EastEnders - Has Mo left the show?

jamesc_715jamesc_715 Posts: 8,498
Forum Member
According to her autobiography, a review from this website said that "Laila has left EastEnders full time now" and that she could concentrate on other work now.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Just-Mo-Story-Laila-Morse/dp/0753541394

Not sure but has Mo really left EE? She hasn't been since for ages.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    she was on This Morning, but didnt say..either she did or i wasnt listening to what was being said..boring character
  • royllsroyceroyllsroyce Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shes part time now like Patrick but hasn't left.
  • BritFlicks1BritFlicks1 Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's hardly done anything for the past year. I'm surprised they've kept her on.

Her feud with Pat was probably her best storyline.
  • lionkingonstagelionkingonstage Posts: 3,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She hasn't left, she's just a part time regular character like Lou from Neighbours!
  • Guido9Guido9 Posts: 3,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, just a bit part character who lurks in the background or in the EE sin bin these days really, a bit like Jean and Patrick - but even more so like that!
  • Mattyboii1995Mattyboii1995 Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She hasn't appeared at all since December.
    But I don't think she's left, wouldn't they announce it or at least give her a low-key exit, even if she has left off-screen and is mentioned briefly?
  • Guido9Guido9 Posts: 3,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She hasn't appeared at all since December.
    But I don't think she's left, wouldn't they announce it or at least give her a low-key exit, even if she has left off-screen and is mentioned briefly?

I think she'll gradually fade from the scene altogther now - and go and stay with Charlie - especially if Kat and Alfie are not re-uniting now, if Friday's show was anything to judge by....
  • lionkingonstagelionkingonstage Posts: 3,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its a shame because they could add her to a few more scenes. Even if its just going into the shop or laundrette. EastEnders would rather not focus on the everyday scenes like, going to the shop etc like they used to.
  • secretagentsecretagent Posts: 1,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that they are always showing people going in and out of the shop - not sure anybody in Walford knows what a supermarket is though!
  • Killjoy2013Killjoy2013 Posts: 1,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that they are always showing people going in and out of the shop - not sure anybody in Walford knows what a supermarket is though!

wouldnt most of them shop online - i could hardly see the likes of tanya totting round ASDA,Oscar left in the car because tanya forgot him,Lauren raiding the booze section,abby reading "100 ways to answer the door" & cora trying to sweet talk the person on the **** counter :D
  • MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,680
    Forum Member
    It refered her as the 'reigning queen' of albert square, which suggests she's still in the soap.

Then it said "... during her 13 years in albert square"

So I don't know? Although surely she would of had an exit, even low key. I think she's just part time now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    wouldnt most of them shop online - i could hardly see the likes of tanya totting round ASDA,Oscar left in the car because tanya forgot him,Lauren raiding the booze section,abby reading "100 ways to answer the door" & cora trying to sweet talk the person on the **** counter :D

and then round the other isle we have whitney and tyler throwing the plain yogert at each other, getting thrown out and barred :D
  • MinxyRach7MinxyRach7 Posts: 440
    Forum Member
    Shes part time now like Patrick but hasn't left.
    Patrick still appears quite a lot.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MinxyRach7 wrote: »
    Patrick still appears quite a lot.

He's got his own storyline now too.
  • O-JO-J Posts: 18,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maurice45 wrote: »
    He's got his own storyline now too.

I thought when he fell of the ladder was his storyline?
    Not much of a story, or is there more to come?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benbenalen wrote: »
    I thought when he fell of the ladder was his storyline?
    Not much of a story, or is there more to come?

I think (at least I'm hoping) this has more to do with him bonding with Kim and Denise; at the moment they're not sure how to view each other and I think this will bring them closer together.
  • basdfgbasdfg Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    Maybe Lalia has finished filming but her exit has still got to air. I can't imagine not giving her a on screen exit considering she is avaliable to film the scenes.
  • BenllechBenllech Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope not! Even though she has never really been used, I still like the character.
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 50,931
    Forum Member
    jamesc_715 wrote: »
    According to her autobiography, a review from this website said that "Laila has left EastEnders full time now" and that she could concentrate on other work now.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Just-Mo-Story-Laila-Morse/dp/0753541394

Not sure but has Mo really left EE? She hasn't been since for ages.

Erm I know that when you're trying to sell a book you may tell a couple of porkies but Queen of Eastenders. Mo? Erm was this when there was a nuclear explosion killing everyone in Walford except her?
  • dulliredullire Posts: 20,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She did an interview with the Mirror a few months back about her autobiography. She didn't say she was leaving.

Her last appearance was Boxing Day. She did state that she hasn't enjoyed it as much since the smoking ban and that most of the people she was friendly with are gone.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please NO!

I have already lost Charlie... She may not be the best character ever but she is a good supporting character, soaps need them :(
  • InsideSoapInsideSoap Posts: 5,981
    Forum Member
    I've read her book and she says about EE: 'In June 2012, I was called up to see the executive producer, who told me that my contract was ending in July 2012 and they weren't going to renew it'. She goes on to say how she launched into a leaving speech however they said to her 'It doesn't mean to say we're getting rid of you. We still want you in for different storylines!' and Laila then writes 'So I'm still there, but I'm not contracted. I thought it would mean that I wouldn't be in the show much, but I'm glad to say that I've done quite a lot since my contract ended'.

I like Mo. I would much prefer to see the return of some of the Slater sisters or perhaps an appearance from the family members that we have never seen. At least when it was The Slater Show it was fantastic to watch unlike The Branning Show which is just unbearable.
  • IanMandyIanMandy Posts: 14,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    InsideSoap wrote: »
    I've read her book and she says about EE: 'In June 2012, I was called up to see the executive producer, who told me that my contract was ending in July 2012 and they weren't going to renew it'. She goes on to say how she launched into a leaving speech however they said to her 'It doesn't mean to say we're getting rid of you. We still want you in for different storylines!' and Laila then writes 'So I'm still there, but I'm not contracted. I thought it would mean that I wouldn't be in the show much, but I'm glad to say that I've done quite a lot since my contract ended'.

I like Mo. I would much prefer to see the return of some of the Slater sisters or perhaps an appearance from the family members that we have never seen. At least when it was The Slater Show it was fantastic to watch unlike The Branning Show which is just unbearable.

I didn't even think that was allowed- is she not paid then?
  • Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    InsideSoap wrote: »

That's interesting. So she's not contracted anymore and is essentialy a guest character. That makes a lot of sense considering how little she appears.