Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Doctor Who Character Mugs

Old 02-03-2013, 11:13
MeddlingMonkey
Forum Member

Is anyone else tempted to buy the entire collection? I bought all the prints and the t shirts, but I am not sure about these mugs.

I ordered an 8th Doctor for home and another for work. But not sure about the entire collection. I think they missed a trick, if they had been a direct debit kind of thing for 8.99 a month with a mug each month, in order, then I would have jumped. But not all at one go. Might buy one a month of just my favourite doctors down to least.

Had to buy 2 bloody Silver Tardis mugs and a teapot too, just so the collection matches what I have in the blue. Bloody OCD.

http://forbiddenplanet.com/?q=doctor+who+mug
MeddlingMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:28
GDK
Forum Member

Not sure about the character "toby jug" style mugs. They're not my "cup of tea", but I like the one with the TARDIS "Pull to Open" plaque and the silver TARDIS with lid. Thanks for the link.
GDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 13:25
nebogipfel
Forum Member

I went to a talk the other day by an archaeologist who had just researched a Saxon burial site (bear with me). He had several photos of skulls showing that trepanning was a common medical procedure in those days (6th and
7th century). That's what those mugs remind me of. Not sure I could sip from a trepanned Doctor head.
nebogipfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 14:33
andy1231
Forum Member

There is so much stuff being churned out for the 50th I'm being choosy about what I buy.
andy1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 20:39
Theophile
Forum Member

Is anyone else tempted to buy the entire collection? I bought all the prints and the t shirts, but I am not sure about these mugs.

I ordered an 8th Doctor for home and another for work. But not sure about the entire collection. I think they missed a trick, if they had been a direct debit kind of thing for 8.99 a month with a mug each month, in order, then I would have jumped. But not all at one go. Might buy one a month of just my favourite doctors down to least.

Had to buy 2 bloody Silver Tardis mugs and a teapot too, just so the collection matches what I have in the blue. Bloody OCD.

http://forbiddenplanet.com/?q=doctor+who+mug
Argh! Why did you show me this site? My wife will hate me now. (Hmmmm... what can I buy if I take out a second mortgage on the house?)
Theophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:35
pajs1000
Forum Member

Very nice! Thanks for posting!
pajs1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:59
Dizx
Forum Member

The mugs are fun, I like this Tardis one more though... http://forbiddenplanet.com/59562-doc...-mug-with-lid/

There is so much stuff being churned out for the 50th I'm being choosy about what I buy.
I know, there's just so much and we're only in March, there could be a replica Tardis avaliable by November
Dizx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 18:30
CAMERA OBSCURA
Forum Member

Judging by the tenth Doctor's Toby Jug, Sue Perkins has already played the part without us knowing.

Those Toby Jug are horrendous.
CAMERA OBSCURA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 21:33
AdelaideGirl
Forum Member

I've got a blue TARDIS mug but I find it too hard to drink out of. But the more traditional mugs look good.
AdelaideGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 21:37
silentNate
Forum Member

I've got a blue TARDIS mug but I find it too hard to drink out of. But the more traditional mugs look good.
I was wondering how I would dip a chocolate biscuit in that!
silentNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 17:54
CELT1987
Forum Member

Judging by the tenth Doctor's Toby Jug, Sue Perkins has already played the part without us knowing.

Those Toby Jug are horrendous.
looks more like a constipated Baldrick to me!
CELT1987 is offline   Reply With Quote