Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

XF: UK vs US vs OZ Series 2 | Live Show 1

Old 03-03-2013, 18:59
jackamakka
Forum Member

Welcome ladies and gentlemen to a brand new series of The X Factor: VS Series! This series is UK vs US vs OZ 2011, featuring acts from the British, American and Australian versions of the show broadcast back in 2011. Please welcome our fifteen brave acts battling it out for the public vote tonight:

Kuda_Kunaka and the Boys
Reece Mastin
Craig Colton
Marcus Canty

Soppyfan and the Girls
Christina Parie
Janet Devlin
Drew

Noonan15 and the Over 25s
Mitchell Callaway
Sami Brookes
Stacy Francis

Pingu58011 and the Groups
Audio Vixen
The Risk
Lakoda Rayne

Yohinnchild and the Wildcards
Declan Skyes
Kitty Brucknell
Rachel Crow

In order to speed up tonightís proceedings, I will post three performances at once and the judges will give their comments for all three and I may be quite intermittent due to a family function. Unfortunately Kuda will not be with us tonight, but I will be posting his comments and he has already voted in the rankings tonight so the Boys arenít at a disadvantage.

Tonightís theme is ďInspirationĒ. Any songs which have an inspirational meaning or inspire through their lyrics. So judges, is everybody ready for the first Live Show of UK vs US vs OZ Series 2?!
jackamakka is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 03-03-2013, 19:00
pingu58011
Forum Member

I`m ready and so are the groups!!
pingu58011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 19:00
Soppyfan
Forum Member

I am here and my three girls, Janet, Drew and Christina are dressed up and ready to perform.
Soppyfan is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 19:02
noonan15
Forum Member

I am as game as a badger! And so are my Overs!
noonan15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 19:04
pingu58011
Forum Member

Are we sticking to the order we comment?
Old 03-03-2013, 19:05
jackamakka
Forum Member

Up now will be the first three acts for tonightís show.

A girl who stole the shows with her diva like ways and ended up going for a drink with Lady Gaga. No wonder Davidís nicknamed his Wildcards ďTeam QuirkyĒ. First up with her Inspiration performance, itís Kitty Brucknell!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ5NK49QBZQ

---

The second act taking to the stage tonight is the winner of the third season of the Australian X Factor. Mentored by Guy Sebastian and hoping to win again under the watchful eyes of Kuda, itís Reece Mastin!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4xK0MlyMik

---

Concluding our first set of performances is a lady with a big voice and an even bigger heart. Sheís never going to give up! Nicole Scherzinger only took her so far in the US X Factor, but can our newest mentor Tom take her even further? Itís Stacy Francis!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0et-zyoKLw

Judges, please post your comments for Kitty, Reece and Stacy. Next three will be up shortly!
Old 03-03-2013, 19:10
noonan15
Forum Member

Kitty! Kitty Kitty Kitty! An unusual one for you tonight, not what I was expecting at all but I thoroughly enjoyed myself. It was fun, quirky, you are a natural born performer. I hope you keep on going up because you deserve it!
noonan15
Forum Member

Reece, this is a hard one, because I donít know whether I loved it, or hated it. I am on the fence, would have loved to see you perform a nice rock song tonight, but you know, first live show and all! Erm.. good job tonight, still on the fence haha!
pingu58011
Forum Member

Kitty Brucknell

Kitty what a way to open the series. It is probably something I wouldn`t expect from you but it suited you really well. It was fun and as always your vocals were amazing and your mentor really knows what their doing with you. You could be an underdog through the competition I think!!

Reece Mastin

Reece that was just beautiful. Your voice is just enhancing and when you sing all you can focus on is the voice. That song was just perfect for you and the vocals were effortless. You`ve made a lot of ladies out there want to be by your side!!!

Stacy Francis

Stacy I`m sorry but that was quite a predictable song for you. It was nice but I wanted to see fantastic and in some parts of the song I just felt you were shouting. I really think you could be a contender but after that performance the public may not vote for you as they`ll just see you as a singer that just screams and warbles when I know you are not. Good luck later tonight!!
yohinnchild
Forum Member

I'm here... presumably i'm commenting last as per Jack's PM over running orders etc
yohinnchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 19:11
Soppyfan
Forum Member

Kitty Brucknell

Kitty, welcome to the show and well done for opening tonight. Personally, I wasn't a fan of this song choice, even though it had some element of your style which we see sometimes. But at the same time, it was well sung and for some reason, I can see you going very far as you have a lot of support. Good luck with this competition.

Reece Mastin

Reece, that was a good song choice form you and your mentor who isn't here tonight. I normally don't like songs from Selena Gomez herself, but this cover was really well sung and I actually enjoyed that version a lot. Well done to you, Reece.

Stacey Francis

Stacey, I am a big fan of ballad songs and with you, your voice is able to slay that style for all time. I commend your mentor for keeping you current whilst giving you a chance to shine. It was predictable, but I liked that simple performance from you.
Old 03-03-2013, 19:12
yohinnchild
Forum Member

Kitty Brucknell
What a way to kick off the first live show of the second series! Uniquely brilliant about sums it up for me. I picked you for the lives as there is so much potential with you as a performer and you have such an amazing job. The song choice enabled you to get across your creative side and to have some fun up there. The theme is inspiration and the last thing we want to sit through on the first live show is slow ballad after slow ballad. This was different and you totally rocked it! The vocals were outstanding and I hope that people get you and what you're all about. You are a different artist and you bring a lot of fun to this competition so I hope people vote for you tonight as there is so much more to come from you!

Reece Mastin
Wasn't expecting that from you tonight, I have you down as much more of an artist with a rockier edge. Saying that though it is good to show different sides to you and that you are able to sing different types of songs. I think you're a very interesting act and one that should have something to sing that a little grittier and rockier as most of the performance came across as a bit Bieber for me and that's not really how I see you. The vocal was ok from you but I think the song lacked an impact tonight and I'm afraid you might get a little bit lost in the mix tonight... I hope not though as I'm excited by what you can bring to the competition and future shows.

Stacy Francis
Stacey that was a good first performance from you and a song that managed to show off the tone of your voice. Whilst I know this is only the first week, I feel do think the song choice sounded a little dated and in some ways quite old fashioned. This is only the first week so there is always room for you to grow as the competition progresses however I guess it's something to watch out for in future shows. The song grew as it went along, I found it a little dull to start off with, but you got into it more towards the end. An OK first performance from you; well done.
Old 03-03-2013, 19:12
noonan15
Forum Member

*Standing ovation*

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN BRING THE HOUSE DOWN FOR MISS STACEY FREEKIN FRANCIS!!!! That note, at the end there, was sensational, I am so happy to be your mentor; you are like a little thing with a huge voice! Iím so proud of you tonight! Do not listen to mr nark over there (Pingu) he is just jealous he doesn't have you in his category!
Old 03-03-2013, 19:13
yohinnchild
Forum Member

Standing Ovations already

You'll be doing crowd invasion come the final
Old 03-03-2013, 19:14
noonan15
Forum Member

LOL, crowd surfing come semi-finals
Old 03-03-2013, 19:14
Soppyfan
Forum Member

Which is my party trick.
Old 03-03-2013, 19:15
pingu58011
Forum Member

*Standing ovation*

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN BRING THE HOUSE DOWN FOR MISS STACEY FREEKIN FRANCIS!!!! That note, at the end there, was sensational, I am so happy to be your mentor; you are like a little thing with a huge voice! Iím so proud of you tonight! Do not listen to mr nark over there (Pingu) he is just jealous he doesn't have you in his category!
I`m entitled to my opinion. Already a bit of tension in the air!!
Old 03-03-2013, 19:17
noonan15
Forum Member

I`m entitled to my opinion. Already a bit of tension in the air!!
I can see that, I can be a fiesty one with a big mouth if you get on the wrong side of me.. lol
Old 03-03-2013, 19:18
pingu58011
Forum Member

I can see that, I can be a fiesty one with a big mouth if you get on the wrong side of me.. lol
haha I`m always the one that gets into arguments on here!!
Old 03-03-2013, 19:19
noonan15
Forum Member

haha I`m always the one that gets into arguments on here!!
You may have found your match, scouser I am, born and raised! Don't want me as your enemy lol
Old 03-03-2013, 19:19
jackamakka
Forum Member

Sorry folks. Part 2 is on the way
Old 03-03-2013, 19:20
pingu58011
Forum Member

You may have found your match, scouser I am, born and raised! Don't want me as your enemy lol
haha I`m from Manchester, and ohhhhhh I`m scared!!
Old 03-03-2013, 19:21
pingu58011
Forum Member

Sorry folks. Part 2 is on the way
It`s ok. Shall we stick to the comments rota or just scrap that idea?
Old 03-03-2013, 19:22
jackamakka
Forum Member

Seems like the new judging panel are offering a mix of critique tonight. Itís definitely going to be an interesting series! Here are our next set of performers!

Itís the first of the Groups tonight, previously mentored by Tulisa on the UK show and changed members around on a regular basis. None of that tonight though as they plan to light up the sky, itís The Risk!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_CkoJOXhcA
Spoiler

---

Up next is the Australian beauty from 2011, with a great voice to boot. Itís the first of Steveís Girls tonight and she wants to receive your votes Ė itís Christina Parie!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN7283-LhSg

---

Now weíre going back to the Wildcards (or Team Quirky to keep David happy) and we take the Australian of the pack. Hoping to raise the bar higher tonight, itís Declan Skyes!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPsXxasjSpY

Judges, please post your comments for The Risk, Christina and Declan. The next set of acts will be coming shortly.
Old 03-03-2013, 19:23
jackamakka
Forum Member

It`s ok. Shall we stick to the comments rota or just scrap that idea?
Aye, just scrap it...

Oh sorry.. went all Scottish on you there