Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

The DS Eurovision General Discussion Thread (Part 46)

Closed Thread
Old 19-02-2013, 08:58
Mikay
Forum Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsUAEF-xDFc&=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXXrGXBkPbQ&=

Can't recall what happened with Ruslana; wasn't really concentrating on it at that point.
Thank you Fudd!! That is so brilliant, haha. I love his singing and his funny fancy take on every line "Woo!" "Imp-oh-oh-oh-seee-ble" great stuff.

I took a gander at some of the other duets and I LOVED the Helena Paparizou one! The rest were pretty duff though. They reminded me of bad X Factor duets, "Ladies and gentlemen, I'd like to introduce you to my hero.. The legend that is Dima Bilan"

As for Alcohol is Free, catchy and I like it. But I don't love it!

Also, pretty sure it can't be Right Said Fred after Graham stressed on his show that it was a soloist!
Mikay is offline Follow this poster on Twitter  
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 19-02-2013, 09:04
globbits
Forum Member

IF the BBC pick someone like Right Said Fred (I notice worryingly the union flag as the background to thier new picure - its them isn't it!!!!!!) the BBC proves it is more about making sure British TV viewers watch ESC rather than any real attempt to win the thing. If an act like this is picked it is a joke on the level of Scooch and not nearly such a good one. If RSF are picked I hope we get nul points - we would deserve it
Every year, RSF post a new picture of themselves in front of a flag around Feb / March time, every year people wonder if they're our act, every year RSF get some cheap publicity, every year it turns out to be someone else representing us instead. Stop worrying.
Old 19-02-2013, 09:08
Chickens hit
Forum Member

Yet going by this years standards, they can't write a decent song for themselves

I can't find official confirmation of this btw - seems plausible though
Seems it is official regarding the Russian entry. It's on ESCKaz now along with some tweets, one of which has the host of ESC 2009 saying that the song is in the style of "Titanic" soundtrack.........

http://esckaz.com/2013/

This could be interesting if the UK are also about to send a power ballad..........Diva war ahead.
Old 19-02-2013, 09:11
Chickens hit
Forum Member

An acoustic version of the Danish entry.....

https://soundcloud.com/#goodsongs/em...de-forest-only

Old 19-02-2013, 09:25
contejas
Forum Member

Thank you Fudd!! That is so brilliant, haha. I love his singing and his funny fancy take on every line "Woo!" "Imp-oh-oh-oh-seee-ble" great stuff.
You were also there in spirit...

DIMA -- WE LOVE YOU! *squeal*

(on behalf of Mikay)
Old 19-02-2013, 09:52
Edinboy
Forum Member

Every year, RSF post a new picture of themselves in front of a flag around Feb / March time, every year people wonder if they're our act, every year RSF get some cheap publicity, every year it turns out to be someone else representing us instead. Stop worrying.
OK...will do.......thanks for the reassurance
Old 19-02-2013, 10:30
Mikay
Forum Member

You were also there in spirit...

I feel it's unfair you get to do that impression.
Your voice is nowhere near as high pitched as my squeal actually is.
Mikay is offline Follow this poster on Twitter  
Old 19-02-2013, 11:14
phill363
Forum Member

Thomas G:son has said Glorious is not plagiarism so that's settled.
Old 19-02-2013, 11:15
fruitang
Forum Member

She appeared just after 8.30pm, so you're looking at about 1.30.00 on the stream
Thanks Eurostar

Had a listen, is she miming or at least part miming? I can't tell. Nonetheless, it's a really nice ballad which I this competition is lacking thus far. Also checked out the Albanian entry and as long as they get rid of that first guy singing then I think they're in with a shout of making the final.

However, Cascada's on my iPod and I'm listening to it constantly. My favourite by a yard stick now.. and I so want it to be in Germany again. I would've loved to have gone to it when they hosted as it was such a good show and also to see the lovely Anke again... Rip off of Euphoria? Maybe that's why I love it so much.
Old 19-02-2013, 11:26
Edwin Okli
Forum Member

Does anyone else reckon Lithuania might have a chance? I really like the song and it's different.
Edwin Okli is offline Follow this poster on Twitter  
Old 19-02-2013, 11:42
penguinperson
Forum Member

Thomas G:son has said Glorious is not plagiarism so that's settled.
Well he would know, he rips off enough songs himself
Old 19-02-2013, 11:46
Saturn
Forum Member

Well he would know, he rips off enough songs himself
Usually his own
Old 19-02-2013, 11:53
penguinperson
Forum Member

Looks like we'll get the first batch from Israel today
Old 19-02-2013, 11:56
21stCenturyBoy
Forum Member

G:Son had no choice but to say it wasn't plagiarism, after what he did with Ultraviolet.
Old 19-02-2013, 12:11
globbits
Forum Member

G:Son had no choice but to say it wasn't plagiarism, after what he did with Ultraviolet.
Was Ultraviolet a copy of something else?
Old 19-02-2013, 12:16
21stCenturyBoy
Forum Member

Was Ultraviolet a copy of something else?
The backing track and bridge was identical to Next To Me by Emeli Sande.
Old 19-02-2013, 12:16
BigBmad
Forum Member

Does anyone else reckon Lithuania might have a chance? I really like the song and it's different.
They might have a chance of getting out the semi, apart from that no chance in the world
Old 19-02-2013, 12:20
contejas
Forum Member

The lyrics are a little too naff to appeal to NW europe...but the rest of Europe...I think it could...but it will be handicapped by the jury -- it's not an interesting composition -- but neither was Lipstick and the juries loved it... I would say 10th-15th is a good possiblity if it is staged correctly...I think it's a likely qualifier but not a dead cert by any stretch.
Old 19-02-2013, 13:20
penguinperson
Forum Member

Looks like we'll get the first batch from Israel today
http://www.ynet.co.il/articles/0,7340,L-4346796,00.html
Old 19-02-2013, 13:34
Edwin Okli
Forum Member

The lyrics are a little too naff to appeal to NW europe...but the rest of Europe...I think it could...but it will be handicapped by the jury -- it's not an interesting composition -- but neither was Lipstick and the juries loved it... I would say 10th-15th is a good possiblity if it is staged correctly...I think it's a likely qualifier but not a dead cert by any stretch.
I prefer the lyrics to most other Eurovision songs. Eurovision songs tread the same lines all the time but unfortunately this is the way that acts are advised to win. "Write about something relatable like heartbreak or how hot that girl is."
Old 19-02-2013, 13:37
Katsuya
Forum Member

http://escxtra.com/2013/02/carola-re...for-the-final/
Old 19-02-2013, 13:38
Eurostar
Forum Member

Lipstick was by far the biggest commercial chart success of 2011 though
Old 19-02-2013, 13:40
MissMidgard
Forum Member

Whoa, Andrius Pojavis is so much like Renārs Kaupers from Brainstorm.

I don't think he'll see the final, however..
MissMidgard is offline Follow this poster on Twitter  
Old 19-02-2013, 13:45
Markyd10
Forum Member

If Donny Montell was able to make it to the final then you never know!
Old 19-02-2013, 13:50
Edwin Okli
Forum Member

If it doesn't make it to the final I'll be mad. People seem to like Gravity despite the naff singing and the fact that the song is pretty much one level throughout. When it won I just stopped the stream and continued with my life.

Closed Thread