Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Why is everyone so hard on Corrie's Faye?

Old 17-02-2013, 14:50
lotty27
Forum Member

Horrible manipulative spoilt little brat.
Owen should leave Anna, she enables & excuses Faye to be an annoying brat who has been nothing but trouble since day 1.Even laid back Eddie Windass couldn't stand her.

She's a smug little bitch who knows consequences will not occur whatever she does, and she uses bleating to social services as a shield to do whatever the hell she likes. This Tim could be a rampant Nonce for all anyone knows.
Well said!

For the life of me I can't see what Anna sees in her or ever did see in her. She has no redeeming features whatsoever.
lotty27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 17-02-2013, 14:57
tenchgirl
Forum Member

too right @ Lotty.
tenchgirl is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2013, 15:02
trevor tiger
Forum Member

I don't like Faye because she is clearly a self-absorbed little brat.

That being said, I suspect most kids her age are just the same, so the actress is probably very good at acting.

All I would suggest to the writers is that in order for us to believe Anna's consistent love for Faye, we need to see at least glimpses of the wonderful, kind-hearted, vulnerable and damaged child that Faye obviously is.

The way it's being written at the moment, we see only the brat, so it's hard to feel for her.
That's a very good point. The adoption always seemed more about about Anna wanting to be a mum than finding an actual suitable child and then as soon as Faye was adopted it's all been about the drama rather than them properly getting to know each other but I suppose that's the nature of soaps nowadays. There's never any time for characters to find their way it's always about the next dramatic story line.

However within the confines of the soap format I think Faye's a reasonable character and acted perfectly fine.
trevor tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2013, 15:09
Oldnjaded
Forum Member

It depends on your point of view, I suppose. You would say at this stage that Vanessa Redgrave just shades it ahead of Faye but Faye is learning and working alongside actresses of the calibre of Julie and Fiz can only help her.
PMSL!
Oldnjaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2013, 15:21
Janet Plank
Forum Member

I dislike the character because I am sure she has put back fostering by years;. who would want to have their family disrupted by such an ungrateful brat? It is such an implausable story that Anna chose Faye her over husband, who was a likeable character.
Janet Plank is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2013, 15:26
Julzei
Forum Member

I don't think she's badly acted but she's a mardy little cow and corrie has enough of those at the moment.
Julzei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2013, 15:28
trevor tiger
Forum Member

I dislike the character because I am sure she has put back fostering by years;. who would want to have their family disrupted by such an ungrateful brat? It is such an implausable story that Anna chose Faye her over husband, who was a likeable character.
Faye has been adopted not fostered but anyway if it's so implausible it won't have damaged adopting. To be honest though I'd be very worried if people made real life decisions based on a soap.

I still maintain Faye is doing a sterling job and all the hate thrown her way on here keeps on proving that.
Old 17-02-2013, 15:38
scone
Forum Member

I still maintain Faye is doing a sterling job and all the hate thrown her way on here keeps on proving that.
Hahaha

All the hate as you put it is there because she can't act, another little girl would have made this character a lot more likeable and believable.
scone is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2013, 15:40
Orangemaid
Forum Member

who is/ was her real mum ?
Orangemaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2013, 15:42
scone
Forum Member

who is/ was her real mum ?
A druggie I believe
Old 17-02-2013, 15:43
trevor tiger
Forum Member

Hahaha

All the hate as you put it is there because she can't act, another little girl would have made this character a lot more likeable and believable.
If she can't act why is everyone calling her an ungrateful brat, a horrible manipulative spoilt little brat, an annoying brat, a brat who has been nothing but trouble since day 1 and even a smug little bitch

Unless people are calling the actress this

Like I say Faye is doing a sterling job and all the hate thrown her way on here keeps on proving that
Old 17-02-2013, 15:47
Julzei
Forum Member

If she can't act why is everyone calling her an ungrateful brat, a horrible manipulative spoilt little brat, an annoying brat, a brat who has been nothing but trouble since day 1 and even a smug little bitch

Unless people are calling the actress this

Like I say Faye is doing a sterling job and all the hate thrown her way on here keeps on proving that
She gets way more hate than someone who just polarizes opinion.
Julzei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2013, 16:02
revolver44
Forum Member

Faye's a great character! I always imagine the Omen music playing everytime she's on screen, and look forward to the day Owen shaves her hair off, finds the birthmark and heads off to Weatherfield Cathedral to sacrifice her for the future of mankind...
revolver44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2013, 17:05
scone
Forum Member

I have a hunch that her dad will die of something hereditary which will no doubt affect Faye healthwise
Old 17-02-2013, 17:25
Orangemaid
Forum Member

I have a hunch that her dad will die of something hereditary which will no doubt affect Faye healthwise
maybe he chokes on his scone
Old 17-02-2013, 17:30
Nikkiclody
Forum Member

Owen annoys me far more then Faye. He is an evil bully who is always getting angry at nothing.
He must just play the same angry little man in any show he is in. I remember him in the second series of Alan Partridge were he played a teacher again playing a horrible angry little git.

I hope Anna dumps him for good.
Nikkiclody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2013, 17:33
Oldnjaded
Forum Member

Faye's a great character! I always imagine the Omen music playing everytime she's on screen, and look forward to the day Owen shaves her hair off, finds the birthmark and heads off to Weatherfield Cathedral to sacrifice her for the future of mankind...
Oooh yes, any chance it could happen next week? Now you've spoiled it for us, no reason to hang about.
Old 17-02-2013, 17:35
JR_THELEGEND
Forum Member

He'll need to do that before he finds himself inside a giant Wicker Man courtesy of Faye!
JR_THELEGEND is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2013, 17:57
whatever54
Forum Member

Because she killed the fish.
This^ I'm afraid since that little outburst I find it hard to forgive the character, especially how she's behaving now, little madam
whatever54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2013, 18:12
Amb5rs17
Forum Member

I find it implausible that she is 10, the actress is 13 in reality and looks at least that. It makes watching her pretend to be 10 very difficult. I have a ten year old girl and Faye could make two of her. If the actress was playing a more age appropriate character and we had a proper backstory to explain her behavior other than 'she's been in care' I think the actress would be okay. How many care homes has she been in? How many sets of Foster parents? Etc. Corrie has some damaged characters in the past who were written much better, Zoe Tattersall (think that's the right name) Becky (pre Steve) and many more, I know Fayes only a child but she needs a proper backstory and scenes bonding with Anna/Owen.
Amb5rs17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2013, 18:18
Oldnjaded
Forum Member

I find it implausible that she is 10, the actress is 13 in reality and looks at least that. It makes watching her pretend to be 10 very difficult. I have a ten year old girl and Faye could make two of her. If the actress was playing a more age appropriate character and we had a proper backstory to explain her behavior other than 'she's been in care' I think the actress would be okay. How many care homes has she been in? How many sets of Foster parents? Etc. Corrie has some damaged characters in the past who were written much better, Zoe Tattersall (think that's the right name) Becky (pre Steve) and many more, I know Fayes only a child but she needs a proper backstory and scenes bonding with Anna/Owen.
Actually, Ellie Leach (Faye) will be 12 next month, so not that much difference really.
Old 17-02-2013, 18:36
Amb5rs17
Forum Member

Actually, Ellie Leach (Faye) will be 12 next month, so not that much difference really.
My mistake, I read an article a while ago that referred to her as 13, I still think she looks much older than 10 though.
Amb5rs17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2013, 18:41
sarahcs
Forum Member

Why is everyone so hard on Corrie's Faye?

Because she is brilliant at portraying a disturbed messed up kid. All the resultant behaviour winds people up. Job done
Well said. Anna seems to have forgotten all this too.
sarahcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2013, 18:43
sarahcs
Forum Member

Owen annoys me far more then Faye. He is an evil bully who is always getting angry at nothing.
He must just play the same angry little man in any show he is in. I remember him in the second series of Alan Partridge were he played a teacher again playing a horrible angry little git.

I hope Anna dumps him for good.
He's less angry as King Thistle, which I think is his best work.
sarahcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2013, 18:45
Orangemaid
Forum Member

my ears are still ringing from Owen. Anna screeching and faye... god it was loud, had to turn the volume down lol