Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Oscar Pistorius Bail Hearing Begins

Closed Thread
Old 24-02-2013, 15:21
francie
Forum Member

Wait.. what? So your feelings on reading that are along the lines of 'why is he interested in an 18 year old?' rather than 'why is he threatening violence?' Have I read that right?
I wouldn't even go there
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 24-02-2013, 15:26
bollywood
Forum Member

I had the same question. There was a window in the toilet cubicle, so why would she open the bathroom one when she went to the toilet? I also think that if the window was open before they went to bed that he would have known about it. It's also odd if he was so paranoid about intruders.
Yes. I think the temperature was running in the low 60's F during the night. That is cool if not chilly so she wouldn't need to open the window in the bathroom.

I don't believe the window was open, although I suspect Pistorius or one of his gang may have opened it after the event.
Hmm. He needs an explanation for the open window in the bathroom.
Old 24-02-2013, 15:28
PinkPetunia
Forum Member

Oi I'm not alone. My mum and dad, as well as colleagues had the same reaction
Makes you all wrong then .Just becuase many people think like you doesnt make you right .It just make more people wrong .
You need to stop digging now and show respect for a girl who died violently
Old 24-02-2013, 15:28
Nihonga
Forum Member

I think the following sequence of events is plausible:

1. He heard a noise from the direction of the bathroom, making him think there may be an intruder.

2. He grabs the gun, and goes to investigate.

3. He gets to the bathroom, sees the open window, hears the noise from the toilet, and in a split second becomes certain in his mind there is an intruder.

I don't think his not mentioning windows in the toilet is relevant. Its enough to know that he would know that, as that means he knows if it was an intruder would not be able to escape from the toilet without coming through the bathroom / bedroom.
Bib: Yep, that scenerio is absolutely plausible.

You're right, his not mentioning the windows in the toilet (if there are any) isn't important. The fact that the only access out from the toilet was through the door is reason to explain why he fired four bullets into the cubicle, believing there was an intruder in there.

One of OP's problems is why he didn't make any attempt to ensure where Reeva was first and foremost, given his feelings for her. Simply assumming she was in the bed, given all his fears about intruders etc, wouldn't wash with some, maybe even, a lot of people.
Old 24-02-2013, 15:35
Gorbag
Forum Member

I admit his story sounds unbelievable, but I want to believe it so badly! It's hard to imagine someone so heroic and distinguished throw away his life because of some fame hungry model he barely knew. He could have so easily replaced her with another.
This thread has been very civilized and polite and fair. That sort of trashy, hateful comment is not welcome, in my opinion.
Old 24-02-2013, 15:38
saralund
Forum Member

She wouldn't have as she would have just woken up and I doubt she would be opening windows when half asleep and also surely she would know that he is paranoid about security.
We don't know that she'd just woken up. We only have OP's word for it that they were both asleep.
Old 24-02-2013, 15:40
mazzy50
Forum Member

We don't know that she'd just woken up. We only have OP's word for it that they were both asleep.
Indeed
codeblue
Forum Member

I wonder what the time-span is between the last text/ phone/ website accessed and the gunshot?

how long were they asleep for?
Xela M
Forum Member

Moving away from my personal views... Has there been an answer on the air con issue? How can there be no air conditioning in his luxury home?
Xela M is offline Follow this poster on Twitter  
Old 24-02-2013, 15:43
LaVieEnRose
Forum Member

Moving away from my personal views... Has there been an answer on the air con issue? How can there be no air conditioning in his luxury home?
Why don't you contact him and ask him yourself since you're such a fan?
Old 24-02-2013, 15:46
KathySpark
Forum Member

Why don't you contact him and ask him yourself since you're such a fan?
The poster has really strange views on "superstars" but dont lower yoursself to their level
Old 24-02-2013, 15:49
Pootmatoot
Forum Member

I've lived in tropical climes with full aircon and I often prefer the warm natural breeze of an open window or traditional fan.

I don't think the aircon is really a serious issue.
Old 24-02-2013, 15:49
Xela M
Forum Member

He's a legend in athletics. Just because some people don't follow the sport, makes him no less of a superstar. I presume posters from South Africa could shed light on HOW popular he is/was there.
Old 24-02-2013, 15:51
KathySpark
Forum Member

I will not rise to this

I will not rise to this

I will not rise to this
Old 24-02-2013, 15:51
The Exiled Dub
Forum Member

He's a legend in athletics. Just because some people don't follow the sport, makes him no less of a superstar. I presume posters from South Africa could shed light on HOW popular he is/was there.
No doubt he is. He's also a killer.
Old 24-02-2013, 15:53
LaVieEnRose
Forum Member

What's your point?
Old 24-02-2013, 15:56
Shappy
Forum Member

But the two options I posted are pretty much the two possibilities.

Does 1 really sound much more likely than 2?
Why not? I'd say the number of instances of killing occuring as result of an angry/jealous partner far, far outnumber the killings as a result of mistaken identity, even in intruder common SA.

A lot has been said about how OPs version of events is unreasonable.

But are we to believe that shooting your girlfriend dead through a locked door because she has been texting is any more reasonable?
You've deliberately termed the circumstances to make them sound ridiculous. No one shoots their girlfriend just for texting in a toilet. If he did shoot her deliberately, it was more likely the culmination of a huge argument.

And thinking about it generally, if it had been a heated argument, between him and a Reeva, would he really need a gun in the first place?
Yes, if she had managed to lock herself in the toilet, how else would he get at her? Batting down the door with her alive and uninjured inside would be far more time consuming and noisy.
Xela M
Forum Member

The poster has really strange views on "superstars" but dont lower yoursself to their level
It was a response to the above post. I forgot to quote it.
Nihonga
Forum Member

I don't know if he had air con or not, but sometimes the outside temperature might be hot enough to heat the house and its rooms to warrant its use. Air con might not be needed; simply opening the windows might be enough to cool the room.

A poster up thread said that the temperature was a cool 60F at the time. Not really that hot to need air con

ETA: His superstardom is not on trial here, btw. So his popularity and celebrity is not relevant to the proceedings or to the charges he is facing. Why you should bring it up is very, very strange.
Old 24-02-2013, 15:57
mazzy50
Forum Member

I wonder what the time-span is between the last text/ phone/ website accessed and the gunshot?

how long were they asleep for?
Do you mean how long does OP say there were asleep for?

There are two witness statements suggesting that there was a loud argument which continued for as much as an hour between 2am and 3am before gunshots were heard.

That could mean (if true) that Reeva and OP never went to bed at all, and the whole scenario outlined in the affidavit was a fabrication designed to cover up what actually happened.

At the very least, whilst these witness statements will require investigation, I would have thought that their existence indicates that OP's statement should not just be accepted as a true record of what transpired and quoted as fact.
Old 24-02-2013, 15:57
GinaH
Forum Member

http://www.scribd.com/doc/126918194/...d-in-the-house

Looking at this graphic again, presuming it is correct...the safer option if he heard an intruder from the bathroom, would have been to exit via the nearer bedroom door. We know he says it was locked, but does this mean the key was left in the lock or on his person, or put somewhere for safe keeping. Confused? I am!
Old 24-02-2013, 16:00
Tourista
Forum Member

Exactly.

Everything boils down to whether or not OP's statements hang together in some coherent timeline.

Simply put, they dont.
Old 24-02-2013, 16:00
francie
Forum Member

Are you on a wind up? a serious question.
Old 24-02-2013, 16:02
Shappy
Forum Member

I don't think the air con being off is so odd. Having grown up in a desert hot Middle Eastern country and another hot African country, I know that as soon as the temperature fell to any reasonable level (considered cool in those countries but would be considered very hot in the UK), we would switch off our ACs to get some fresh air. It is horrible for the skin and breathing to be under AC conditions all year round.
Old 24-02-2013, 16:04
Xela M
Forum Member

Are you on a wind up? a serious question.
Honestly I'm not. I really like OP and I find it sad that he is in this situation (through his own stupidity of course).

Closed Thread