Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Game of Thrones (Season Three) (UK Pace)

Old 28-02-2013, 12:57
Shadout
Forum Member

I got the impression that even that was largely forced on him by his men. I suspect he'd bend the knee to the iron throne if someone sensible was sat on it.
I disagree, Renly was probably the least undesirable option of the three other kings (Joffrey and Stannis being the others) to Robb, but he still wouldn't accept him as King of all Westeros - remember, Catelyn said as much when she went as an envoy to both Renly and Stannis.

Robb wants to be the King in the North as srhDS pointed out. He also wants his sisters back, which means he has to deal with the South to an extent, but there's no way he would bend the knee to anybody.
Shadout is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:29
B-612
Forum Member

The episode titles have been released. I don't know if they count as spoilers but will put just in case.

Spoiler
B-612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 13:10
Shawn_Lunn
Forum Member

The episode titles have been released. I don't know if they count as spoilers but will put just in case.

Spoiler
Interesting titles.

Just got Season 2 on DVD today.

My weekend is sorted then
Shawn_Lunn is online now Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 13:43
franster
Forum Member

Dumb question probably but what time/channel is it on, I've only ever seen the DVDs/streamed online/seen repeats
franster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 00:46
Jay Seery
Community Manager

Digital Spy Staff

Dumb question probably but what time/channel is it on, I've only ever seen the DVDs/streamed online/seen repeats
It's on at 9pm on Sky Atlantic (returning on April 1)

A bunch of new character photos have been released: http://dspy.me/12hH8Av

Exciting stuff!
Jay Seery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:14
vicky2424
Forum Member

New Season Three trailer just premiered a day early, thanks HBO

Finally, some Stannis and more new people!
vicky2424 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:00
Shadout
Forum Member

New Season Three trailer just premiered a day early, thanks HBO

Finally, some Stannis and more new people!

Ahh, I'd forgotten about
Spoiler
- looking forward to that!
Old 03-03-2013, 17:01
Rosaliee
Forum Member

Can't stop watching the extended trailer, it all looks so epic. Really cannot wait for April 1st, counting down the days.
Rosaliee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 17:11
dronkula
Forum Member

The problem with season three is that, if you've read the books, you know that, as long as they follow the story, season four is going to be just gob-smackingly amazing/shocking.

So, season three is just the one to get through before we get to the really *really* good stuff.

And, even further ahead, I'm intrigued into how they're going to film season 5 and 6.

Spoiler
dronkula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 17:11
misssdorian
Forum Member

The extended trailer is amazing

I love the music choice ..31st can't come quick enough
misssdorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 17:29
B-612
Forum Member

So, season three is just the one to get through before we get to the really *really* good stuff.
Simply not true. Episode 9 alone:-

Spoiler
B-612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 17:52
Cadiva
Forum Member

The problem with season three is that, if you've read the books, you know that, as long as they follow the story, season four is going to be just gob-smackingly amazing/shocking.

And, even further ahead, I'm intrigued into how they're going to film season 5 and 6.

Spoiler
They're supposedly mixing up the story lines for both Book Three (which was split because of its length into two volumes here in the UK) and Books Four and Five for the TV adaptations
Spoiler
Cadiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 17:55
vicky2424
Forum Member

Spoiler
I reckon they'll have to just
Spoiler
vicky2424 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 18:48
violetcrawley
Forum Member

No problem, happy to help, that's what the thread is here for. Will give as much details as I can without being spoilery.

Not likely as Robb got married in Season 2, even though he was promised to a Frey as payment to cross the bridge into the south. So a Frey would be next in line to marry him should he become single again. As you said it "All Robb would need to do is get rid of his current wife!" which is not like him

This is what started the last big war and put Robert on the throne! Dany's older brother (the prince) took Ned's sister who Robert wanted to marry. Raegar raped her and kept her prisoner. Robert and Ned joined forces and raised an army to free her but she was killed. They went on to depose House Targaryen and take the Iron Throne.
There would be some poetic justice in them getting together and putting the Targaryens back on the throne.
Dany's older brother is this the brother who got crowned in Gold or another brother.

Btw that actor is the Great grandson of Charles Dickens.
violetcrawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 19:01
Cadiva
Forum Member

Dany's older brother is this the brother who got crowned in Gold or another brother.

Btw that actor is the Great grandson of Charles Dickens.
It's another brother, the eldest one, Rhaegar Targaryen, killed by Robert Baratheon during Robert's Rebellion at a ford during the Battle of the Trident.
Cadiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 22:38
ally08
Forum Member

I've just seen the extended preview and it got me all excited for series 3 again.

"Death is coming for everyone".

Nothing more to say.
ally08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 22:41
Apple_Crumble
Forum Member

Look to your sins, Lord Renly. The night is dark and full of terrors.
Apple_Crumble is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 22:44
ally08
Forum Member

This might be right off topic but it doesn't contain spoilers.

Since the end of series 2 I have been following a load of the actors on twitter.

Some of them come across as brilliant people, in fact none of them, so far, seem to be total tossers.

Anyone else following them?
Old 04-03-2013, 08:08
Shadout
Forum Member

This might be right off topic but it doesn't contain spoilers.

Since the end of series 2 I have been following a load of the actors on twitter.

Some of them come across as brilliant people, in fact none of them, so far, seem to be total tossers.

Anyone else following them?
Can't say as I do, any examples? I'm hoping that their levels of "bantz" are a tad more cerebral than the average footballer...
Old 04-03-2013, 10:12
ally08
Forum Member

Can't say as I do, any examples? I'm hoping that their levels of "bantz" are a tad more cerebral than the average footballer...
Nah not particularly cerebral, the guy who plays Loras for instance is a bit of a ditz.

The guy who plays Sam is very funny though.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:27
Shadout
Forum Member

Nah not particularly cerebral, the guy who plays Loras for instance is a bit of a ditz.

The guy who plays Sam is very funny though.
Who would you recommend following then? I'm relatively new to this whole twitter lark.
Old 05-03-2013, 12:45
tands
Forum Member

I hope one of my favourite characters, Stannis, is in season three.

The iron throne is mine by right ...
Yep, he's there, near the end of the long trailer; blink and you miss it but he is there.

Stannis is far and beyond my favourite character.
tands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:35
Shadout
Forum Member

Yep, he's there, near the end of the long trailer; blink and you miss it but he is there.

Stannis is far and beyond my favourite character.
Stannis is certainly an interesting character - he's played very well and the portrayal is very close to how he comes across in the books. He's cold, he's hard, and he's driven by his sense of doing what is right and just, rather than what is decent.

I have to say though, he's not a patch on Arya though - in the books or indeed in the tv series. Maisie Williams has done an amazing job there!
Old 07-03-2013, 19:32
Corwin
Forum Member

A look at some of the props for Season 3. You can get an idea on how big the Dragons are now by the cages built for them.
Corwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 20:06
sootysoo
Forum Member

Stannis is certainly an interesting character - he's played very well and the portrayal is very close to how he comes across in the books. He's cold, he's hard, and he's driven by his sense of doing what is right and just, rather than what is decent.

I have to say though, he's not a patch on Arya though - in the books or indeed in the tv series. Maisie Williams has done an amazing job there!
I have to agree. I love the Arya storyline and always look forward to her scenes. She's a fantastic actress and apart from John Snow's arc, I enjoy her story the most.
sootysoo is online now   Reply With Quote