Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Peachy fuzz

Old 16-02-2013, 12:05
rammsteinqueen
Forum Member

It's driving me crazy. I don't want the hassle of those creams that stink and plucking takes ages and hurts a little. Anyway, apparently more women are turning to the razor but I am a little apprehensive.. only because I don't want the fuzz to come back as little black dots and me looking like Desperate Dan! Any ladies out there shave? This site has some decent feedback I am just a little scared... http://thestir.cafemom.com/beauty_st..._stars?next=21
rammsteinqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 16-02-2013, 12:27
Jenbonjovi
Forum Member

No! Don't do that. Go and get threaded, it hurts a tiny bit but it lasts ages.
Jenbonjovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2013, 15:48
rammsteinqueen
Forum Member

Threaded? Hmm.. off to google! Well apparently a lot of models shave when they're modelling fo rmake up etc.. it's tempting as they've all said the results are great. Oh I am confused.
Old 18-02-2013, 13:50
Jerrica09
Forum Member

Dermaplaning is pretty much the same thing, shaving with a scalpel. I follow a few women who do this, they say the regrowth is normal 'peach' hair, not coarse dark hair.

You can also buy DIY threading devices for 2 or 3 on enay. I have one. I think they're just called facial hair removal tools. They look like a spring with plastic bits at either end. You bend the spring and rotate it inwards as you move across your face and it pulls out the hair.
Jerrica09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2013, 13:45
rammsteinqueen
Forum Member

Dermaplaning is pretty much the same thing, shaving with a scalpel. I follow a few women who do this, they say the regrowth is normal 'peach' hair, not coarse dark hair.

You can also buy DIY threading devices for 2 or 3 on enay. I have one. I think they're just called facial hair removal tools. They look like a spring with plastic bits at either end. You bend the spring and rotate it inwards as you move across your face and it pulls out the hair.
That sounds painful

Thanks for your tip though. Who are the women you follow btw?
Old 25-02-2013, 17:51
Phyllis Stein
Forum Member

Shaving is fine, it will only grow coarse and dark if you start injecting yourself with testosterone
Phyllis Stein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2013, 18:43
Shappy
Forum Member

Shaving is fine, it will only grow coarse and dark if you start injecting yourself with testosterone
Is this true though? When I used to shave my armpits, my hair regrown was darker and coarse. Now I have had all of it lasered off and have smooth armpits again. Any (very minimal) regrowth is very fine hair.
Shappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2013, 19:05
Phyllis Stein
Forum Member

Is this true though? When I used to shave my armpits, my hair regrown was darker and coarse. Now I have had all of it lasered off and have smooth armpits again. Any (very minimal) regrowth is very fine hair.
It's a different type of hair to the stuff on our bodies...trust me, ok I'm not a doctor but I shall endeavour to find a link by one

http://www.hshairclinic.co.uk/hair-l...types-of-hair/
Old 01-03-2013, 13:54
rammsteinqueen
Forum Member

Thanks for replies.. it's just doing it isn't it?! Because once you've done it there is no going back. Although I have been plucking for a few months - they still come back blonde.. the hairs on my legs when I shave them grow back blonde... Oh I really want to do it I am just a little scared

Oh I just found this - from 4.50 onwards... interesting. Think I am gonna give it a go - pity she says leave your moustache though.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmWXGwMr0Gc
Old 02-03-2013, 21:53
Shappy
Forum Member

It's a different type of hair to the stuff on our bodies...trust me, ok I'm not a doctor but I shall endeavour to find a link by one

http://www.hshairclinic.co.uk/hair-l...types-of-hair/
Hmm, well this definitely wasn't the case on my body. The hair grew back darker, coarser and spread. It was horrible and why I chose to have it all lasered off.
Shappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 22:29
Phyllis Stein
Forum Member

Hmm, well this definitely wasn't the case on my body. The hair grew back darker, coarser and spread. It was horrible and why I chose to have it all lasered off.
I'm saying that that will not happen to women's facial hair as it is a different type of hair to that on our bodies.
Old 13-03-2013, 17:13
rammsteinqueen
Forum Member

I did it! Actually I have done it twice in the past fortnight or so and the results are brilliant - oh I wish I had done it years ago!