Options

Why does my 9300T keep losing the recording schedule?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
Forum Member
This has happened about three times in the last six months. I have a whole set of programes set to record and when I see that one hasn't recorded, I check the recording schedule and it's completely empty.

Any ideas why this is happening and what I can do about it?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    Mine does that all the time.

I just check it daily to check everything is set up for the evening. It happened with my old PVR as well.

i think my PVR has just died:(

Sorry I can't give you a soloution.
  • Options
    Seymour CatSeymour Cat Posts: 1,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This happens if you do a full scan for new channels. I always manually scan just the five local multiplexes to avoid this problem.

If you haven't scanned for new channels then your box must be faulty.
  • Options
    N.DeanN.Dean Posts: 1,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If we ask our 9150T to record several programmes consequetiively, it often misses one. My work-around it to set the machine to "on" rather than to standby.
    On Monday, we went out early in the evening. I forgot to set the machine to "on". It missed one epsode of Coronation Street.
  • Options
    Martin LiddleMartin Liddle Posts: 3,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    N.Dean wrote: »
    If we ask our 9150T to record several programmes consequetiively, it often misses one.
    This is a known and acknowledged bug introduced in the last software update. Question is will Humax fix it; there were some optimistic indications at one point last year but it has gone very quiet since.
  • Options
    Big-lesBig-les Posts: 2,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This happens if you do a full scan for new channels. I always manually scan just the five local multiplexes to avoid this problem.

If you haven't scanned for new channels then your box must be faulty.

Sounds like you don't delete your old channels first, is that right?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    N.Dean wrote: »
    If we ask our 9150T to record several programmes consequetiively, it often misses one. My work-around it to set the machine to "on" rather than to standby.
    On Monday, we went out early in the evening. I forgot to set the machine to "on". It missed one epsode of Coronation Street.

This is a good work-around as the problem only occurs with consecutive recordings done from STANDBY. Another work-around may be to revert back to v23 of the software. I heard whispers that Humax were considering fixing the problem but as Martin says it's gone very quiet. Typical of Humax though to leave things not quite fixed. :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    It has happened with mine ever since I got it. Never leave mine on standby always left on, which I know is not good.

It is just something I have learnt to live with, I couldn't however live without my humax pvr.
  • Options
    N.DeanN.Dean Posts: 1,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Big-les wrote: »
    This is a good work-around as the problem only occurs with consecutive recordings done from STANDBY. Another work-around may be to revert back to v23 of the software. I heard whispers that Humax were considering fixing the problem but as Martin says it's gone very quiet. Typical of Humax though to leave things not quite fixed. :(

It also forgot to record Monday's episode "Mayday" ( BBC1) . Sunday's and other episodes recorded OK.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like you don't delete your old channels first, is that right?

That's correct. It allows you to update your channels without having to re-schedule all your recordings.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's correct. It allows you to update your channels without having to re-schedule all your recordings.

But it will leave old unused channels until they are overwritten by new ones. Also anyone receiving from multiple transmitters will still be receiving from multiple transmitters unless they delete old channels first.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But it will leave old unused channels until they are overwritten by new ones.

Yes, but after I have have scanned for channels I manually delete all the crap. Bye-bye shopping channels, non BBC radio, slapper channels etc.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well, it's happened again. I've been checking the schedule regularly and remember doing so last Tuesday. On wednesday, checked again and it was empty!

This is obviously unacceptable. Any ideas?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If your device is less than 2 years old, it will still be under guarantee.

The only solutions I could suggest would be purely speculative and fairly drastic. They would involve losing your library of recordings with no promise of success.
  • Options
    BrightSparksBrightSparks Posts: 1,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My 9200 has just started doing this over the last 2/3 weeks,
    I will set it to series link and it will record the first one then the following week it miss's the following recording in the series?
    Its been running 1.00.23 with loader version a 4.09 for a couple of years now and no probs,
    I did a new channel scan at xmas and reset the box,
    So its a bit strange how its only just started doing it so for me it could be pointing towards the data being broadcast to trigger the link record??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks seymour cat. Bright sparks - I don't think we are talking about the same thing. In my case the whole recording schedule is getting wiped, rather than one recording just being missed.
  • Options
    Luis EssexLuis Essex Posts: 2,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JohnB47 wrote: »
    This has happened about three times in the last six months. I have a whole set of programes set to record and when I see that one hasn't recorded, I check the recording schedule and it's completely empty.

Any ideas why this is happening and what I can do about it?

Thanks.

This has been reported for the 9150T and the 9300T as a feature.

There have been reports of this happening frequently despite treating the Humax gently.
    For myself my scrubbing of the schedule stopped after I did a default settings. I had deliberately omitted it after a software upgrade to see what would happen.

To treat a 9150T gently and see if that helps there are a few things you can do. They include:

(1) Check that you are on either software 1.00.23 or 1.00.26.
    To check use MENU -> System -> Status

(2) Reset the box to default settings. You will not lose your recordings but you will lose your schedule (again).
    MENU -> Installation (The default password is 000) -> Default Setting

(3) Ensure that you are only tuned to one transmitter
    See one of big-les’s posts for advice on how to do this.
    E.g. http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=57505565&postcount=4

The losing of the schedule appears to happen only over night and so
    (4) Disable the overnight attempt for a software update.
    MENU -> Installation (The default password is 000) -> Software Update
    The "Regular Auto Update" option should show 'Disable' because in Humax speak they use the word 'Disable' instead of 'Disabled'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Luis Essex wrote: »
    This has been reported for the 9150T and the 9300T as a feature.

There have been reports of this happening frequently despite treating the Humax gently.
    For myself my scrubbing of the schedule stopped after I did a default settings. I had deliberately omitted it after a software upgrade to see what would happen.

To treat a 9150T gently and see if that helps there are a few things you can do. They include:

(1) Check that you are on either software 1.00.23 or 1.00.26.
    To check use MENU -> System -> Status

(2) Reset the box to default settings. You will not lose your recordings but you will lose your schedule (again).
    MENU -> Installation (The default password is 000) -> Default Setting

(3) Ensure that you are only tuned to one transmitter
    See one of big-les’s posts for advice on how to do this.
    E.g. http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=57505565&postcount=4

The losing of the schedule appears to happen only over night and so
    (4) Disable the overnight attempt for a software update.
    MENU -> Installation (The default password is 000) -> Software Update
    The "Regular Auto Update" option should show 'Disable' because in Humax speak they use the word 'Disable' instead of 'Disabled'.

Thanks. My problem is with the 9300T. Will your advice work for that model too?
  • Options
    Luis EssexLuis Essex Posts: 2,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apologies. My mistake. I meant a 9150T or a 9300T.
    There is no guarantee that it will work.

For myself after deliberately left out a default setting after a software update I started to lose the schedule occasionally. I left it to see if it would go away by luck but it did not. After a few months I then used the default setting option and never got it again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Luis Essex wrote: »
    Apologies. My mistake. I meant a 9150T or a 9300T.
    There is no guarantee that it will work.

For myself after deliberately left out a default setting after a software update I started to lose the schedule occasionally. I left it to see if it would go away by luck but it did not. After a few months I then used the default setting option and never got it again.

Thanks. Sorry for the delay in replying.
  • Options
    Justin AerialJustin Aerial Posts: 5,710
    Forum Member
    My Humax 9300T has also recently started losing all the programmes in the record schedule. What`s interesting is it seems to have happened relatively recently. Have there been anymore updates on this problem ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What`s interesting is it seems to have happened relatively recently.
    What do you mean by "It seems to have happened relatively recently"?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What do you mean by "It seems to have happened relatively recently"?

My brain seems to be gong as I get older (.........) but I don`t remember having to continuously reset the recording schedule as I seem to have to do now. I`ll be honest generally I`ve only got the BBC News at 6.00 and BBC Look North on the record schedule !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My brain seems to be gong as I get older (.........) but I don`t remember having to continuously reset the recording schedule as I seem to have to do now
    There have been reports about this problem circulating for several years but I don't think anybody has ever identified what triggers it on a particular box. It only seems to affect the 9300/9150 but not the 9200 despite the software being very similar. I don't think anybody has found a permanent solution. Some people have reported that leaving the box active the whole time (rather than putting into standby) is a work around but does have its own problems.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    There have been reports about this problem circulating for several years but I don't think anybody has ever identified what triggers it on a particular box. It only seems to affect the 9300/9150 but not the 9200 despite the software being very similar. I don't think anybody has found a permanent solution. Some people have reported that leaving the box active the whole time (rather than putting into standby) is a work around but does have its own problems.

What are they ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What are they ?
    Higher power consumption, noise (eg if box is in a bedroom), boxes that are left on for long periods of time become unstable (until rebooted),