Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Alexandre Burke music career over? Aiming to win part in 2 west end musicals

Old 22-02-2013, 18:35
violetcrawley
Forum Member

Hi another one bites the dust.

After being in the papers for a few months frockling in the sea in her bikini and coming out of nightclubs it appears Alexandre Burke recording contract with RCA is over.

I read in the daily mail yesterday that she has been taking acting lessons so she can secure a part in 2 musicals she is after and wants to pursue acting jobs now.

What happened to RCA America and working with top people in the states?

She has a great voice feel abit sorry for her that her recording career is over.
violetcrawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 22-02-2013, 18:44
iseloid
Forum Member

Nah. She's simply considering options. She seems to be planning some kind of musical than being in it
iseloid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 18:51
LandslideBrad
Forum Member

She can be a popstar AND a west end star. I mean if she doesn't go back to her 'Overcome' style I won't be buying her music but she can do both.
LandslideBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 18:53
LW09

There is nothing stopping her doing both, she just needs to find the right type of music. She needs to go back to r&b/dance type music rather than electropop. There are a lot of people doing electropop at the minute and most people do it better.
LW09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 19:06
iseloid
Forum Member

There is nothing stopping her doing both, she just needs to find the right type of music. She needs to go back to r&b/dance type music rather than electropop. There are a lot of people doing electropop at the minute and most people do it better.
! The people have spoken!
iseloid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 20:11
jackbell
Forum Member

Gotta pay them bills.
jackbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 20:23
abrightyz
Forum Member

Hi another one bites the dust.

After being in the papers for a few months frockling in the sea in her bikini and coming out of nightclubs it appears Alexandre Burke recording contract with RCA is over.

I read in the daily mail yesterday that she has been taking acting lessons so she can secure a part in 2 musicals she is after and wants to pursue acting jobs now.

What happened to RCA America and working with top people in the states?

She has a great voice feel abit sorry for her that her recording career is over.

who's alexandre burke? any sample of his songs?
abrightyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 21:30
ariella52
Forum Member

Why do people constantly knock the West End here?

I don't know what will happen with Alex's pop career, but I do know that it takes a lot of talent to be a top musical theatre star. I also think it is probably a more sustainable career than being a pop star which is usually very short term.

So if Alex takes that path, I wish her very success. I saw Will Young in Cabaret last year and he was outstanding. It didn't do him any harm.
ariella52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 22:23
Dreammaster695
Forum Member

shes still alive? :O news to me...
Dreammaster695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 23:29
Postbox
Forum Member

who's alexandre burke? any sample of his songs?
She's the Xtra Factor winner, she had a huge hit with Misbehaving Boys a while back.
Postbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 23:33
Zack06
Forum Member

She's the Xtra Factor winner, she had a huge hit with Misbehaving Boys a while back.
Is it a drag act?
Zack06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 23:50
Postbox
Forum Member

Is it a drag act?
What? Of course not her debut album, Overwhelmed, went multi-beige
Postbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 00:15
fireemblemcraze
Forum Member

What? Of course not her debut album, Overwhelmed, went multi-beige
However, her second album Heartfreak On Lol'd didn't even go copper...
fireemblemcraze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 00:18
Forum Member

Just noticed that.

Alexandre Burke LOL
1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 00:42
gpk
Forum Member

i had heard she`s instigated a `scripted` agent as a well as a music agent, so she is clearly keeping her opinions open. she would be great in the west end, i would definitely watch her in `the bodyguard` for instance. apparently, she wants to be a `serious actress` though and that role might not be high brow enough for her. is it true about her parting with rca though?
gpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 08:42
soulmusic
Forum Member

Good luck to Alex in whatever she decides to do. Why shouldn't Alex have a chance at acting, if this is what she wants, look at the late Whitney Houston, brilliant singer, but still appeared in a good film. Lots of singers have gone through the acting route as well, Alicia Keys and so many others, and I don't see why Alex shouldn't have another bow to her string. I find it very hard to understand why people have a downer on Alex, I can understand that everyone will not like her type of music, but she has a brilliant voice.
soulmusic is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 09:13
violetcrawley
Forum Member

Er it was not a downer just reporting the facts.
Old 23-02-2013, 10:49
Zack06
Forum Member

Er it was not a downer just reporting the facts.
There are no facts in your post. She has not officially announced that she is quitting music.
Old 23-02-2013, 11:29
Shoed
Forum Member

i had heard she`s instigated a `scripted` agent as a well as a music agent, so she is clearly keeping her opinions open. she would be great in the west end, i would definitely watch her in `the bodyguard` for instance. apparently, she wants to be a `serious actress` though and that role might not be high brow enough for her. is it true about her parting with rca though?
No don't know where you've heard about RCA but she's still with them
Shoed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 11:47
Cyril_Sneer
Inactive Member

I also think it is probably a more sustainable career than being a pop star which is usually very short term.
Not for much longer given the amount of ex reality stars taking theatre roles lol
Cyril_Sneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 13:38
gpk
Forum Member

No don't know where you've heard about RCA but she's still with them
the op suggests as much in the opening post, so that is why i asked.
gpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 20:01
violetcrawley
Forum Member

There are no facts in your post. She has not officially announced that she is quitting music.
I was just reporting the facts. She obv still not with RCA America otherwise she would not be aiming for the west end.

That is where all the failed music stars go.

Playing in front of hundreds in a theatre after losing your record contact is a step down.

I am sure she would prefer to play in front of thousands singing.
Old 23-02-2013, 20:20
jackbell
Forum Member

Playing in front of hundreds in a theatre after losing your record contact is a step down.

I have had issues with Ms Burke in the past; I think she has been disingenuous, I think she has been (let's say) over-confident and somewhat audacious, however I believe you need to adapt to whatever opportunities life gives you.

If, for example, she offered nothing else but a contract for the West End and puts that beside a tax bill then she cannot even think about anything but paying that. She cannot think about a US recording contract, a job on the X Factor, supporting Beyonce or any other pie in the sky idea. She has to think about what is on the table and what her options are.

Feet on the ground time I'm afraid. Those are the facts.
jackbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 21:20
Marguerite
Forum Member

Most West End theatres seat a thousand plus, multiply that by eight shows a week and multiply that again by the months/years she would be in the role so she'd be playing to many, many more than she ever would doing a 15/20 date theatre tour.

There's nothing second class about appearing on the West End stage, quite the opposite in fact.
Marguerite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 21:26
Zack06
Forum Member

I was just reporting the facts. She obv still not with RCA America otherwise she would not be aiming for the west end.

That is where all the failed music stars go.

You keep saying that, but then where are they? I don't see any official words from Alexandra or her representatives in any of the "sources" you have cited in your posts. There is just no truth in this at all.

Nobody knows what she is actually working on because she has been relatively silent about the project, but if she's flying to and from the US regularly to record then I doubt her music career is over. A third album is still highly likely, she said herself that she had already started it.

You are just regurgitating rubbish tbh.

Alexandra said this herself:

Music is number one!!!! Don't believe what ya'll are reading!@JefersonMacedo_: @Alexandramusic Intends to continue with music or going?
https://twitter.com/alexandramusic/s...21139725918208

I'm more inclined to believe her than some story you have gleaned from the Daily Mail. Case closed.