Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Problems with Be Broadband

Old 03-03-2013, 17:07
jo2015
Forum Member

Booked an Engineer to sort out the phone line via the Indian call centre and twice in one week, the bloke didn't turn up.

On both occasions the excuse was 'lack of resources'. Meaning what? A lack of engineers? Why offer me the appointments in the first place.

And as for their Indian call centre, I doubt I'm the first to grumble that it would help if they could improve their English.

Think I'll be requesting a MAC code.
jo2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 03-03-2013, 17:17
*MikeB*
Forum Member

No point with the MAC.

It would have been the same regardless of which company you were with. It is not enough engineers, yes.

All of the engineers that could have taken your job will have been stuck on other jobs that took longer than anticipated. My advice with engineer appointments is to ALWAYS go for a morning appointment.
*MikeB* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 17:40
jo2015
Forum Member

No point with the MAC.

It would have been the same regardless of which company you were with. It is not enough engineers, yes.

All of the engineers that could have taken your job will have been stuck on other jobs that took longer than anticipated. My advice with engineer appointments is to ALWAYS go for a morning appointment.
They were morning appointments!

After the second non-appearance, I was left an answerphone message...of background noise at their call centre!

And twice in one week.
Old 03-03-2013, 18:41
Call_me_Dave
Inactive Member

Booked an Engineer to sort out the phone line via the Indian call centre and twice in one week, the bloke didn't turn up.

On both occasions the excuse was 'lack of resources'.
Did BT contact you or did you contact them ?
Call_me_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 21:06
DANCE OF DEATH

If you send an e-mail to the CEO of BT who is an Ian Livingston ian.livingston@bt.com. Explaining what happened in the e-mail and you should get a reply and they should sort it out for you.
DANCE OF DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:17
noise747
Forum Member

On both occasions the excuse was 'lack of resources'. Meaning what? A lack of engineers? Why offer me the appointments in the first place.

And as for their Indian call centre, I doubt I'm the first to grumble that it would help if they could improve their English.

Think I'll be requesting a MAC code.
That is a disgrace, but it don't surprise me. what if you had taken a day off work?

The call centre is awful, they really need to bring them back to the UK, so do other companies, saying that, it may not solve the problem.

I phoned a company a few months back and it was a British call centre, but the person who I was talking to did not have one of our British Accent.

MAC would not do any good as someone else said,
noise747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:20
jo2015
Forum Member

Did BT contact you or did you contact them ?
I had to contact BT.
Old 04-03-2013, 14:06
Call_me_Dave
Inactive Member

If you send an e-mail to the CEO of BT who is an Ian Livingston ian.livingston@bt.com. Explaining what happened in the e-mail and you should get a reply and they should sort it out for you.
Would the CEO really reply to customers ?! - that's a first. I'm sure MDs of many companies have better things to do than sit at their desk looking into individual complaints from people.

I had to contact BT.
Sounds like pretty shoddy service from BT.
Call_me_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote