Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

The Hotel :: Channel 4 :: 8pm :: Part 2

Old 24-04-2013, 15:13
samusek2
Forum Member

I'm a bit late, but here's a thread to discuss the upcoming K series of QI.. A chance to muse on the show and wonder who will make it this year? Will anyone not film any episodes this year? Will any of the numerous newcomers last year make it again this year?

Anyhow filming began this week It was a Bill Bailey fiesta:

1. Kings: Bill Bailey, Jimmy Carr, Jeremy Clarkson
2. Keys: Bill Bailey, Tim Minchin, Isy Suttie
3.?:Bill Bailey, Jason Manford, Sarah Millican

Also Richard Osman will be filming an episode.

samusek2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 24-04-2013, 16:18
Shrike
Forum Member

I like Bill, but that does seem a little bit of overkill.

Joe Wilkinson seems flavour of the moment - he wasn't too bad on HIGNFY but would be a waste if he does his 'act'.
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2013, 16:20
Billy_Value
Forum Member

can't wait when does it start?
Billy_Value is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2013, 16:20
rwebster
Forum Member

I imagine Bill Bailey was only available for a couple of days at the beginning of the filming run, so they filmed all his eps back to back. Also imagine that definitely won't be broadcast order, so we won't be getting Bailey fatigue.

I love all the new guests. Ace!

can't wait when does it start?
Septemberish, usually. Maybe Octoberish. Been some funny scheduling lately, though. Last series or the series before - can't recall which.
rwebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2013, 16:23
Billy_Value
Forum Member

I imagine Bill Bailey was only available for a couple of days at the beginning of the filming run, so they filmed all his eps back to back. Also imagine that definitely won't be broadcast order, so we won't be getting Bailey fatigue.

I love all the new guests. Ace!

Septemberish, usually. Maybe Octoberish. Been some funny scheduling lately, though. Last series or the series before - can't recall which.
oh right thanks,

i thought the point of this thread was that it was about to start soon, never mind
Billy_Value is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 14:55
samusek2
Forum Member

The Episodes taped this week:
Kitsch: Jimmy Carr, Reginald D Hunter, Sue Perkins
Knits, Knots and Knackers: David Mitchell, Ross Noble Sue Perkins
K Folk: Phill Jupitus, Katherine Ryan, Josh Widdicombe
Old 01-05-2013, 15:25
degsyhufc
Forum Member

Like those new names. Hope they do well on the show.

I was watching an old one the other night which had Peter Serafinowicz on it. He was ok and wonder if they'd ask him back.
degsyhufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 13:56
darthbibble
Forum Member

Bit worried about a couple of names on this so far.

QI set itself up as more intelligent than the usual panel show. Last series had a few people who despite being funny people, have nothing to intelligent to say. There needs to be a balance so it doesn't get too boring, but I felt last series went too far in that direction and became a bit dumbed down.
darthbibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 14:03
Paddy C
Forum Member

I still can't get tickets for QI and not through lack of trying... Hopefully I'll get to one recording before the show reaches Z and ends!
Paddy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 17:12
pegasus2
Forum Member

I still can't get tickets for QI and not through lack of trying... Hopefully I'll get to one recording before the show reaches Z and ends!
You and me both, yet from various forums it seems some people can get tickets for nearly every recording. It's the same for Graham Norton, and annoying when people in the red chair are obviously tourists - how do they do it?
pegasus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 19:48
ClarkF1
Forum Member

Had a friend who had a spare ticket for Tuesday's recording but I couldn't go

Probably my only chance.
ClarkF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 22:08
Sarah_Pinel
Forum Member

I went to the recording on Monday evening, the kitsch episode which was brilliant and I suspect there will be an awful lot that will not make the final cut. It was like watching a QI episode that was 2 hours long, shame its only on for 30 mins.
Sarah_Pinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:15
samusek2
Forum Member

The only episode to be filmed this week was, interestingly, the Christmas Special:

Kris Kringle: Jo Brand, Phill Jupitus, Brendan O'Carroll
Old 08-05-2013, 11:38
J-J
Forum Member

Are the viewing figures still good for QI? I used to love the early series but to be honest i think it has got stale it used to be a must watch for me but now I very rarely bother to watch it, i usually sky plus it but end up deleting it.

Personally think its time Alan left the show.
J-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 12:31
andrewhh
Forum Member

who are everyones fav 3 guests?
andrewhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 12:38
andrewhh
Forum Member

my fav 3 are

Rob Brydon
Bill Bailey
David Mitchell

hope they are all in new series!
andrewhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 12:50
Glawster2002
Forum Member

Are the viewing figures still good for QI? I used to love the early series but to be honest i think it has got stale it used to be a must watch for me but now I very rarely bother to watch it, i usually sky plus it but end up deleting it.

As Alan and Stephen are both seen as integral to the format of the show that is hardly likely to happen.
Glawster2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 13:11
Time Suckage
Forum Member

As Alan and Stephen are both seen as integral to the format of the show that is hardly likely to happen.
If Stephen Fry's US sitcom pilot gets picked up I wonder if that's the end of QI.

Probably won't happen as most pilots don't go anywhere but if it does, I'd imagine they'd have to start taping QI later in the year.
Time Suckage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 13:59
darthbibble
Forum Member

my fav 3 are

Rob Brydon
Bill Bailey
David Mitchell

hope they are all in new series!
I'd add Sean Lock in there, but any 3 of those + Alan would make my ideal episode
Old 08-05-2013, 14:00
darthbibble
Forum Member

If Stephen Fry's US sitcom pilot gets picked up I wonder if that's the end of QI.

Probably won't happen as most pilots don't go anywhere but if it does, I'd imagine they'd have to start taping QI later in the year.
They'd go for a new host.

If it happens, maybe they'd go back to Michael Palin?
Old 08-05-2013, 14:05
degsyhufc
Forum Member

I don't think it would be a major problem. Either they'd film inbetween series or film around the sitcom filming.

I can't see them getting rid of Fry or Davies. I think they'd rather go for a year out.
Old 08-05-2013, 15:00
Time Suckage
Forum Member

I don't think "filming around the sitcom filming" wouldn't be an option. He'll be on the West Coast shooting a single-camera show for 14 hours a day.

I think there are breaks in shooting as network tv shows aren't on every week but I reckon they'd have to tape QI between seasons on the sitcom. As I understand it, network sitcoms shoot from about July to February so that's doable.

That said, I can't see it happening. QI's been a bit tired for a couple of seasons now (with even Alan Davies dissing an episode on Twitter) so I think Fry would want to call it a day.

Probably academic as the sitcom's unlikely to happen. We'll find out this time next week.
Time Suckage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 15:20
J-J
Forum Member

I dont think he is integral to the format, obviously the first couple of seasons he was as the butt of the joke but surely we are past that now, all the guests now generally realise that the commonly known answer is usually incorrect and Alan appears bored in quite a lot of episodes (dont know about the most recent series as i have hardly watched it).

I would like to see it freshened up, a lot of the guests are quite poor as well, i think the shows just seems stale.
J-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 15:39
Keiō Line
Forum Member

I agree.

In recent series he has contributed very little.
Keiō Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 15:47
degsyhufc
Forum Member

Back in the 60s Frost was flying over the pond several times weekly to do shows.