Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

New US Series Red Widow

Old 10-03-2013, 21:52
lovetochat
Forum Member

I finally managed to watch the pilot for this show which aired in the US last week.

Anyone else watching? What did you think?

First thoughts were that it looked ok. The initial plots surrounding who killed Evan and the consignment of drugs due to come in looked promising. Not sure about Russian mafia types in San Francisco though.

As for Luke Goss - my best friend in school wa a mad Bros fan, always though she would marry Matt Seeing him again takes me back to my youth! Anyway, I digress....thoughts please?
lovetochat is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 10-03-2013, 23:19
tigertimtim
Forum Member

thought it was quite good tbh when it got going, deffo keep watching for now;]
tigertimtim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 23:27
koantemplation
Forum Member

I watched it mainly for Radha Mitchell, she's a good actress.

The pilot wasn't too bad but I don't think the show will do anything that hasn't been done before and the ratings were not too good, so it may not last the season.
koantemplation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 09:53
breppo
Forum Member

It's based on the Dutch series Penoza. That is a really good show with a very strong lead character.
I'm going to give this a try, if only to see if it's half as good as the original. (Don't have high expectations)
breppo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 11:49
simplesimon1
Forum Member

Enjoy it while you can. Based on these reviews, it isn't long for this world!

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/61258
simplesimon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 14:51
zwixxx
Forum Member

I wanted to love it. Not a fan of Rahda but would have folloed it for Jaime Ray Newman and Luke Goss. Unfortunately, after trying ep1 I just didn't care about any of the characters. Darnit.
zwixxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 14:59
MoreTears
Forum Member

It's based on the Dutch series Penoza. That is a really good show with a very strong lead character.
I'm going to give this a try, if only to see if it's half as good as the original. (Don't have high expectations)
Is Penoza available anywhere with English subtitles? I don't think it has aired in any English-speaking country.
MoreTears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 18:29
breppo
Forum Member

Is Penoza available anywhere with English subtitles? I don't think it has aired in any English-speaking country.
As far as I can tell you are right. It has been sold to other countries, but most opted for a remake.
There is a subtitled version, but it's Dutch for Flemish viewers who have problems to understand the Amsterdam dialect. I couldn't find an English subtitled version.
breppo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 18:59
lovetochat
Forum Member

Hmmm read a few reviews myself. No one has high hopes of it being renewed. Maybe will stick with it for a few episodes (about to watch Episode 3) and see how it goes.
lovetochat is offline   Reply With Quote