Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

New Puppy - interesting hints and tips ?

Old 24-03-2013, 13:33
Croctacus
Forum Member

That is a very nice looking dog.
Croctacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 24-03-2013, 14:25
oscardelahoya
Forum Member

He is too cute!!

I have a springer cross poodle and she's just turned one. Her coat has not changed really she started off as a wavy frizz bomb and she's now a big wavy frizz bomb! If anything it's just slightly less curly. Get him used to grooming quickly, he looks like he's going to need it It looks like similar hair to my dog and it's much easier to stop her getting matted by doing a quick brush every few days, under the legs, ears (she has big long spaniel ears though!) and bum are the worst bits.
oscardelahoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2013, 16:01
Stuart_h
Forum Member

He is too cute!!

I have a springer cross poodle and she's just turned one. Her coat has not changed really she started off as a wavy frizz bomb and she's now a big wavy frizz bomb! If anything it's just slightly less curly. Get him used to grooming quickly, he looks like he's going to need it It looks like similar hair to my dog and it's much easier to stop her getting matted by doing a quick brush every few days, under the legs, ears (she has big long spaniel ears though!) and bum are the worst bits.
our previous dog (tibetan terrier) hated grooming ! hence after one particularly long trip to the beach when he came back full of clumps of sand we decided to keep him clipped fairly short ....

but the kids are now busy trying to brush Wilbur .... obviously he thinks its a big game
Stuart_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2013, 21:32
Aarghawasp!
Forum Member

He's gorgeous! No grooming worries here, Tux is a whippet. My last dog was a scruffy lurcher (love my sighthounds!) but Tux is silky smooth. I'll post pics when I get the laptop fixed.
Aarghawasp! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2013, 22:00
Stuart_h
Forum Member

That is a very nice looking dog.
Thanks Croctacus. He has 6 very cute brothers and sisters but he was the only golden one - the rest were all black. Having previously had a black dog we wanted something different
Old 24-03-2013, 22:01
Stuart_h
Forum Member

He's gorgeous! No grooming worries here, Tux is a whippet. My last dog was a scruffy lurcher (love my sighthounds!) but Tux is silky smooth. I'll post pics when I get the laptop fixed.
look forward to them

dont think ive ever seen a whippet puppy .... how strange is that ??? off to do a quick google

EDIT: awwwwwww