Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

BB Posters Reunited and WELCOME to the lurkers! (Part 53)

Closed Thread
Old 29-03-2013, 11:49
Scots rool
Forum Member

I alway thought all the shops were shut Good friday...shows how old i am

Hi flora hope you are well

im still using my juicer everyday

Hi Scotty hope you are in fine fettle

aww how cute is that kitty
Morning Janet, I'm fine ta. You?
I love its wee pink paws & tummy.
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 29-03-2013, 11:53
Flora Poste
Forum Member

Morning Janet

Very well thanks Janet, hope same goes for you but seeing as you are still using the juicer I expect you are fighting fit
Old 29-03-2013, 13:41
JoJo4
Forum Member

Heehee, Gemo posted THIS on FB, it needs to be seen everywhere.

MY PET HATES
Afternoon guys

Someone sent me the above a while ago and I agree totally - there were others that I added to the list but I can't remember off hand what they were - they'll come back to me I'm sure
Old 29-03-2013, 13:43
JoJo4
Forum Member

Hi Janet - juicers are great, I agree!

I'm sure M&S always used to close on GF and ES - aren't they owned by a Jewish family who observed EAster as a religious holiday? In fact I shopped yesterday assuming that they'd be closed today
Old 29-03-2013, 13:47
JoJo4
Forum Member

Morning Flora, no, there's been a few flurries of snow, but it isn't lying (for now anyway).

How cute is this. HERE
Oh so cute, little poppet! Reminds me of OH first thing in the morning, he twitches and jumps - but not remotely cute
Old 29-03-2013, 14:01
Janet29
Forum Member

it was a cutie i loved how the mother cat kept watching it

im fine thanks
Morning Janet

Very well thanks Janet, hope same goes for you but seeing as you are still using the juicer I expect you are fighting fit
i am indeed

good to hear you are well
Hi Janet - juicers are great, I agree!

I'm sure M&S always used to close on GF and ES - aren't they owned by a Jewish family who observed EAster as a religious holiday? In fact I shopped yesterday assuming that they'd be closed today
i love it, i put allsorts in it (not liquorice Hicky )

i shopped to yesterday thinking they were closed

im having probs wth my lappy it doesnt recognise the router and says im not connected but my old lappy is....i need to investigate...google is my friend (well i hope it is haha)
Old 29-03-2013, 15:04
Barracute
Forum Member

Morning Flora, no, there's been a few flurries of snow, but it isn't lying (for now anyway).

How cute is this. HERE
Yes very
Old 29-03-2013, 15:27
JoJo4
Forum Member

im fine thanks

i am indeed

im having probs wth my lappy it doesnt recognise the router and says im not connected but my old lappy is....i need to investigate...google is my friend (well i hope it is haha)
I've had all kinds of problems with the PC and the lap tops for the last week or so - don't recognise the router, can't find a signal - I assumed in the end that it was caused by the weather Turning the modem off and on again helped some of the time - in fact OH has just come through with his laptop to say it's happened again
Old 29-03-2013, 15:53
Janet29
Forum Member

I've had all kinds of problems with the PC and the lap tops for the last week or so - don't recognise the router, can't find a signal - I assumed in the end that it was caused by the weather Turning the modem off and on again helped some of the time - in fact OH has just come through with his laptop to say it's happened again
it just seems odd that this old lappy can get online, ive not sorted the other but theres no rush.....its funny ive been looking in my browsing history on this lappy and there on the top was a link to 2007 SUC thread....made me smile reading
Old 29-03-2013, 16:19
Mootle
Forum Member

hello All

How cute is this. HERE
aw cuuuuute
Heehee, Gemo posted THIS on FB, it needs to be seen everywhere.

MY PET HATES
I fear people have totally given up trying to contain the wandering apostrophe...
It's a clever cat that conduct with its' tail while asleep. Er, have I got that second apostrophe correct? We need Litts at a time like this....
Old 29-03-2013, 16:38
Gemo52
Forum Member

hello All

aw cuuuuute

I fear people have totally given up trying to contain the wandering apostrophe...

It's a clever cat that conduct with its' tail while asleep. Er, have I got that second apostrophe correct? We need Litts at a time like this....
No you havenít. The only time its has an apostrophe is when it is a shortening of it is.
Old 29-03-2013, 17:32
Janet29
Forum Member

hello All

aw cuuuuute

your just showing off

if im on a forum i dont worry much about apostrophes its enough to get me spelling right...although if i am giving in a piece of work it is spot on

hows Rupert doing?

edit ive fixed my lappy to
Old 29-03-2013, 17:55
Barracute
Forum Member

No you havenít. The only time its has an apostrophe is when it is a shortening of it is.
I always get confused with apostrophe's (<<is that one right) but i think i know about it is
Old 29-03-2013, 18:04
minkski
Forum Member

im fine thanks

i am indeed:.D

It was very cute, though a shame it stopped as mother cat got up

Evening all

Afternoon all. Brake pads fixed. The man who teaches mum how to use dad's ipad (he doesn't get a look in) and her iphone (which she loves now) did them for me, and it only cost £70 Would have cost loads more at BMW. I watched him do it- not such a techy job when you see how it's done (still wouldn't attempt it myself) It was good I haven't been driving this last week, as on the side without the sensor it was down to bare metal luckily only just so, had I been driving I'd have needed new discs as well
Old 29-03-2013, 18:17
Gemo52
Forum Member

I always get confused with apostrophe's (<<is that one right) but i think i know about it is
No that one isnít needed.

They are used to represent a missing letter as above, or to denote a possessive Ė Fredís shoes, for instance.

People stick them in after dates Ė the 80ís is incorrect, but if you were referring to 80sí music the apostrophe is OK, it wouldnít be if you said music of the 80s. Note the apostrophe is after the s because 80s is plural.

Simple, a í represent a missing letter or the words of the or belonging to.

Thereís loads of misuse of . for omitted letters. Ltd. is incorrect, Co. isnít.

Off for a while but Iíll be back.
Old 29-03-2013, 18:34
Scots rool
Forum Member

Afternoon guys

Someone sent me the above a while ago and I agree totally - there were others that I added to the list but I can't remember off hand what they were - they'll come back to me I'm sure
I posted a similar one a couple of months ago.
Oh so cute, little poppet! Reminds me of OH first thing in the morning, he twitches and jumps - but not remotely cute
.......so nothing like your O/H then.........
Here's a wee song that may help you..........
Apostrophe (Oh Christmas Tree)
by Eileen Thorpe

Apostrophe, apostrophe
You drive me oh so batty.
Apostrophe, apostrophe
Your overuse is a travesty.
Some people just canít get enough
They must think youíre hot stuff
Apostrophe, apostrophe
Some rules to avoid catastrophe.

Itís hers and theirs and yours and its
when you want to possess a bit
And when you need to pluralize,
You donít need to apostrophize.
And what of words that end in esess?
An apostrophe will only make a messís.

I wonder why you so confuse
Iím sure youíre tired of this abuse.
Apostrophe, apostrophe
You drive me oh so batty
Old 29-03-2013, 18:56
honeythewitch
Forum Member

It's one of my mother's favourites too :

It's very good
Looks like i am the only one who hadn't seen the flashmob thing so i am glad it was posted.
He is gobbling down the adult food with great enjoyment. The reason teacups get so cold is related to the high surface area to volume ratio - they have the potential to release core heat from a small body volume over a comparitively large surface area. I'm keeping a watch on his weight - he is now a massive 1Kg.

He sure has. I am deffo in love.

KOOOOOL- I love that bit of Beethoven!
I would let him eat as much as he wants. The fatter he is the warmer he will be. Probably.
Puppies managed fine before puppy food was invented.
Helloooo

OH found Easter eggs in M&S yum

Yoga was good, hard but good! OH has a new found appreciation for 'standing on one leg and sh!t like that'

Thai teacher cut lesson short 'cos himself was getting on her nerves, ok, she didn't say that exactly but effectively that's what he was doing! 'Working from home' my skinny @ss

Ach well, it's Friday afternoon, kids will be home soon and neighbour has selflessly volunteered to pour drinks down our throats later. Cheers you lot!
What exactly did your husband do to annoy her?
your just showing off

if im on a forum i dont worry much about apostrophes its enough to get me spelling right...although if i am giving in a piece of work it is spot on

hows Rupert doing?

edit ive fixed my lappy to
I dont bother much either because I try to write as I speak to friends.
No that one isnít needed.

They are used to represent a missing letter as above, or to denote a possessive Ė Fredís shoes, for instance.

People stick them in after dates Ė the 80ís is incorrect, but if you were referring to 80sí music the apostrophe is OK, it wouldnít be if you said music of the 80s. Note the apostrophe is after the s because 80s is plural.

Simple, a í represent a missing letter or the words of the or belonging to.

Thereís loads of misuse of . for omitted letters. Ltd. is incorrect, Co. isnít.

Off for a while but Iíll be back.
Why cant we say "it's" as in "it's paw was bleeding"?

We went out and bought a load of hideous stuff.
I got hideous magenta socks. (because i cant have rough seams so never mind the colour)
Then we got a hideous washed out magenta drainy scoopy utensil because it looks as if it might not melt if its left in the chip pan.
Then CL got some hideous reading glasses because apparently you cant get number four strength anywhere and who cares what they look like as long as he can see.
Then we got the most awful horrid grey plastic bin because thats all we could find that didnt cost a fortune.
Then we had the worst meal EVER. I dont even know where we were because CL was doing one of his creative routes again. It was a "hungry horse" chain pub. Absolutely vile.
Old 29-03-2013, 19:11
Scots rool
Forum Member

Looks like i am the only one who hadn't seen the flashmob thing so i am glad it was posted.

I would let him eat as much as he wants. The fatter he is the warmer he will be. Probably.

I got hideous magenta socks. (because i cant have rough seams so never mind the colour)
Then we got a hideous washed out magenta drainy scoopy utensil because it looks as if it might not melt if its left in the chip pan.
Then CL got some hideous reading glasses because apparently you cant get number four strength anywhere and who cares what they look like as long as he can see.
Then we got the most awful horrid grey plastic bin because thats all we could find that didnt cost a fortune.
Then we had the worst meal EVER. I dont even know where we were because CL was doing one of his creative routes again. It was a "hungry horse" chain pub. Absolutely vile.
Looks like there were more people who hadn't seen it, than had.

Because that doesn't make sense. (grammatically speaking)

Don't confuse the contraction it's (meaning, "it is") with the possessive pronoun its:

It's the first day of spring.
Our bird has escaped from its cage.

I'm (I am)
you're (you are)
he's (he is)
she's (she is)
it's* (it is)
we're (we are)
they're (they are)
isn't (is not)
aren't (are not)
can't (cannot)
don't (do not)
who's (who is)
won't (will not)
Old 29-03-2013, 19:19
Janet29
Forum Member

Hideous is the new Versace

i got 4+ strength at the airport when i had forgotten my glasses (i like to wear them when lens are out) sadly i take -4 lol so they were no good, shame they are womens frames or you could have had them
Old 29-03-2013, 19:21
honeythewitch
Forum Member

Looks like there were more people who hadn't seen it, than had.

Because that doesn't make sense. (grammatically speaking)

Don't confuse the contraction it's (meaning, "it is") with the possessive pronoun its:

It's the first day of spring.
Our bird has escaped from its cage.

I'm (I am)
you're (you are)
he's (he is)
she's (she is)
it's* (it is)
we're (we are)
they're (they are)
isn't (is not)
aren't (are not)
can't (cannot)
don't (do not)
who's (who is)
won't (will not)
It is very confusing, because i always think that if we can have "Alisha's attic" then "it's attic" is logical.
Old 29-03-2013, 19:36
JoJo4
Forum Member

I posted a similar one a couple of months ago.

.......so nothing like your O/H then.........

Here's a wee song that may help you..........
Posture exactly like OH but cuteness factor very different!

Because that would mean 'it is paw' which is incorrect!

I love your shopping trips - either loads of bargains or loads of vileness! I have some rather hidous socks too, I wear them under boots so who cares. I have reading glasses from Costco, one pair is nice and I wouldn't mind who saw them, the other 5 aren't wonderful but enable me to read small print.
Old 29-03-2013, 19:36
minkski
Forum Member

It's always worth a view, it's very good
Old 29-03-2013, 19:37
Hicky
Forum Member

Evening All.:-)((((((( {o-^-o} )))))))

It's been a lovely day, sunny all day, but cold.

Had a good day in the garden, had to stay well wrapped up though.

Got my 3 Fig Trees re-potted into American style Tubs that i built water reservoir into the base.
Hicky is offline Follow this poster on Twitter  
Old 29-03-2013, 19:40
Gemo52
Forum Member

Itís paw was bleeding is incorrect, its paw was bleeding is right. That one is very confusing but itís is only used instead of it is, although its paw is a possessive, but it is a personal possessive. The only personal possessive with an apostrophe is oneís.

I have many years experience editing books and magazines, thatís why I had to learn this stuff.
Old 29-03-2013, 19:40
Scots rool
Forum Member

It is very confusing, because i always think that if we can have "Alisha's attic" then "it's attic" is logical.
Alisha's attic belongs to her.........it's attic isn't logical.
Have a look through THIS

Closed Thread