Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Why is everyone so hard on Corrie's Faye?

Old 17-02-2013, 11:19
gboy
Forum Member

She isn't a very appealing character - whiney and self-centred, there's little to like about her.

But then Owen's pretty awful too.

If I were Anna, I'd run away from the lot of them.
gboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 17-02-2013, 11:23
Simont0810
Forum Member

More airtime for Anna is good enough for me

Faye however, really makes me wonder who saw her audition and thought she was a good actress? I know shes 10 but theres loads of actors that age who are better.
Simont0810 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2013, 11:26
scone
Forum Member

More airtime for Anna is good enough for me

Faye however, really makes me wonder who saw her audition and thought she was a good actress? I know shes 10 but theres loads of actors that age who are better.
She's the cousin of Brooke Vincent in my opinion that is how she got the job, because I agree I bet there were thousands who tried out for the role who were far better
scone is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2013, 11:34
tenchgirl
Forum Member

so its corrie's version of Shanice & Lacy Turner being related.
tenchgirl is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2013, 11:43
silly sausage
Forum Member

Brooke's cousin??

Blimey, that's one rich vein of acting talent they have in that family.

I don't want to be 'hard' on the character of Faye, but it's very difficult to like her in any way at all. Whether it's the actress or the way it's written I'm not sure, but a more likeable girl taking the part would have made it easier. If they're going to cast characters with problems, they have to make sure there's something endearing to like otherwise she really does come across as a spoilt madam who thinks she knows it all.
Anna doesn't help matters by giving in other every whim. Even children with dubious pasts need to have boundaries.
silly sausage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2013, 11:57
JR_THELEGEND
Forum Member

She's an ungrateful little brat who seems to throw everything Anna offers her back in her face! This constant whining about wanting to see the dad that abandoned her when she two to the women to saved her and gave her love and a home when she didnt need to just makes the character unbearable!

Brooke's cousin??

Lets be honest the girl that Faye acts Brooke Vincent of the screen hell even little Ruby can do that!
JR_THELEGEND is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2013, 12:04
Akane Tendo

She's been in care for god knows how long which could have involved anything as well as not having a stable home life.

Could be a multitude of reasons why she has some behavioural issues yet people are so damning of her.
Simple. I find the actress annoying.
Akane Tendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2013, 12:05
bellamina
Forum Member

Kids should be seen and not heard ..................................ALL THE TIME
bellamina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2013, 12:11
Beautiful_Harv
Forum Member

Horrible manipulative spoilt little brat.
Owen should leave Anna, she enables & excuses Faye to be an annoying brat who has been nothing but trouble since day 1.Even laid back Eddie Windass couldn't stand her.

She's a smug little bitch who knows consequences will not occur whatever she does, and she uses bleating to social services as a shield to do whatever the hell she likes. This Tim could be a rampant Nonce for all anyone knows.
i wish we could 'favourite' posts
Beautiful_Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2013, 12:35
bgtension
Inactive Member

Because she's a sulking, mouthy brat, no kid past the age of five should get away with her behaviour.
No kids should be allowed in soaps.
bgtension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2013, 12:50
Orangemaid
Forum Member

she is always licking her lips which is rather annoying
Orangemaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2013, 12:51
scone
Forum Member

she is always licking her lips which is rather annoying
I know, thank God someone else has noticed
Old 17-02-2013, 13:26
scone
Forum Member

I just did a search of Faye Windass on Twitter and we are being told off on here? What they are saying is far, far worse, it makes this topic laughable
Old 17-02-2013, 13:44
bornfree
Forum Member

IMO the storyline has a lot of potential. However, the actress is so hammie that it kind of ruins a good story line. I knew of an adopted child you really rang rings around her adoptive parents and was eventually taken into care. She gave them mary hell and almost destroyed the family.
bornfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2013, 13:49
Bonny1
Forum Member

she's a vile manipulating little weasel... but Anna is just as bad for not seeing it....
Bonny1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2013, 14:02
pegasus2
Forum Member

The writing is partly to blame, there must be something endearing about her to Anna but we have never seen that side of her. I can't even remember her laughing or smiling, unless it's in a snide way. One scene I particularly remember was last Easter when Owen gave her an enormous Easter egg - did she say 'thank you' , no of course she didn't. It would have been easy for the writers to write that in even if the actress didn't have the nous to say it herself.
pegasus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2013, 14:04
bornfree
Forum Member

The writing is partly to blame, there must be something endearing about her to Anna but we have never seen that side of her. I can't even remember her laughing or smiling, unless it's in a snide way. One scene I particularly remember was last Easter when Owen gave her an enormous Easter egg - did she say 'thank you' , no of course she didn't. It would have been easy for the writers to write that in even if the actress didn't have the nous to say it herself.
This is where the actor who plays Simon has the upper hand. He is a better actor and plays the part of Mr Know it all really well.
bornfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2013, 14:06
desperate house
Forum Member

Brooke's cousin??

Anna should give her boundaries, 200 miles from Weatherfield should be boundary enough.

Horrible nasty little brat. Anyone seen her in the honey advert? She pokes her finger in the boys cupcakes (not a euphemism!) and then pokes her tongue out, so have they written the part to suit her character, or Faye's?
desperate house is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2013, 14:12
mo mouse
Forum Member

Brooke's cousin??

Reminiscent of the Redgraves in my opinion.
mo mouse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2013, 14:18
Akane Tendo

Reminiscent of the Redgraves in my opinion.
The redgraves without talent?
Akane Tendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2013, 14:22
mo mouse
Forum Member

The redgraves without talent?
It depends on your point of view, I suppose. You would say at this stage that Vanessa Redgrave just shades it ahead of Faye but Faye is learning and working alongside actresses of the calibre of Julie and Fiz can only help her.
mo mouse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2013, 14:30
Pamthehound
Forum Member

I don't despise the character, but overall I think her storyline is a dud and brings down Corrie as a whole.
Agree
Pamthehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2013, 14:33
trevor tiger
Forum Member

Why is everyone so hard on Corrie's Faye?

Because she is brilliant at portraying a disturbed messed up kid. All the resultant behaviour winds people up. Job done
trevor tiger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2013, 14:36
Oldnjaded
Forum Member

I don't like Faye because she is clearly a self-absorbed little brat.

That being said, I suspect most kids her age are just the same, so the actress is probably very good at acting.

All I would suggest to the writers is that in order for us to believe Anna's consistent love for Faye, we need to see at least glimpses of the wonderful, kind-hearted, vulnerable and damaged child that Faye obviously is.

The way it's being written at the moment, we see only the brat, so it's hard to feel for her.
Oldnjaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2013, 14:38
Last Request
Forum Member

She's 10!

Bit harsh.
Very true its comments like that which gives the forum a bad name. No wonder soap actors don't have anything nice to say about DS.
Last Request is offline   Reply With Quote