Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Looks like Denise Welsh has left the toyboy

Old 20-06-2013, 11:52
gregsanison
Inactive Member

I see he is defending Rolf Harris! I wonder what he did that was such a 'mystery incident' that he was not invited back to do that birdy watch programme.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...secretary.html
gregsanison is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 20-06-2013, 12:11
elnombre
Forum Member

Few associates of rapists ever do suspect that the charge could be true. The rest - those that suspect and do nothing for the sake of a quiet life, of which there are many - are complicit, yet rarely if ever face charge. I'm sure Stuart Hall's friends and business partners (not counting the rapist he co-owned a magazine company with or the other co-owner, alleged rapist William Roache) by and large didn't think he was capable either. Still they'll have plenty of time to talk it over with him when he's out next year.

As for Rolf's alleged crimes, well we'll wait and see, but all Bill's stupid comments do is denigrate his accusers (which I suppose, was probably the intention) and make Bill seem like an idiot (which I suppose, wasn't). Unless Bill stuck like glue to Rolf for his entire life, he doesn't know what went on and should keep his trap shut.
elnombre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2013, 12:46
Cloudbusting
Forum Member

Considering Rolf Harris has not yet been convinced of any crime, what's wrong with anyone defending him? That is, as long as you don't do what Bill appears to have done and resort to blaming potential victims. It's more than possible to defend someone without going that horrible route.
Cloudbusting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2013, 12:49
Sloopy
Forum Member

Well, Bill's had his own problems in recent times, what with his health. He'd do better to keep a dignified silence over this, at least until the investigation has been played out.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2013, 12:51
elnombre
Forum Member

Considering Rolf Harris has not yet been convinced of any crime, what's wrong with anyone defending him? That is, as long as you don't do what Bill appears to have done and resort to blaming potential victims. It's more than possible to defend someone without going that horrible route.
If someone is going to claim to be in a position to defend someone, it might help for starters if they actually knew what they were defending them against. Here's a hint for Oddie: it's not for cuddling his secretary.
Old 20-06-2013, 12:59
Phoenix Lazarus
Forum Member

Considering Rolf Harris has not yet been convinced of any crime, what's wrong with anyone defending him?
Given Rolf Harris has not yet been accused let alone charged of any specific offence, why is someone defending him? It looks a bit pre-emptive, which raises suspicions of what there is to be pre-emptive about...
Phoenix Lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2013, 13:26
nanscombe
Forum Member

I'm sure there'll be plenty of speculation, and accusations, from the serial muck-rakers anyway.
nanscombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2013, 13:55
elnombre
Forum Member

I'm sure there'll be plenty of speculation, and accusations, from the serial muck-rakers anyway.
Almost as surely as there'll be apologists for the muck-causers.
Old 20-06-2013, 16:45
denial_orstupid
Forum Member

I see he is defending Rolf Harris! I wonder what he did that was such a 'mystery incident' that he was not invited back to do that birdy watch programme.

i really hope Rolf is innocent .
denial_orstupid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2013, 17:22
DonnaVanessa
Forum Member

Yes - so do I
DonnaVanessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2013, 17:35
Mark39London
Forum Member

He is, until proven guilty, but I take your point and kind of agree.
Mark39London is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2013, 20:16
Cloudbusting
Forum Member

Given Rolf Harris has not yet been accused let alone charged of any specific offence, why is someone defending him? It looks a bit pre-emptive, which raises suspicions of what there is to be pre-emptive about...
Oh, I agree it works both ways.

Having watched one of Rolf's alleged victims speak about her ordeal I do believe her and feel desperately sorry for her. However I'm still not going to have a go at people defending RH because at this point he's still innocent until proven guilty.
Old 20-06-2013, 20:17
Cloudbusting
Forum Member

I do too but having watched one of the alleged victims being interviewed I do have to say, I believe her. It's sad and horrible all around if it's decided in court Rolf Harris is an abuser. It will bring home yet again that message that you never really know someone.
Old 20-06-2013, 21:51
gregsanison
Inactive Member

That interview is very convincing.

Harris used to do swimming adverts with young children and I always found that queasy.

IF and that is IF he is found guilty I hope he dies in prison.

Until then we must presume he is innocent.
Old 21-06-2013, 02:21
dee123
Forum Member

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
dee123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2013, 02:30
spookyLX
Forum Member

what has rolf been accessed of , I have not been following the story or is it not out in the open yet
spookyLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2013, 06:47
Westy2
Forum Member

I do hope, by opening his gob, that Bill wont be the next one interviewed by Inspector Knacker?
Westy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2013, 08:38
Jon Ross
Forum Member

He's a well documented depressive and had a breakdown.
Jon Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2013, 08:39
Jon Ross
Forum Member

That interview is very convincing.

Harris used to do swimming adverts with young children and I always found that queasy.

IF and that is IF he is found guilty I hope he dies in prison.

Until then we must presume he is innocent.
If there is a compelling case against Rolf Harris, the police are taking their time with it. He hasn't even been charged with anything.
Jon Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2013, 09:21
nanscombe
Forum Member

Some may find the interview convincing but then again so is a well scripted TV programme.

Since the interview is not in court it doesn't really count as evidence.
Old 21-06-2013, 11:08
gregsanison
Inactive Member

Some may find the interview convincing but then again so is a well scripted TV programme.

Since the interview is not in court it doesn't really count as evidence.
People can make statements that is the basis for a court action and it is introduced evidence to the court.

That lady in the interview is more than convincing - she is telling the appalling truth.
Old 21-06-2013, 11:33
nanscombe
Forum Member

People can make statements that is the basis for a court action and it is introduced evidence to the court.
I doubt those videos are released to media before any possible trial.

... That lady in the interview is more than convincing - she is telling the appalling truth.
It is an allegation, it has not yet be proven to be the truth appalling or otherwise.
Old 21-06-2013, 11:57
Shrike
Forum Member

That lady in the interview is more than convincing - she is telling the appalling truth.
If she was telling the truth then Rolf appears to have been brazen in the extreme - in which case I'd expect it to be part of a long line of offences like Stuart Halls - I suppose we'll see when it comes to court.

I was a little annoyed with the interview on youtube in that it did seem rather sensationalised with the tinkly sad piano track and the unquestioning interviewer. I'm also concerned that she took payment for it - not just expenses.
Shrike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2013, 12:24
Spot
Forum Member

If you saw the interview he did for BBC Breakfast News during the last series he presented, I'd say that's a massive clue as to why he wasn't invited back. The BBC gave him a way to withdraw from the job with some grace, but they wouldn't have wanted a repeat of that outburst.

He has appeared as a guest on the programme more recently.
Spot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2013, 12:35
Phoenix Lazarus
Forum Member

I've just watched the YouTube interview. She comes across as credible. She's a good actress if she's not telling the truth.

Enter 'Current affair Rolf Harris Sexual abuse' into YouTube, to see it.
Phoenix Lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote