Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

PVR wifi dongles

Old 25-02-2013, 09:30
NorthPole
Forum Member

I've noticed recently that on tuning to Film4, a message briefly appears against a black screen to the effect that the channel is scrambled. This then disppears after a few seconds and all is well.

Has anyone else noticed this? - I'm on Crystal Palace TX incidentally.
NorthPole is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 25-02-2013, 10:21
chrisjr
Forum Member

Does it actually say "unavailable or scrambled"? I get that on odd occasions when tuning into a channel. Only very briefly as the Humax sorts itself out. I think it is simply taking a little time to "lock on" to the data stream correctly and while it is it throws up that message.

As long as it vanishes I wouldn't worry too much to be honest. If it was to stay on screen and not go away then that is a different matter.
chrisjr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2013, 10:24
Bob1942
Forum Member

Does it actually say "unavailable or scrambled"? I get that on odd occasions when tuning into a channel. Only very briefly as the Humax sorts itself out. I think it is simply taking a little time to "lock on" to the data stream correctly and while it is it throws up that message.

As long as it vanishes I wouldn't worry too much to be honest. If it was to stay on screen and not go away then that is a different matter.
Had that before signal strength was increased but not since then,I'm on CP as well
Bob1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2013, 10:39
chrisjr
Forum Member

Had that before signal strength was increased but not since then,I'm on CP as well
Only see it very occasionally and even then barely long enough to register what it says, usually no longer than 1-2secs. And only when first tuning into a programme. Actually thinking about it, it might only happen when going from a channel on one mux to a channel on a different mux. (I receive off Hannington).
chrisjr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2013, 10:41
NorthPole
Forum Member

I think it does, but I will have to check again should the message reappear. Glad to learn it's not just me who sees it though!
Old 25-02-2013, 10:43
EEPhil
Forum Member

I've had the same "problem" on most channels from the Waltham transmitter. Usually the message goes in a couple of seconds. Failing that changing channels usually sorts it. As chrisjr says - I wouldn't bother about it unless the message stays on screen a long time.
EEPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2013, 10:05
NorthPole
Forum Member

I'm not losing any sleep over it, but there was a suggestion in another Humax forum that the message might signify impending tuner failure!
Old 26-02-2013, 12:54
Big-les
Forum Member

I'm not losing any sleep over it, but there was a suggestion in another Humax forum that the message might signify impending tuner failure!
Somebody scaremongering by the sounds of it, or a suggestion that has been misinterpreted as fact.
Big-les is offline   Reply With Quote