The Razzie Awards 2013

Old 24-02-2013, 03:25
Sad_BB_Addict
Forum Member

On now.

Nominations
http://filmdrunk.uproxx.com/2013/01/...e-been-snubbed

BBC Ents News Team ‏@BBCEntsTeam
First 3 awards at The Razzies have all gone to Twilight. Worst director Bill Condon, Worst Supporting Actor Taylor Lautner and worst couple.

Colin Paterson ‏@ColinGPaterson
Worst Supporting Actress at The Razzies - Rihanna (Battleship).
Sad_BB_Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 24-02-2013, 03:31
Sad_BB_Addict
Forum Member

Twilight 5 has 5 Razzies so far. Although Worst Actor has just gone to Adam Sandler for That's My Boy

Twilight has swept The Razzies winning 7: Worst Picture, Kristen Stewart (worst actress), Taylor Lautner (worst supporting actor).
Old 24-02-2013, 04:11
Sad_BB_Addict
Forum Member

Yahoo report
http://news.yahoo.com/razzies-put-bi...031240129.html
Old 24-02-2013, 05:08
Sex
Forum Member

I love all those movies
Sex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2013, 06:40
little-monster
Forum Member

Looks like Rihanna joins the likes of Britney, Madonna and other female singers who have won Razzie's.

Was she really that bad in it? I haven't seen it
little-monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2013, 09:09
Muttley76
Forum Member

I said this at the time the nominations came out, but I'll say it again: I've never seen a twilight film and never will, but the last film was moderately well received critically, so it seems faintly ridiculous that it was even nominated, let alone won a lot of razzie awards.

Feels like more a case of them hating on the overall concept than it being about the film itself. The razzies are supposed to be a bit of fun, but when they pull stuff like this, it makes it feel like they are taking themselves a little too seriously....
Muttley76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2013, 09:36
Gilbertoo
Forum Member

Looks like Rihanna joins the likes of Britney, Madonna and other female singers who have won Razzie's.

Was she really that bad in it? I haven't seen it
Battleship is pretty shit. I've seen it twice on Sky, too!!
Gilbertoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2013, 09:48
NorfolkBoy1
Forum Member

The Razzies stopped being meaningful sometime ago, Kristen Stewart's perfectly good in the last two Twilight films, I've seen far worse leading performances over the last year, I've seen far worse films, but it's easy to kick Twilight isn't it, cause you know, it's the sort of thing only teenage girls are supposed to like.
NorfolkBoy1 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2013, 10:26
theonlyweeman
Forum Member

None of the Twilight films have been hated by critics, and it does just strike me as lazy nominations and even lazier winners this year...
theonlyweeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2013, 10:36
Mystical123
Forum Member

I said this at the time the nominations came out, but I'll say it again: I've never seen a twilight film and never will, but the last film was moderately well received critically, so it seems faintly ridiculous that it was even nominated, let alone won a lot of razzie awards.

Feels like more a case of them hating on the overall concept than it being about the film itself. The razzies are supposed to be a bit of fun, but when they pull stuff like this, it makes it feel like they are taking themselves a little too seriously....
Exactly. I've seen it (it's not terrible, I've seen far worse rubbish!) and I read the books years ago, and Kristen Stewart's performance is actually pretty faithful to the book character (which is badly written anyway), plus she gave one of the better performances in the movie...

I highly doubt anyone associated with Twilight will care that they got a load of Razzies - it's made a huge amount of money at the box office and made its lead actors some of the most bankable people in Hollywood.

I'm presuming none of them attended the awards ceremony anyway, Stewart for one is probably too busy preparing for the Oscars...

The Razzies really are pointless, and not even funny anymore.
Mystical123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2013, 10:39
Hassaan13
Inactive Member

I don't even see why they give awards for the worst things
Hassaan13 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2013, 11:09
Eddie Badger
Forum Member

Adam Sandler and Eddie Murphy should be up for lifetime achievent awards from the Razzies
Eddie Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2013, 11:24
Gilbertoo
Forum Member

Every ying needs a yang. It's the antithesis to the Oscars. A very important thing, too!
Gilbertoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2013, 11:37
Inkblot
Forum Member

They're not really giving awards for the worst things. Mostly they're making fun of films that are popular but unfashionable with people who think they are film buffs.
Inkblot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2013, 12:43
Hound of Love
Forum Member

For some reason, I just cannot see Kristen Stewart turning up to collect an award in person, as good sports Halle Berry and Sandra Bullock, did previously
Hound of Love is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2013, 12:58
bunk_medal
Forum Member

I guess it's also a tradition of the Razzies for people who like the films being mocked to get mildly upset about it.

I was forced to see the last Twilight film (against my will) and I'd agree that it's probably not the worst film of the year, but I don't think it's particularly good either - it's at 48% on Rotten Tomatoes as well, so we're not talking about something that's genuinely critically acclaimed, simply something that wasn't panned by everyone.

In general I think they have to go for a film like that. If they took it too seriously and went for a truly terrible film that nobody had ever heard of then few people would take any notice. It's really "worst Hollywood blockbuster of the year" rather than worst film.
bunk_medal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2013, 13:03
Muttley76
Forum Member

I guess it's also a tradition of the Razzies for people who like the films being mocked to get mildly upset about it.
Except I haven't seen it or any twilight film and have little awareness of the whole concept, therefore I am coming from a totally subjective position, meaning unlike people who are for against the films my opinion is totally unbiased.

I just think it's absurd to have even included a film that has had moderately positive reviews on a worst films of the year list.
Old 24-02-2013, 13:35
bunk_medal
Forum Member

Except I haven't seen it or any twilight film and have little awareness of the whole concept, therefore I am coming from a totally subjective position, meaning unlike people who are for against the films my opinion is totally unbiased.

I just think it's absurd to have even included a film that has had moderately positive reviews on a worst films of the year list.
It wasn't a personal comment, just a general point. This discussion seems to happen every year - except on the few occasions where something is hated almost unanimously (e.g. Showgirls).

Although I completely disagree about the point you're making here. It's entirely subjective, so the fact that most critics gave it mediocre (rather than terrible) reviews doesn't exclude people from hating it on a personal level and deciding it's their worst film of the year. There are plenty of films with positive reviews that I think are terrible on a personal level - and I'm sure you're the same.
Old 24-02-2013, 13:53
dee123
Forum Member

None of the Twilight films have been hated by critics, and it does just strike me as lazy nominations and even lazier winners this year...
Well i wouldn't say they fell in love with them either.
dee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2013, 13:55
Muttley76
Forum Member

the fact that most critics gave it mediocre (rather than terrible) reviews doesn't exclude people from hating it on a personal level and deciding it's their worst film of the year.
It didn't get mediocre reviews though, it actually got moderately positive reviews. It's like a film that has more negative reviews than positive reviews winning best picture at the oscars. It just shouldn't happen.
Old 24-02-2013, 14:00
meglosmurmurs
Forum Member

Razzie's do tend to go for films to get a reaction out of people nowadays.

I gave Twilight a try and found many things to enjoy about it, and I thought the last film was the best one of all.

But oh well, I guess it's always better to be the one enjoying something rather than be the one looking in and trying to run it into the ground.
The hate Twilight gets has probably caused it to be even more popular, so it's probably not even worth the effort.
meglosmurmurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2013, 14:11
bunk_medal
Forum Member

It didn't get mediocre reviews though, it actually got moderately positive reviews. It's like a film that has more negative reviews than positive reviews winning best picture at the oscars. It just shouldn't happen.
I'd say 48% on Rotten Tomatoes is pretty mediocre (average rating 5.2/10).

It's not a scientific process or a statistical calculation, it's about the opinions of the few hundred people who vote for it. Any critic/judge that simply bases their opinion on what everyone else thinks isn't a real critic at all.
Old 24-02-2013, 14:17
OpEd
Inactive Member

...and I'm sure you're the same.
No. That's just your personal, subjective opinion. Because I'm sure Muttley76 is different.
OpEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2013, 14:21
bunk_medal
Forum Member

No. That's just your personal, subjective opinion. Because I'm sure Muttley76 is different.
Eh... yes. It's my personal subjective opinion that Muttley76 is likely to have his/her own personal subjective opinions.

I'm glad we've got that settled.
Old 24-02-2013, 14:29
theonlyweeman
Forum Member

Well i wouldn't say they fell in love with them either.
Yes, but the Razzies should find things that are shit, not things that are popular to shit on. If Twilight was the worst thing to come out last year, it must've been a bloody good year....

The Razzies should be funny (like the year Adam Sandler won worst actor and worst actress for Jack & Jill), cos ultimately it's a parody, and the nominations weren't funny they were lazy.
theonlyweeman is offline   Reply With Quote