Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Perez Hilton is a Dad

Old 26-02-2013, 15:53
downtonfan
Forum Member

That seems to the attitude towards her these days. A very talented girl can't enjoy her success without some cynical people saying she is unlikeable.

I was quite sad to hear some of the crowds outside the Baftas had booed Anne when she was walking the red carpet.

I say enjoy your success and congrats on the award. Richly deserved.
downtonfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 26-02-2013, 16:17
NotaTypo
Forum Member

That seems to the attitude towards her these days. A very talented girl can't enjoy her success without some cynical people saying she is unlikeable.

I was quite sad to hear some of the crowds outside the Baftas had booed Anne when she was walking the red carpet.

Some of the "fans" at red carpet events are autograph sellers. They're the ones who probably didn't appreciate her late arrival because it meant they couldn't add to their profits.

I love her. She's a funny, intelligent, ridiculously beautiful actor who deserves her success. It was only a matter of time before she won major awards. She's been there or there abouts for a few years.

Now if only the academy would get up of it's arse and give Amy Adams the gong too!
NotaTypo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2013, 16:27
downtonfan
Forum Member

Amy's time is coming. And then we can all 'hate' her.
Old 26-02-2013, 16:40
Phyllis Stein
Forum Member

She comes in for a lot of stick on the US forums too, not sure why really, she seems pretty inoffensive to me.
Phyllis Stein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2013, 16:50
HarrisonMarks
Forum Member

Shakespeare was much edgier before she and the kids came along.
HarrisonMarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2013, 17:13
lexi22
Inactive Member

I'm afraid I don't like Anne as an actress. I've tried but so far it's just not happening for me and her.

But well done to her for her very successful awards' season.
lexi22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2013, 17:14
gav016

She comes in for a lot of stick on the US forums too, not sure why really, she seems pretty inoffensive to me.
I think most people agree she deserved her many awards, just her speeches whilst winning them were all quite painful to watch. I generally like her in films and think she's a brilliantly talented actress, just she can be quite irritating - I enjoyed her Oscar speech more because she finally ditched the pretend shock and faux-modesty.
gav016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2013, 17:18
Blondie X
Forum Member

I'm afraid I don't like Anne as an actress. I've tried but so far it's just not happening for me and her.

But well done to her for her very successful awards' season.
I agree Lexi. I haven't seen Les Mis so she may be great in that but she isn't usually my cup of tea. However, she's someone with a good career and a talent and she is famous rather than infamous and so good on her.
Blondie X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2013, 17:52
mary patricia
Forum Member

Short hair doesn't suit her.
mary patricia is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2013, 18:21
mimicole
Forum Member

I like her.
mimicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2013, 18:25
Julie_Evans
Forum Member

Short hair doesn't suit her.

I really like her hair short, not as short as Les Mis, but she looked lovely at the BAFTAs and Oscars.

She seems a real sweet girl to me.
Julie_Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2013, 18:42
JasonWatkins
Forum Member

I've seen her in many interviews on US Talk shows and also hosting SNL and she's only too keen to poke fun at herself and genuinely doesn't take herself too seriously which, for me, makes her very likeable.

And that's without taking her clothes off in most of the films she does as well
JasonWatkins is online now Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2013, 19:34
BadKid95
Forum Member

I liked her in Les Mis and I wasn't a big fan of the film but my favourite film of hers is Devil Wears Prada
BadKid95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2013, 21:34
mary patricia
Forum Member

I really like her hair short, not as short as Les Mis, but she looked lovely at the BAFTAs and Oscars.

She seems a real sweet girl to me.
That I agree with but l think long hair suits her better.
mary patricia is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2013, 22:08
artlesschaos
Forum Member

She does not appeal to me as an actress...and nothing I have seen changes that. Don't hate her. Just don't really want to watch her.
artlesschaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2013, 22:11
downtonfan
Forum Member

She had to cut her her for Les Mis
Old 27-02-2013, 01:33
Julie_Evans
Forum Member

She had to cut her her for Les Mis

Yes, I know that
Julie_Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2013, 02:42
Fio Montoya
Forum Member

The whole world knows that. But aside from her showing off her lady garden to the world, gushing uncontrollably when giving speeches, talking about using one of her awards to hit herself over the head to to dispel self doubt, throwing a hissy fit and ditching her dress 3 hours before the Oscars because someone elses (alledgedly Amanda Seyfreid) was too similar and not telling the Valentino press office, rehearsing her Oscar speech over and over to make her more likeable, why don't I like her? Gee, I just don't know.
Fio Montoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2013, 02:53
AdelaideGirl
Forum Member

It's an odd thing to say about an actress but she needs a bit more confidence. She just comes across in interviews as a bit needy a bit unsure that people like her. That will probably pass in a few years and she will be a lot more likeable. I certainly want to like her.
AdelaideGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2013, 03:29
Moireen
Forum Member

She's needy but I don't think she deserves this kind of disdain. It's close to bullying.
Moireen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2013, 03:47
smc81
Forum Member

She's needy but I don't think she deserves this kind of disdain. It's close to bullying.
People throw in the word bullying too easily nowadays.

She tries far to hard to be likeable which makes people suspicious that they are being lied to. She needs to just relax and be herself and accept the fact that some people will like her and others won't but you can't control that.
smc81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2013, 04:40
dee123
Forum Member

It's not that exactly. I did like her in the past. But ever since award season started last year she has constantly been "On" If she just relaxed and be like she was before, i wouldn't think she was so fake, because she wasn't like that in the past.

Does that make sense???
dee123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2013, 05:11
Big Boy Barry
Forum Member

No one is knocking her down

Some idiots booed. Big deal. They mean nothing.
Big Boy Barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2013, 07:58
katkim
Forum Member

I like Anne Hathaway, but she was annoying during the award seasons. She just came across as so frantic and desperate, even though she was a shoo in to win every gong going. I just wanted to sit her down and tell her to relax and enjoy it. Hopefully she goes back to being quirky and adorable now that it's all over rather than awardzilla.
katkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2013, 09:05
shelleyj89
Forum Member

I don't understand why some have a dislike for her. If they don't rate her as an actress, fair enough, but as a person she seems pretty unoffensive to me. I see nobody had any problem with Daniel Day-Lewis rabbiting on during his speach on Sunday, but when Anne does there's a problem?

People can say she was always going to win, but as both Hugh Jackman and Russell Crowe have said, when you win one, and the next one, and the next one, there's that pressure to keep on winning. I imagine she was quite nervous all along during the award season, especially as being in Les Mis was a childhood dream of hers after seeing her mum in it when she was younger.
shelleyj89 is online now   Reply With Quote