Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Spoilers & Information Beginning to Come In (Part 2)

Old 17-02-2013, 17:16
DS Forum Support

Digital Spy Staff

This is a continuation of: Series 7 Spoilers & Information Beginning to Come In

N.B I'm going to ask the mods if, when this thread is split, it can be renamed "Spoilers and Information Beginning to Come In" -- it will negate the need to create separate threads for separate series, and keep major spoilers all in one place (as many residents of the Whoonie Inn have pointed out to me in the past.)
DS Forum Support is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 17-02-2013, 17:25
davrosdodebird
Forum Member

So, Nick Hurran is directing the anniversary special. I liked his direction of The Girl Who Waited, The God Complex and Asylum of the Daleks
davrosdodebird is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2013, 17:40
SpringheelJack
Forum Member

So, Nick Hurran is directing the anniversary special. I liked his direction of The Girl Who Waited, The God Complex and Asylum of the Daleks
Where has that been mentioned/confirmed?
SpringheelJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2013, 17:55
davrosdodebird
Forum Member

Blogtor Who -- http://www.blogtorwho.blogspot.co.uk...announced.html

Hurran announced it at the Glasgow film festival

Forgot to mention he also directed The Angels Take Manhattan as well.
Old 17-02-2013, 18:34
Fire Host
Forum Member

Fantastic news. Sure it can't be a coincidence he's directed 3 of my favourite episodes.
Fire Host is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2013, 18:49
SpringheelJack
Forum Member

Blogtor Who -- http://www.blogtorwho.blogspot.co.uk...announced.html

Hurran announced it at the Glasgow film festival

Forgot to mention he also directed The Angels Take Manhattan as well.
Ta...!
Old 17-02-2013, 18:52
SpringheelJack
Forum Member

I have two questions, if The Eleven Doctors scenario happens...

One - I wonder why Eccleston is happy to come back?

Two - and this is the most important question - will McGann don the TV Movie costume and wig, or his new BF look? We need to know, darn it!
Old 17-02-2013, 19:00
davrosdodebird
Forum Member

I think Eccleston would like a little publicity atm, the only memorable thing he's done lately film-wise is his cameo in GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra. Maybe that, and the change in production team etc... My opinion is that he must surely see the 50th as being good for his career, cos it surely cant be bad.

McGann MUST be in 1996 look! There is no other!
Old 17-02-2013, 19:03
nebogipfel
Forum Member

Quality decision about the director. Those were all great episodes.

Is Blogtor starting a new rumour about it being 90 minutes? What is the origin of that? The Toy fair thing suggesting 60 minutes was the last I saw.
nebogipfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2013, 19:03
SpringheelJack
Forum Member

I think Eccleston would like a little publicity atm, the only memorable thing he's done lately film-wise is his cameo in GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra. Maybe that, and the change in production team etc... My opinion is that he must surely see the 50th as being good for his career, cos it surely cant be bad.

I did wonder if the lack of old guard might have made it more attractive for him...

And velvet frock coats for the win...!
Old 17-02-2013, 19:05
SpringheelJack
Forum Member

Quality decision about the director. Those were all great episodes.

Is Blogtor starting a new rumour about it being 90 minutes? What is the origin of that? The Toy fair thing suggesting 60 minutes was the last I saw.
Maybe they've secured extra funding?
Old 17-02-2013, 19:13
nebogipfel
Forum Member

He's co-star of the next Thor film. And hasn't really lacked work. (He was the lead in "1984" on the radio today).
Old 17-02-2013, 19:15
davrosdodebird
Forum Member

That's nice to know, Eccleston is a top quality actor
Old 17-02-2013, 19:15
nebogipfel
Forum Member

Maybe they've secured extra funding?
Hopefully. I was just wondering if the "90 minutes" came from an insider. The "60 minutes" was direct from BBC Worldwide.
Old 17-02-2013, 19:16
davrosdodebird
Forum Member

I hope that's accurate, BBC Worldwide and the BBC are 2 different beasts, so there's hope
Old 17-02-2013, 19:20
nebogipfel
Forum Member

I hope that's accurate, BBC Worldwide and the BBC are 2 different beasts, so there's hope
Yep. There's no need to assume that just because Worldwide thought it would be 60 minutes that it will actually turn out to be. But , nevertheless, it was an official source. Unlike various people hoping for longer.
Old 17-02-2013, 19:47
Abomination
Forum Member

I like the episodes done by Nick Hurran... he and Toby Hayne's efforts have been the most cinematic and powerful visualisations of the show for me, and usally accompany my favourite episodes (Astronaut two-parter notwithstanding in Hayne's case)
Abomination is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2013, 19:54
Shawn_Lunn
Forum Member

Good choice with Hurran as 50th anniversary director.

I like him.
Shawn_Lunn is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2013, 19:55
tomwozhere
Forum Member

No, I think they should give McGann a new appearance, I don't think there is anything wrong with his other one though.
tomwozhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2013, 19:56
Granny McSmith
Forum Member

Eccleston is in the new weepie-for-biddies film with Vanessa Redgrave and Terence Stamp and others, "Song for Marion", so he's doing all right.

I'm sure I'll owe a lot of people a lot of money if he is in the Anniversary Special, as my bet was that he would never darken DW's doors again. I hope I'm wrong, though - I'd love to see him, even if he wasn't my favourite.

Maybe he's mellowed with age. Some people do. Not me....other people.
Granny McSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2013, 20:17
Tom Tit
Forum Member

I have two questions, if The Eleven Doctors scenario happens...

One - I wonder why Eccleston is happy to come back?

He doesn't need to be happy to come back... just willing.

He can say he's doing it for the fans who supported him and whatnot. It's a pretty easy thing to backtrack on without looking too craven.

In life, there aren't too many people who stick doggedly to principles. Ecclestone (whether those principles are right or wrong) has done until now but then nothing really tempting has been offered to him before now. Who knows what he will or won't do if / when he is actually asked. Talk is cheap.
Tom Tit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2013, 20:22
saladfingers81
Forum Member

Eccleston is in the new weepie-for-biddies film with Vanessa Redgrave and Terence Stamp and others, "Song for Marion", so he's doing all right.

I'm sure I'll owe a lot of people a lot of money if he is in the Anniversary Special, as my bet was that he would never darken DW's doors again. I hope I'm wrong, though - I'd love to see him, even if he wasn't my favourite.

Maybe he's mellowed with age. Some people do. Not me....other people.
And with 'weepie for biddies' Granny doth invent a vital new genre of cinema. Or at least a word to describe it. Whenever I have to discuss 'Fried Green Tomatoes...' you have just made it alot easier. Not that it often comes up. But best to be prepared.
saladfingers81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2013, 20:25
Granny McSmith
Forum Member

And with 'weepie for biddies' Granny doth invent a vital new genre of cinema. Or at least a word to describe it. Whenever I have to discuss 'Fried Green Tomatoes...' you have just made it alot easier. Not that it often comes up. But best to be prepared.
Glad to have helped.

There are a lot of them about - weepies for biddies, I mean. I try to avoid them, personally.
Granny McSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2013, 21:40
nebogipfel
Forum Member

Yep. There's no need to assume that just because Worldwide thought it would be 60 minutes that it will actually turn out to be. But , nevertheless, it was an official source. Unlike various people hoping for longer.
Blogtor Who has repeated that he thinks the special will be 90 minutes. Which hints he knows something we don't. Which would not be at all unusual. Hope Cameron's right.
Old 17-02-2013, 21:45
Westy2
Forum Member

No, I think they should give McGann a new appearance, I don't think there is anything wrong with his other one though.
Wasn't there a scene in the Eccleston first episode where he's shown in a drawing, wearing similar to the McGann costume?
Westy2 is offline   Reply With Quote