Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Which 'celebs' are like flies that need to be swatted right now?

Old 15-03-2013, 16:07
Fatsia
Forum Member

I know it's the daily wail, but apparently Jude Law is suing a company which used his image without permission.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...ermission.html

According to website TMZ, which obtained the court documents, Law describes himself as 'one of the most recognized, highly regarded, critically acclaimed, and commercially valuable motion picture actors in the world.'

Really? Really? I suppose 'one of' gives a fair amount of leeway, but... I thought he was a fairly poor actor who got lucky. He certainly doesn't seem to have any self esteem issues!
Fatsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 15-03-2013, 16:15
Verence
Forum Member

Isn't it more likely that it was Jude Law's legal people that put forward that description rather than the actor himself??
Verence is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2013, 16:18
Goaty
Forum Member

Are you Chris Rock, OP?
Goaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2013, 16:19
Jen-B
Forum Member

I'd imagine that was written by his legal team. I'm not sure suing someone for using your image without your permission is really being "up yourself", but this is DS after all...
Jen-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2013, 16:32
Fatsia
Forum Member

Sorry... I didn't mean that suing them made him up himself, more that the description was something of an exaggeration of his status! Sure it would have been his legal folks who wrote it but he obviously did agree the wording, which I just thought was a bit arrogant. You don't. Fair enough
Fatsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2013, 16:37
lexi22
Inactive Member

Sorry... I didn't mean that suing them made him up himself, more that the description was something of an exaggeration of his status! Sure it would have been his legal folks who wrote it but he obviously did agree the wording, which I just thought was a bit arrogant. You don't. Fair enough
It is a rather OTT description of him (that's a description of Daniel Day Lewis) but he may have been advised to go down this route because of the potential damages in terms of what misuse of his image is worth.
lexi22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2013, 18:12
scone
Forum Member

He's the next James Bond
scone is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2013, 20:18
GandalfsFeet
Forum Member

Wouldn't you be if you looked like that?
GandalfsFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2013, 15:53
QuiteInterested
Forum Member

Haven't read the article, but I met Jude Law once (got his autograph, but that's for another thread) at a Derren Brown show (got his autograph too, lol). I didn't really want to approach him, what with him being there to meet a few friends and just hang out, but my step-daughter LOVES him, so I did. He was really nice, even when I put my foot in it and said I wasn't a fan, I just about knew who he was (oops!). He even took the time out to pose for a photograph with my step-daughter and gave her a kiss on the cheek (she's in her 20's), so I wouldn't say he was up himself.
QuiteInterested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2013, 20:14
Lyricalis
Forum Member

I know it's the daily wail, but apparently Jude Law is suing a company which used his image without permission.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...ermission.html

Really? Really? I suppose 'one of' gives a fair amount of leeway, but... I thought he was a fairly poor actor who got lucky. He certainly doesn't seem to have any self esteem issues!
He may have got lucky, but the real talent is sustaining a career after you get that lucky start, and he's managed to do that.
Lyricalis is offline   Reply With Quote