Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

Old 22-02-2013, 15:48
barracuda91
Forum Member

I've never played the Monster Hunter series before but I've been interested in this game. I got the demo for the 3DS and Wii U to try it out and it's definitely a game that requires a steep learning curve and some research to fully understand what to do. I think though that when you do grasp the controls and gameplay it would be a very rewarding and fun game to play. So I'm not going to give up on it because it isn't always best to make judgement on a game based on its demo.

Anyone else been playing the demo or picking the game up when it's released?
barracuda91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 22-02-2013, 17:18
SimonB79
Forum Member

I've never played the Monster Hunter series before but I've been interested in this game. I got the demo for the 3DS and Wii U to try it out and it's definitely a game that requires a steep learning curve and some research to fully understand what to do. I think though that when you do grasp the controls and gameplay it would be a very rewarding and fun game to play. So I'm not going to give up on it because it isn't always best to make judgement on a game based on its demo.

I cancelled my preorder when I found out it was region locked & I couldn't play with US pals on my friendlist.
SimonB79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 18:34
SilverCrown
Forum Member

I just tried the demo on the Wii U. Controls are a bit tough to get used to, but the graphics are pretty nice, and I do like a challenge. I'm gonna pre-order it soon. Seems like a good game to get for online multi-player.
SilverCrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 01:00
kobashi100
Forum Member

As its a game I always want on me I am gonna download 3DS version off eshop.

t gonna buy Wii U version till I have put in some serious hours on single player.
kobashi100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2013, 22:41
SilverCrown
Forum Member

Looks like they changed their minds about the cross-region co-op. Great news!
SilverCrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:20
MD1500
Forum Member

Yep. Off-screen play too!
MD1500 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 19:44
SimonB79
Forum Member

great news!!! might order myself a copy from amazon now!!!
Old 01-03-2013, 23:30
kobashi100
Forum Member

A statement from Nintendo reads:

We can confirm that on March 22nd, the launch day of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS, an application named MONSTER HUNTER 3 ULTIMATE Packet Relay Tools for Nintendo 3DS will be made available as a free download on the Nintendo eShop on Wii U.
This application allows players of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on Nintendo 3DS to play the game online by using a Wii U console connected to the Internet via the Wii LAN Adapter or Wii U LAN Adapter (to be sold separately). Using this set-up, one Nintendo 3DS system can connect to the Wii U console, and play Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate online with other players.

Please note that while the Wii U console is providing this function for the Nintendo 3DS system, it is not possible to simultaneously use the Wii U console for playing Wii U software or to connect locally to another Nintendo 3DS system. A copy of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for Wii U is not required.
http://nintendoeverything.com/114573...ropean-launch/
kobashi100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:47
Jonesey
Forum Member

I thought everything about the demo was, frankly bloody awful. Sorry, guys.
Jonesey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2013, 02:55
barracuda91
Forum Member

IGN have given it 8.8. Great score. I may not get it straight away because I'm planning on getting Lego City: Undercover and I'm a bit tight for money, but I'm still interested in getting it at some point. Hopefully I will enjoy it just as much as the reviewer.
barracuda91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2013, 08:43
SimonB79
Forum Member

IGN have given it 8.8. Great score. I may not get it straight away because I'm planning on getting Lego City: Undercover and I'm a bit tight for money, but I'm still interested in getting it at some point. Hopefully I will enjoy it just as much as the reviewer.
This ... Lego City Undercover & Luigi's Mansion 2 ... what a month eh? /excited

(hopefully this is a taste of things 2 come)
Old 18-03-2013, 09:02
Black Hugh
Forum Member

I thought everything about the demo was, frankly bloody awful. Sorry, guys.
I have to agree, I thought it was awful. Still hope it sells well though
Black Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2013, 12:18
lamblamlamb
Forum Member

Brother buying this as he consantly plays the wii one. I hear they are closing down the servers on the wii around the time this one comes out, is this true?
lamblamlamb is offline   Reply With Quote