Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

"The Doctor's greatest secret will at last be revealed"

Old 04-03-2013, 11:40
MarkBluemel
Forum Member

It's not only hearts that he has two of....
MarkBluemel is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:47
The Gatherer
Forum Member

If it's like any of the other "big" Moffat reveals of the last few years, then one big yawn. Hope I'm proved wrong though.
The Gatherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:04
nebogipfel
Forum Member

Surely most people have two kidneys? Maybe it's livers.
nebogipfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:43
mikey1980
Forum Member

If it's like any of the other "big" Moffat reveals of the last few years, then one big yawn. Hope I'm proved wrong though.
"He will fall further than he's ever fallen before" and all that stuff. Total hyperbole.
mikey1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:51
Granny McSmith
Forum Member

I have no idea what you could possibly mean.....

(Sense of humour failure on the part of some posters? Or is it just me who thought the OP was being funny?)
Granny McSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 13:19
Mulett
Forum Member

It will have to be something fundamental for it to have any impact at all, and - I think - something going back to Classic Who, possibly the first ever episode.

It donít think it would have as much impact if it was something related only to the post-2005 episodes.

For instance, what if we find out the Doctor isnít a Time Lord at all? Or what if the Time Lords let him steal the TARDIS for some devious purpose he was unaware of.
Mulett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 13:38
The_abbott
Forum Member

We find out just why Colin Baker's Doctor chose that awful red coat?
The_abbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 14:16
Lulz77
Forum Member

It will have to be something fundamental for it to have any impact at all, and - I think - something going back to Classic Who, possibly the first ever episode.

It donít think it would have as much impact if it was something related only to the post-2005 episodes.

For instance, what if we find out the Doctor isnít a Time Lord at all? Or what if the Time Lords let him steal the TARDIS for some devious purpose he was unaware of.
It's his name, isn't it? I thought that had been made very clear. He's been building up to it since Silence in the Library.

Obviously we won't actually find out his name but I think that's what it is.
Lulz77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 14:32
johnnysaucepn
Forum Member

It's his name, isn't it? I thought that had been made very clear. He's been building up to it since Silence in the Library.

Obviously we won't actually find out his name but I think that's what it is.
It's been implied - as in, it's the only thing that's been clearly laid out as a mysterious secret - but never directly referenced. We're clearly supposed to think that his name is important, but it could end up a red herring and as Mulett says, the real secret could be something deeper.
johnnysaucepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 15:07
ignop20
Forum Member

"Doctor's greatest secret" at this moment in time is surely that he's meant to be dead. That cover gets blown in the last episode of Series 7, cue 50th Anniversary episode(s) and Fields of TrentReznor.
ignop20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 15:19
spiney2
Forum Member

.... yawn ........ z z z z z.

i no longer watch dr who. repeated star trek enterprise on pick tv is better written and more entertaining.
spiney2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 15:51
Glyn W
Forum Member

i no longer watch dr who. repeated star trek enterprise on pick tv is better written and more entertaining.
Fine. Go. Enjoy.
Glyn W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 16:01
codename_47
Forum Member

That's the first time I've seen the words "Enterprise" and "Better written" in a sentence!
codename_47 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 16:02
saladfingers81
Forum Member

Off you go then. Did you find yourself on a Doctor Who forum by accident?
saladfingers81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 16:29
Whovian1109
Forum Member

It's already been revealed in the TV Movie...

Spoiler
Whovian1109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 16:34
SillyBillyGoat
Forum Member

And you're here because...?

I don't believe for a second that somebody who genuinely feels that way would enter the thread actually. Hope you enjoy the 50th, we know you'll be watching.
SillyBillyGoat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 16:34
Chris_Walton
Forum Member

"Doctor's greatest secret" at this moment in time is surely that he's meant to be dead. That cover gets blown in the last episode of Series 7, cue 50th Anniversary episode(s) and Fields of TrentReznor.
you're probably right - the whole TrentReznor question() is best left to the 50th (which could be very well answered by the return of past Doctors)
Chris_Walton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 16:50
Mulett
Forum Member

It's been implied - as in, it's the only thing that's been clearly laid out as a mysterious secret - but never directly referenced. We're clearly supposed to think that his name is important, but it could end up a red herring and as Mulett says, the real secret could be something deeper.
Yes, I agree. It might well be that the secret about the Doctor's name is indicative of the big revelation, as opposed to it actually being the big revelation.

I also think a big part of Moffatt's Who has involved restoring some of the show's original themes. The whole 'everyone thinks he's dead' story is about making the Doctor a mysterious traveller again, rather than a famous fighter of evil.

So I think the anniversary show will answer a few questions but - more likely - restore a lot of mystery to the character so everyone ends up asking 'Doctor Who?' again.
Mulett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 17:05
Collins1965
Forum Member

I'm sure hes just teasing, as per. I would hope that that particular question is never answered.
Collins1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 17:48
Residents Fan
Forum Member

"Greatest Secret WIll be revealed? " Is the Doctor
leaving everything to Amnesty Internation?
Residents Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 18:25
DariaM
Forum Member

At least Season 4 of Enterprise did integrate some of the elements from the original series (including the Mirror Universe Story) - aside from the frankly pathetic final episode - and made some attempt to compensate for Season 1-3. This was due to Rick Berman being sidelined, with Manny Coto given Executive Authority for the series. Enterprise also featured Scott Bakula, always enjoyable since Quantum Leap, and Connor Trineer who subsequently featured within Stargate Atlantis, and within a later episode, Peter Weller.

Another series worth catching is Odyssey 5, also Produced/Created/Written by Many Coto, and starring Peter Weller.

I am not convinced that a false war between Star Wars, Star Trek and Dr Who is worthy of attention.... a recent graphic novel featured a crossover between Star Trek TNG and Dr Wh, linking the Borg and Cybermen within the series.

Of course, the post 2005 Dr Who series bears no relation to the original series. However, within the Sylvester McCoy reign, some attempt was made to create a more complex mythology for the character, the assertion being that Dr Who was Merlin.
DariaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 18:58
Ethel_Fred
Forum Member

We'll find out if the Doctor sits when he goes to the loo
Ethel_Fred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 20:55
TEDR
Forum Member

How he manages to eat peas with only a knife?
TEDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 21:08
sandydune
Forum Member

The Doctor wears two pairs of socks at the same time?
sandydune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 21:40
TEDR
Forum Member

The Doctor wears two pairs of socks at the same time?
Probably only when he's breaking in hiking boots.
TEDR is offline   Reply With Quote