Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Cost effective storage solution?

Old 08-03-2013, 11:17
CSI-uk
Forum Member

I need to move a lot of games from my Xbox 250 Gig HDD, the only way seems to be, buying a load of 32gig sticks, which would be quite expensive.

Is it possible to partition an external HDD so that the Xbox sees that 1 drive as several USB devices? A long shot, but I'm desperate.

Any ideas on how to get cheap mass storage on the 360?
CSI-uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 08-03-2013, 21:26
alternate
Forum Member

no to the partitions - and I believe 16 gb is the max size on memory sticks for 360.
I would just delete anything you don't play on a regular basis and redownload as needed.
alternate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 22:28
2Dshmuplover
Forum Member

no to the partitions - and I believe 16 gb is the max size on memory sticks for 360.
I would just delete anything you don't play on a regular basis and redownload as needed.
No, 32gb is the max storage it was increased a while back. The partitioning won't work as mentioned as it would simply read it as a 32gb HDD LOL

The other option is to get yourself a piece of software like Horizon [link] and transfer your games from the 32gb USB to your PC HDD.

When you say "move" your games I presume it's to another Xbox? So why not just use the transfer kit?
2Dshmuplover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 18:58
CSI-uk
Forum Member

I want to make space on my HDD so I can put new games (downloaded games) on my 360.

I've off loaded 32GB onto an external drive now, so that's freed up some space.

Actually thinking now that it might be simpler to just uninstall games that I have on disc, games I don't play very often, free up the space.
CSI-uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 02:27
seanf
Forum Member

Yes you can use a hard drive. I have a 320 gig with a 16 gig formated to fat 32 then set up on the xbox the same as a memory stick.
seanf is online now   Reply With Quote