Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

New Puppy - interesting hints and tips ?

Old 24-03-2013, 08:20
steve3927
Forum Member

Hi, we dread a dog/cat/cow/horse etc appearing on the telly for as soon as our little jackchi sees it she growls and barks at it until either we turn it over (the tv station) or the animal goes off screen. Anyone else have the same problem? It drives us mad!....bless her
steve3927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 24-03-2013, 08:26
dollymarie
Forum Member

We had a dog when we were kids and whenever the tv show "casualty" finished, and it did that ringing/siren thing, she would get up and go nuts without fail, to the point where when we knew the show was about to end, one of us would sit there with the tv remote ready to mute it as soon as it finished!
dollymarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2013, 08:34
StressMonkey
Forum Member

Interesting article

My dogs don't really take any notice of the TV - but we still have an old CRT TV (It ain't broke so why replace it?) apart from Hansel who will 'sing' along with certain TV theme tunes - EastEnders (which we never watch any more) and Law & Order. The funny thing is, if we change channel or mute he will continue to 'sing' for near enough the exact length of the theme song. And while he is badly out of tune, you can just about make out what he is 'singing'. He always looks so embarrassed afterwards - as though he has no control over himself
StressMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2013, 09:14
fatsi
Forum Member

My dogs will react to certain animals on the tv but not by barking. They can be fast asleep like they were last night when I was watching Project Nim and as soon as the chimp made a noise they both leapt out of their bed, came running to the tv and sat watching and tilting their heads from side to side!!
The one thing they do bark at on the tv is when a doorbell goes.
fatsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2013, 09:14
molliepops
Forum Member

Spent years turning channels when dogs came on the screen, part of the fun of having a dog we always thought LOL
molliepops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2013, 09:16
catybash
Forum Member

Any show which has the sounds of sheep or lambs in it sets mine of in a competition of noise to see who gets the last say - this time of year its hilarious, she can be sleeping, turn it over to Emmerdale and she's charging the telly giving it a row 'get off my land!'
catybash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2013, 14:30
finbaar
Forum Member

My dog loves watching any program with animals on. He crystal and whimpers at dogs, bears, big cars etc. I also likes watching you tube on my phone of daft dogs. He also goes crazy when he sees a pot dog or animal in a shop window. I did buy him his own but he broke it.
finbaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2013, 17:39
CLA29
Forum Member

My dog used to react to the neighbours theme tune because that meant dinner time!
CLA29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2013, 21:22
Harleyponylover
Forum Member

when a animal comes on the tv. keep the voulume low then when your dog see's it and start's being nauty take her/him out of the room intil (s)he has stopped them let her back in. repeat that every time. don't let her of even once
Harleyponylover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2013, 21:31
welwynrose
Forum Member

We only have a problem with our Staffie doing this especially the Specsavers advert with the short sighted shepherd
welwynrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2013, 22:15
Tt88
Forum Member

I watched a programme about weird pets and a lady had a huge rodent that was larger than a big dog but apparently the same family as a hamster. It started squeaking and my dog shot out from under his blanket and ran around the room and started sniffing the tv looking for it!

He doesnt tend to respond to animals, although his ears would prick up when paul o gradys battersea programme was on. If he hears someone knock on a door on tv, anything squeaking or the sound of bells (like a cat collar bell) he jumps up to find out where the noise is coming from.
Tt88 is offline   Reply With Quote