forum Member

It does seem to happen a bit on this show, like the question about Andy Murray being born in Dunblane when it was Glasgow.
Yes, it's not the first time I've noticed an error either.
dodgygeeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2013, 13:20
roger_50
Forum Member

Why have they started announcing the names of the contestants in the final round after they buzz? They were giving answers at the exact same time as the announcement and I couldn't hear what they were saying on my TV.

Plus, if they were made to wait for the announcer each time, doesn't that unfairly reduce their available time to receive further questions?

Also, I have some niggles about the verbal speed at which Bradley asks questions to the contestants - he even has mini-pauses early on.
roger_50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2013, 14:36
Mattty
Forum Member

Shawn is on classic mastermind at the moment and he has hair
Mattty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2013, 15:15
JeffG1
Forum Member

As far as I know, the names have always been announced when there is more than one player. It's actually connected to the button. If the contestant can't be heard clearly because they talkover the announcement they do a retake.
JeffG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2013, 15:18
Mr Teacake
Forum Member

Shawn is on classic mastermind at the moment and he has hair
And he was doing his coaching badges! His assumed boring persona on the chase is definitely not the real him.
Old 28-02-2013, 16:47
roger_50
Forum Member

As far as I know, the names have always been announced when there is more than one player. It's actually connected to the button. If the contestant can't be heard clearly because they talkover the announcement they do a retake.
That's strange, I don't recall it before. Plus on last night's episode every time the girl buzzed she talked over the announcer and couldn't be heard clearly, yet there wasn't a retake.
roger_50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2013, 16:57
Mr Teacake
Forum Member

Why have they started announcing the names of the contestants in the final round after they buzz? They were giving answers at the exact same time as the announcement and I couldn't hear what they were saying on my TV.
I asked the same thing on here a few months ago, turns out it's always been done, it's jsut it's easy to overlook it, particualrly if you're trying to answer the questions at home.
Old 28-02-2013, 17:11
king yrcanos
Forum Member

First one out already, I think the team will win because the last time Mark won was when Larry won
Old 28-02-2013, 17:13
Mr Teacake
Forum Member

Fraudly Harrison lol
Old 28-02-2013, 17:13
king yrcanos
Forum Member

That's an ok cash builder
Old 28-02-2013, 17:24