Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Storm in X-men days of future past.

Old 05-03-2013, 02:38
childoflight
Forum Member

Marvel confirms that Storm will be in the upcoming X-men Days of future past film.

http://marvel.com/news/story/20232/h...of_future_past

Storm is my favourite marvel character of all time although i am not thrilled at Halle berry's portrayal of Storm, I am thrilled that we will get to see the character one more time on the big screen and I can not wait for the film to release now.
childoflight is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:14
whedon247
Forum Member

love all the x-men films so the 2 worlds mixing is gonna be amazing
whedon247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:40
Bluray
Inactive Member

People keep saying the film is gonna be too crowded....I'm more concerned about the poster
Bluray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 16:55
CBFreak
Forum Member

Halle Berry cannot do superheroes full stop. And Storm was a strong tall amazonian type woman everything Halle Berry is not.
Viola Davis would make a better Storm.
CBFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 18:37
Karis
Forum Member

It's just looking worse with every possible second. As soon as Singer got on board things went boobs up!

The first movie had a charm of its own. I cannot see why we need another sullied X Men series that has already been utterly ruined!
Karis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 19:31
SilverCrown
Forum Member

I thought she was a pretty good Storm in the first X-Men movie. After that, she started to decline as a character. She needs more of an edge, like the comics.
SilverCrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 19:37
mr muggles
Forum Member

It's just looking worse with every possible second. As soon as Singer got on board things went boobs up!

The first movie had a charm of its own. I cannot see why we need another sullied X Men series that has already been utterly ruined!
But his first 2 movies were the best!?
mr muggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 19:43
mr muggles
Forum Member

Always thought Angela Bassett would've carried her off better, or Pam Grier.

Halles a gr8 actress, but is too pixie like. But, Halle is who we have, so I hope she gets better fight sequences!
mr muggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 22:05
NinjyBear
Forum Member

Was dreading this news
NinjyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 00:29
barracuda91
Forum Member

At the moment I can't say I'm loving the idea of so many of the characters from the other franchise in this one. Perhaps it will end up being great, which I hope it does, but it sounds more like a fourth film in the other X-Men series as opposed to the second in the First Class series. Perhaps they will do a good mix of it feeling like both but I want the focus to be on the First Class characters.
barracuda91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:49
Karis
Forum Member

At the moment I can't say I'm loving the idea of so many of the characters from the other franchise in this one. Perhaps it will end up being great, which I hope it does, but it sounds more like a fourth film in the other X-Men series as opposed to the second in the First Class series. Perhaps they will do a good mix of it feeling like both but I want the focus to be on the First Class characters.
This entirely. It's just another sequel. Let's have the crummy cast of the first few movies recast.

I don't even want to see Gandalf or Picard again...
Old 06-03-2013, 10:11
whedon247
Forum Member

the first 2 films are amazing,both made by singer!

and sullied x-men series????

x-1,x-2,first class-all brilliant films

x3,wolverine-good if not great

has not been a bad one yet and with singer back i expect first class 2 to be quite epic
Old 06-03-2013, 12:13
Amanda_Raymond
Forum Member

I think it's going to be awesome, I just hope Ellen Page and Anna Paquin's parts are big, not sure how big Halle Berry's role is, little fact, the film will have three Oscar winning actresses in it
Amanda_Raymond is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:58
whedon247
Forum Member

I think it's going to be awesome, I just hope Ellen Page and Anna Paquin's parts are big, not sure how big Halle Berry's role is, little fact, the film will have three Oscar winning actresses in it
berry & lawrence i know

did page or paquilin win it?
Old 06-03-2013, 13:49
Super Bandit
Forum Member

berry & lawrence i know

did page or paquilin win it?
Paqulin won one I think when she was like 10 years old
Super Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 18:29
CBFreak
Forum Member

That's part of why I liked First Class so much. The fact it didn't have some of the actors from the other X-men films and focused on new characters.

I hated the casting of Halle Berry and Shawn Ashmore and found the portrayal of Rogue played by Anna Paquin to be annoying. So having all three invade the First Class sequel is a massive turn off for me.
CBFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 18:53
Karis
Forum Member

I hated the casting of Halle Berry and Shawn Ashmore and found the portrayal of Rogue played by Anna Paquin to be annoying. So having all three invade the First Class sequel is a massive turn off for me.
Again. This expresses my feelings. It all felt muchly miscast in the X-Men trilogy.
Old 07-03-2013, 16:45
redtux
Forum Member

Marvel confirms that Storm will be in the upcoming X-men Days of future past film.

http://marvel.com/news/story/20232/h...of_future_past

Storm is my favourite marvel character of all time although i am not thrilled at Halle berry's portrayal of Storm, I am thrilled that we will get to see the character one more time on the big screen and I can not wait for the film to release now.
Ditto - in the comics Storm is described as a Goddess. For all that Halle Berry is attractive, you would never describe her as such

Semi OT I also found the characterisation of Cyclops appalling
redtux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 23:35
caz06
Forum Member

i think that the old generation x-men will have small limited cameos, the fact is they've had their time on the big screen for 3 films, and wolverine for even more, the x-men first class as the stars now, and thats where it will stay for now, the story features the future and the past but the main characters will remain the current first class
caz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 11:42
Amanda_Raymond
Forum Member

Paqulin won one I think when she was like 10 years old
Yeah Paquin won for The Piano- best supp actress
Amanda_Raymond is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote