Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Has Frankie Boyle gone TOO far now?

Old 21-03-2013, 13:42
Rose Petals
Forum Member

OK, he doesn't like the Royals, but that kind of stuff really isn't necessary. I can see he's going to be totally banned from TV now and just reduced to touring.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...t-8524030.html
He's gone too far for some time now. As much as I'm no fan of Katie Price, joking about her son, Harvey, is NOT funny in my book. If he's reduced to touring, then he'll lose money and it's his own fault. There is such a thing as going too far and he is either too arrogant and thinks he can get away with anything or he doesn't think he's gone too far. Either way, I don't find him at all funny and if he stays off the TV, that's fine with me.
Rose Petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 22-03-2013, 08:19
The Terminator
Inactive Member

He's gone too far for some time now. As much as I'm no fan of Katie Price, joking about her son, Harvey, is NOT funny in my book. If he's reduced to touring, then he'll lose money and it's his own fault. There is such a thing as going too far and he is either too arrogant and thinks he can get away with anything or he doesn't think he's gone too far. Either way, I don't find him at all funny and if he stays off the TV, that's fine with me.
Most comedians make the lion's share of their money from touring, I'd be very surprised if Frankie hasn't gotten way more rich from that than anything he's ever done on TV.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2013, 08:32
IvanIV
Forum Member

I was watching old Mock the Week episodes and he was always very funny there. But it's a comedy, you know something is working or not only after you try. And I find it actually quite admirable that he keeps doing his thing and does not let himself to be bullied into something others want him to be.
IvanIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2013, 09:21
Saltydog1955
Inactive Member

Most comedians make the lion's share of their money from touring, I'd be very surprised if Frankie hasn't gotten way more rich from that than anything he's ever done on TV.
As long as he keeps to theatres and never appears on TV again, that's fine by me. And the joke about Bromley was one of the unfunniest things I've ever heard.

Someone should tell him you can't build an abstract concept out of bricks or anything else, so his understanding of semantics is shot to s**t too.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/londo...s-8543482.html
Saltydog1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2013, 21:08
ecckles
Forum Member

Roy Chubby Brown could never get on TV and is regarded as a cult. Perhaps Frankie is hoping to do the same, I'm sure he could live off his DVD sales. Burn one bridge and another gets built.
Chubby Brown may be a cult ,But Boyle is a `C***`
ecckles is offline   Reply With Quote