Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Oscar Pistorius Bail Hearing Begins

Closed Thread
Old 22-02-2013, 15:42
treme
Inactive Member

Originally Posted by GinaH;*****958
Try explaining that to Reeva! If only you could?
Accidents happen.
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 22-02-2013, 15:42
Yeah_Jackie
Forum Member

This story is a distraction from real issues.Whats it got to do with us.STOP the hype with Olympics athlete's, they then believe the hype themselves.
I don't understand this post. Can anyone translate it to simpler form for me please.
Old 22-02-2013, 15:43
Rare Groove
Inactive Member

Ok lets even assume he was guilty and knew it was her in the bathroom. He could plead manslaughter as it was possible that she provoked him, people can get pushed beyond their limits. Maybe she mocked him for having no legs? Not that he really wanted to kill her but lost his mind in a moment of anger. That looks more like 2nd degree or man slaughter.

it was not like a planned killing i.e Anni Dewani case.
Kapellmeister
Forum Member

No, there was a report that some in the court room heard OP quietly say 'yes'. Not sure if that's the yes we heard though. I doubt it.
OMG, the 'Yes' from Oscar was from when Nair asked him if he understood the conditions of the bail. It was the only time Oscar spoke throughout the entire session. This is the problem with people having access to half-arsed bits of information.
GinaH
Forum Member

Accidents happen.
An accident?
francie
Forum Member

"I think it is important to remember that someone lost their life," Kim Myers, friend of Reeva, reacting to #Pistorius bail.
^. Lost on some here also.
Old 22-02-2013, 15:44
pinkyponk34
Inactive Member

Tell me about it. Roll on the trial...:-P
SKY have got the TV rights I believe.
Rare Groove
Inactive Member

Yes she was, and I know she wasn't actually in the court. I did say that I wasn't sure she was right
Well that explains it then. She might be biased like many female journalists covering this case.
Yeah_Jackie
Forum Member

OMG, the 'Yes' from Oscar was from when Nair asked him if he understood the conditions of the bail. It was the only time Oscar spoke throughout the entire session. This is the problem with people having access to half-arsed bits of information.
This is correct.

Some of us have tried our best to post here what has been reported on numerous sources but I'm not sure it has helped so much
Old 22-02-2013, 15:45
tvqueen1905
Forum Member

Accidents happen.
this is not like spilling juice over a carpet

nothing will bring reeva back her poor family
scumble
Forum Member

Alex Crawford of Sky tweeted that OP has to refrain from alcohol during proceedings. Does he like a drink?
Yes, it could be said that he likes a drink. Lots of alcohol was allegedly found in his house at the time of the shooting, and he has been involved in drink-related incidents:

In February 2009, he crashed a speedboat on South Africa’s Vaal River, breaking his nose, jaw and several ribs and damaging an eye socket. He required some 180 stitches to his face. Witnesses said he had been drinking, and officers found alcoholic beverages in the wreckage, though they did not do blood tests.
Kapellmeister
Forum Member

This is correct.

Some of us have tried our best to post here what has been reported on numerous sources but I'm not sure it has helped so much
People just believe what they want to believe, as long as it reinforces their pre-conceived conceptions.
Old 22-02-2013, 15:46
GinaH
Forum Member

ANC women's league: "What is distressing is the reaction of some men in court who jumped up and celebrated ... as if they had won a trophy"
lesleyanne
Forum Member

Accidents happen.

What? How can firing 4 shots, at close range, into a small room where you know there's is another human being, possibly be described as an accident?

Or do you believe that Oscar tripped and fell and the gun went off accidentally?
Kapellmeister
Forum Member

Yes, it could be said that he likes a drink. Lots of alcohol was allegedly found in his house at the time of the shooting, and he has been involved in drink-related incidents:

In February 2009, he crashed a speedboat on South Africa’s Vaal River, breaking his nose, jaw and several ribs and damaging an eye socket. He required some 180 stitches to his face. Witnesses said he had been drinking, and officers found alcoholic beverages in the wreckage, though they did not do blood tests.
'26-year-old man likes a drink' shocker. This is just more BS.
francie
Forum Member

I need to stop reading in to this sh*t. I'm going to be a quivering wreck after dark
It's like a car crash though isn't it, you know it's horrible but you can't help looking.
Old 22-02-2013, 15:47
Kapellmeister
Forum Member

What? How can firing 4 shots, at close range, into a small room where you know there's is another human being, possibly be described as an accident?

Or do you believe that Oscar tripped and fell and the gun went off accidentally?
It was an accident that he killed her i.e. it wasn't intentional therefore it was accidental.
Old 22-02-2013, 15:48
Yeah_Jackie
Forum Member

ANC women's league: "What is distressing is the reaction of some men in court who jumped up and celebrated ... as if they had won a trophy"
I understand their relief. I don't understand their insensitivity.
Old 22-02-2013, 15:49
treme
Inactive Member

The shooting was intentional, the person hit was the accident.
Old 22-02-2013, 15:50
GinaH
Forum Member

I understand their relief. I don't understand their insensitivity.
Well put Jackie. They need some lessons in damage limitation i think.
stargazer61
Forum Member

^. Lost on some here also.
I don' t think her death has been lost by fms on here. What has been lost is the ability to see beyond 'if it was me, I would......', to understand that not everything is black and white, to understand that only the barest outlines of the evidence have yet been presented, and to realise that there has been some very misleading and speculative reports in the papers and by TV reporters.
lesleyanne
Forum Member

Ok lets even assume he was guilty and knew it was her in the bathroom. He could plead manslaughter as it was possible that she provoked him, people can get pushed beyond their limits. Maybe she mocked him for having no legs? Not that he really wanted to kill her but lost his mind in a moment of anger. That looks more like 2nd degree or man slaughter.
I'm gobsmacked! A woman calling a man names is an excuse for shooting her dead?! Good grief, I've heard it all now.
treme
Inactive Member

this is not like spilling juice over a carpet

nothing will bring reeva back her poor family
No it won't. Not even emotive posts.
Old 22-02-2013, 15:51
tellywatcher73
Forum Member

People just believe what they want to believe, as long as it reinforces their pre-conceived conceptions.
pot, kettle.
Old 22-02-2013, 15:51
Kapellmeister
Forum Member

I don' t think her death has been lost by fms on here. What has been lost is the ability to see beyond 'if it was me, I would......', to understand that not everything is black and white, to understand that only the barest outlines of the evidence have yet been presented, and to realise that there has been some very misleading and speculative reports in the papers and by TV reporters.
Well said.

Closed Thread