Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy
 

DS Forums

 
 

The Leona Lewis Appreciation Thread (Part 49)


Closed Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 29-10-2006, 14:36
kyri
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 27,629

I have looked on some of the pages and can't find one.

So here's for all The MacDonald Brothers fans (Are there any out there? !!)

Anyway i think they are brilliant. They aren't the best singer and i know they have no chance of ever winning but watching the judges faces as they go through everyweek is hilarious.

I really feel sorry for them when they get slated every week so they get my vote.

Go on The MacDonald Brothers!!!
kyri is offline  
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 29-10-2006, 14:38
ZipGypsy
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Watching wind farms
Posts: 24,048
kyri - you are a wild woman, you really are!
ZipGypsy is offline  
Old 29-10-2006, 14:40
kyri
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 27,629
Originally Posted by ZipGypsy
kyri - you are a wild woman, you really are!
I am a guy. But don't worry i have a girley name. People often make that mistake



Come join me Zip Gypsy and us two together shall bring the MacDonalds to the X Factor finals
kyri is offline  
Old 29-10-2006, 14:41
ZipGypsy
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Watching wind farms
Posts: 24,048
Originally Posted by kyri
I am a guy. But don't worry i have a girley name. People often make that mistake



Come join me Zip Gypsy and us two together shall bring the MacDonalds to the X Factor finals
Oh!!! PMSL

I shall neva eva surrenda to the nonsense that is the Maccy D's.

No, nay never, I say.
ZipGypsy is offline  
Old 29-10-2006, 14:42
~*~Jess~*~
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,917
I will join you but Eton Road are still my favourites. I really like the McDonalds, I really feel for them too when Simon says their performances are 'insane' when they're nothing of the sort. I'll vote for them!
~*~Jess~*~ is offline  
Old 29-10-2006, 14:43
ZipGypsy
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Watching wind farms
Posts: 24,048
Can we have a poll to see how many of the 'joiners' are Scottish?
ZipGypsy is offline  
Old 29-10-2006, 14:47
kyri
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 27,629
Originally Posted by ZipGypsy
Can we have a poll to see how many of the 'joiners' are Scottish?
Well i'm not Scottish. So there's one non-Scot.

Let's say when you join the fanclub you must state if you are Scottish or not.
kyri is offline  
Old 29-10-2006, 15:26
Nicoleee
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 376
Originally Posted by ~*~Jess~*~
I will join you but Eton Road are still my favourites. I really like the McDonalds, I really feel for them too when Simon says their performances are 'insane' when they're nothing of the sort. I'll vote for them!
Its funny when the Maccy D's get through and Louis does that - face
Nicoleee is offline  
Old 29-10-2006, 15:26
kyri
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 27,629
Originally Posted by Nicoleee
Its funny when the Maccy D's get through and Louis does that - face
I know even their own mentor doesn't have faith in them
kyri is offline  
Old 29-10-2006, 15:28
ZipGypsy
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Watching wind farms
Posts: 24,048
There is one and only one situation in which I would vote for the MacDs - if Simon Cowell makes a plea to Scotland to stop voting for them.
ZipGypsy is offline  
Old 29-10-2006, 16:00
ebeneezergoode
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 7,142
Add me to the fanclub and i'm Scottish by the way l also like Eton road as well and Nikkita.
ebeneezergoode is offline  
Old 29-10-2006, 16:02
kyri
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 27,629
Originally Posted by ebeneezergoode
Add me to the fanclub and i'm Scottish by the way l also like Eton road as well and Nikkita.
Yes- 3 members so far - this club seems popular

ZipGypsy is on the fence. But sooner or later they will come to the light side
kyri is offline  
Old 29-10-2006, 16:19
ebeneezergoode
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 7,142
The more the merrier! let's keep this thread running

What l would love to see is the faves..ie.. Ben & Leona toppled by the underdogs the MacDonalds.
ebeneezergoode is offline  
Old 29-10-2006, 16:21
kyri
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 27,629
Originally Posted by ebeneezergoode
The more the merrier! let's keep this thread running

What l would love to see is the faves..ie.. Ben & Leona toppled by the underdogs the MacDonalds.
It will never happen but we need faith my fellow MaccyD fans
kyri is offline  
Old 29-10-2006, 16:27
ArtyAttack
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: bournemouth
Posts: 49,155
Originally Posted by ZipGypsy
Can we have a poll to see how many of the 'joiners' are Scottish?
Hate to say it Zip but I am liking these boys more each week and one of the reasons is because I know the show is doing its utmost to get rid of them and it isnt working. With Louis picking bad songs and the stylists giving them the worst outfits and then the rules being changed last night to get rid of two acts its a miracle they are still there. Putting them on between the two favourites and once again having them perform first out of Louis two acts were all part of a process that was unfavourable to them.
Seeing both Cowell and Walsh's looks of shock as they avoid the bottom each week is also delighting me and the MacDonalds seem overjoyed when their name is announced. There are a few acts that should leave before them in my opinion and I would love Simon to lose a couple before the MacDonalds go anywhere.
ArtyAttack is offline  
Old 29-10-2006, 16:31
ZipGypsy
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Watching wind farms
Posts: 24,048
Originally Posted by ArtyAttack
Hate to say it Zip but I am liking these boys more each week and one of the reasons is because I know the show is doing its utmost to get rid of them and it isnt working. With Louis picking bad songs and the stylists giving them the worst outfits and then the rules being changed last night to get rid of two acts its a miracle they are still there. Putting them on between the two favourites and once again having them perform first out of Louis two acts were all part of a process that was unfavourable to them.
Seeing both Cowell and Walsh's looks of shock as they avoid the bottom each week is also delighting me and the MacDonalds seem overjoyed when their name is announced. There are a few acts that should leave before them in my opinion and I would love Simon to lose a couple before the MacDonalds go anywhere.
Arty - can't disagree with anything you've said here. Spot on, as usual.
ZipGypsy is offline  
Old 29-10-2006, 16:31
ZipGypsy
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Watching wind farms
Posts: 24,048
Originally Posted by kyri
Yes- 3 members so far - this club seems popular

ZipGypsy is on the fence. But sooner or later they will come to the light side

I never sit on the fence...it gives you a sore a***.
ZipGypsy is offline  
Old 29-10-2006, 16:34
ZipGypsy
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Watching wind farms
Posts: 24,048
Seriously....if I had any advice for the boys (and they seem like nice boys), I would do traditional stuff (which they can't in themed weeks). Some Corries and maybe some Irish stuff would be nice.

Brian Kennedy does a gorgeous version of Wild Mountain Thyme...the boys would perhaps be more credible with something like that. But then, that's not quite the X Factor though, is it?
ZipGypsy is offline  
Old 29-10-2006, 16:34
kyri
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 27,629
Originally Posted by ZipGypsy
I never sit on the fence...it gives you a sore a***.
Hahaha
kyri is offline  
Old 29-10-2006, 17:15
blondekat
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: John and Edward Land!
Posts: 1,985
Can I join, im a non-Scot too!! I really like these lads and I thought they did a fantastic job this week! Why would they be in the final 12 if they werent the greatest singers, and why haven't they gone home?? I'll tell you why because they can sing and when they get it right its fab!!

They had great harmony yesterday, they are no worse than Ray or Ashley, but because Ray has a 'beeming smile' and Ashley is 'outspoken' then they aren't classed as stars and people will forget them......pllllleeeaasseee!!

Come on people lets keep saving the MacDonalds!!!!

Last edited by blondekat : 29-10-2006 at 17:20.
blondekat is offline  
Old 29-10-2006, 17:16
mpnor
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 67
Count me in - though I've never voted for anyone on X factor yet - but last night the MacDonald Bros were great
mpnor is offline  
Old 29-10-2006, 17:23
oilcat
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Aberdeen / Claw Division
Posts: 17,843
Im in...........I thought that they were good last night.......and the icing on the cake was that Simons wee stunt to get them out blew up in his face....well Mrs O's actually
oilcat is offline  
Old 29-10-2006, 17:28
ArtyAttack
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: bournemouth
Posts: 49,155
I am thinking that Louis will have them perform as early as possible again next week in an effort to favour his other act - Eton Road. As the number of acts dwindle the votes now become more important. As soon as they are in the bottom two they are gone.
There are some audio clips of the MacDonald Brothers on this link that people might find entertaining.
http://hireaband.co.uk/index/the-macdonald-brothers

Last edited by ArtyAttack : 29-10-2006 at 17:30.
ArtyAttack is offline  
Old 29-10-2006, 17:34
ClareB
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,348
While I don't think they'll win, I do hope they'll stay for a few more weeks. They've been slated week by week by Simon, yet they still seem to have a really positive attitude - unlike most of the other cry babies in the show.
ClareB is offline  
Old 29-10-2006, 17:37
blondekat
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: John and Edward Land!
Posts: 1,985
If people have supported them this far as they havent even been in the bottom two yet and the COnways and Chico were in almost ever week!! Then there is chance that they could stay this week!! If its between the MacD's and Ashley though I really hope Sharon pics the MacD's but I doubt it!!!
Thats why we need to keep voting peeps!!!
blondekat is offline  
 
Closed Thread



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

 
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:37.