DS Forums

James Arthur was rejected by the Voice

Old 16-03-2013, 15:47
boab34
Forum Member

though James' source claims he wasn't interested

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrit...itions-1765667
boab34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 16-03-2013, 16:06
abrightyz
Forum Member

he did alright in the end.
abrightyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2013, 17:08
iseloid
Forum Member

But he can't sing
iseloid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2013, 17:26
String9
Forum Member

Their loss.
Whatever happened to the lady that won last year?
String9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2013, 17:50
d56
Forum Member

It really annoys me when The Voice try and put down X Factor, especially that Irish bloke from The Script.

Fair enough, they don't agree with how X Factor works etc, but X Factor have created multi million selling artists. Comparing The Voice to The X Factor is like comparing a molehill to a mountain. Its so much more established.

I mean where is that woman that won The Voice? James had the biggest single of 2012, so lets not make out like we don't know who he is.
d56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2013, 18:11
abrightyz
Forum Member

It really annoys me when The Voice try and put down X Factor, especially that Irish bloke from The Script.

Fair enough, they don't agree with how X Factor works etc, but X Factor have created multi million selling artists. Comparing The Voice to The X Factor is like comparing a molehill to a mountain. Its so much more established.

I mean where is that woman that won The Voice? James had the biggest single of 2012, so lets not make out like we don't know who he is.

agree.
abrightyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2013, 18:57
fireemblemcraze
Forum Member

Agreed! The Voice can't beat the X Factor in that respect at all. The XF can actually give a platform for artists to sell records, the Voice cannot. I love both shows, but seriously The Voice's judges and that male host (not Holly - she can't really say anything against XF due to ITV This Morning show and that she was also a host on the Xtra Factor) are really getting on my nerves with all these silly (and stupid) comments.

Also loads of people are comparing the Voice's first winner with the XF's first winner. Yet they don't realize that 10 YEARS separate the first seasons of these shows!!! It was more difficult that time back and different tastes!
fireemblemcraze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2013, 19:06
sjp07
Forum Member

Agreed! The Voice can't beat the X Factor in that respect at all. The XF can actually give a platform for artists to sell records, the Voice cannot. I love both shows, but seriously The Voice's judges and that male host (not Holly - she can't really say anything against XF due to ITV This Morning show and that she was also a host on the Xtra Factor) are really getting on my nerves with all these silly (and stupid) comments.

Also loads of people are comparing the Voice's first winner with the XF's first winner. Yet they don't realize that 10 YEARS separate the first seasons of these shows!!! It was more difficult that time back and different tastes!
Was it? How? There were plenty of successful reality show winners before are during the time that X factor started.
sjp07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2013, 19:49
iseloid
Forum Member

But Steve actually sold records, in fact each winner has sold records. In fact the runners up have also sold more records than Leanne. Not a good look tbh.
iseloid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2013, 19:51
LW09

Weren't half of The Voice's live show finalists X Factor rejects?
LW09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2013, 20:15
jackbell
Forum Member

Reality pop show judges are meant to be experts in current music. They surely should know who had a number one recently. Methinks they doth protest too much. Of course they know. Had James Arthur failed they'd have been aware who he was.
jackbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2013, 20:46
gavin shipman
Forum Member

James's voice is okay but he is only popular now as he was 'different' for X Factor I doubt he will sell well after his first album.
gavin shipman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2013, 20:50
gavin shipman
Forum Member

The Voice needs to establish itself before critizing X Factor many of it's ex contestants are selling well in the charts still after years like Leona Lewis, Alexandra Burke, JLS, Misha B, Amelia Lily and others have also achieved international success like Olly Murs, Cher Lloyd, One Direction and now Little Mix have signed a US record deal too.

I think Leanne and Bo were fantastic singers and performers and I hope they do very well but the two other finalists Vince Kidd and Tyler James had no commercial success what so ever.

I am a Voice fan by the way.
gavin shipman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2013, 20:52
d56
Forum Member

Totally agree.
d56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2013, 20:59
Dreammaster695
Forum Member

he has sold more than any of the people from the voice last year and wasnt vince kidd in that made up boyband? futurepoofs? :P and they lost to leon jackson of all people...
Dreammaster695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2013, 21:06
jackel1234
Forum Member

Well so far Jake Quicken (reject from judges houses) out sold Vince Kidd who got to the final and I believe Joseph Whelan did the same.
jackel1234 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2013, 21:21
PJ1893
Forum Member

Reality pop show judges are meant to be experts in current music. They surely should know who had a number one recently. Methinks they doth protest too much. Of course they know. Had James Arthur failed they'd have been aware who he was.
Exactly, I think it's a stupid thing to say they've never heard of him... unless they were just saying they don't remember seeing him on The Voice (I think it said James didn't make it to the judges auditions, so in that case they wouldn't remember him...)

The digs at XF are really boring though. Yes, it's not as big as it was... but it's still wiping the floor with The Voice when it comes to record sales. James sold well over a million copies. I know it's subjective, but I think James is a really good singer and a good winner for the show.
PJ1893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2013, 21:33
String9
Forum Member

The American version of The Voice has been going for a few years and is yet to produce a star.
String9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2013, 21:34
_NiallDEE_
Forum Member

How is The Voice putting down XF in this case? It's not like they knew he was going to go on X Factor in the future and rejected him because of that
_NiallDEE_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2013, 22:04
beatingchastard
Forum Member

I bet james really cares they don't know who he is after he's sold well over 1 million records with his debut single. In all honest I watched the voice last year and cannot for the life of me picture the winner
beatingchastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2013, 09:24
Hit Em Up Style
Inactive Member

I actually think Bo Bruce is going to have a longer career than James will. So while people can laugh at Leanne its not all bad for The Voice. Plus if Aleks Josh had been on X Factor he would have won. So its horses for courses.

X Factor winners appear to be cursed. Successful start to their career but its an early peak and they are never able to sustain the interest.

Bo is really making waves right now. One critic said her album was like something you would expect from Kate Bush. That's genuine praise.
Hit Em Up Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2013, 09:59
elasticlove
Forum Member

The American version of The Voice has been going for a few years and is yet to produce a star.
It does more for the coaches than it does for the acts. ̶U̶n̶l̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶'̶r̶e̶ ̶C̶h̶r̶i̶s̶t̶i̶n̶a̶.̶
elasticlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2013, 10:00
Michelle32
Forum Member

The problem is with The Voice is that it isn't just a voice that generates record sales. It is also about image, marketing and what some subjectively regard as 'good'.

There are dozens of better singers around than James Arthur - but many haven't had his marketing or exposure.
Michelle32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2013, 14:00
mysty211
Forum Member

The Voice is only beginning you can't really compare a long running show like X Factor to it.
The voice did find really good potential artists like Vince Kidd , Bo , and Tyler which is good for the first year . I think they maybe waiting to release their stuff when The Voice returns. James didn't meet the judges so technically it's the producers who didn't put him through fault. He done well with X Factor winning. There are people who haven't got through on X Factor who try The Voice too.
mysty211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2013, 14:07
SamuelW
Inactive Member

The Voice series one contestants have had more Top 40 records in the UK Charts than the XFactor series one contestants. James Arthur wouldve done well in the Voice too but he'd have more credibility if he had done the Voice rather than XFactor which it a bit of a laughing stock these days.
SamuelW is offline   Reply With Quote