Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Game of Thrones Season 3 - (for those who have read ALL the Books) - SPOILERS.

Old 27-03-2013, 01:34
g4jc
Forum Member

Also I finished book 5 on thursday, and therefore I would like to apologise to the rest of the country for immediatly saying "I can't wait for The Winds Of Winter"
Saw a comment on a review
http://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R1XKT...wasThisHelpful

Please do not hunt me down and kill me I am old and not well, also... I want to read 'The Winds of Winter' too.
g4jc is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 27-03-2013, 01:48
ally08
Forum Member

Have people read the spoiler chapter that has been released for Winds of Winter?

It's kind of slow torture knowing how long we might have to wait for the full book but I just had to have a sneaky look.

It reveals the fates of a couple of characters, one I was quite worried about, so I am glad I did but I wish it was all out now.
ally08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2013, 02:33
Silverstormm
Forum Member

Also I finished book 5 on thursday, and therefore I would like to apologise to the rest of the country for immediatly saying "I can't wait for The Winds Of Winter"

Oh my sweet summer child, you have not endured the long dark cold nights of winter we have, we the watchers on the wall, the waiters in the darkness...
but now, yes now, you too will know the despair of watching and waiting, waiting and watching, never knowing when the horn will sound 4 times, heralding at last the arrival of that long awaited book...night gathers and now your watch begins
Silverstormm is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2013, 15:37
Spacedone
Forum Member

Oh my sweet summer child, you have not endured the long dark cold nights of winter we have, we the watchers on the wall, the waiters in the darkness...
Does that get messy when people order soup?
Spacedone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2013, 16:48
srhDS
Forum Member

Does that get messy when people order soup?
nah, it's frozen too solid to spill...
srhDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2013, 09:02
green855
Forum Member

I'm excited! Only a few more days. I've been looking forwards to this for weeks. I've read the third book and I'm excited how they will portray this on tv!
green855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2013, 09:13
streetwise
Forum Member

but now, yes now, you too will know the despair of watching and waiting, waiting and watching, never knowing when the horn will sound 4 times, heralding at last the arrival of that long awaited book...night gathers and now your watch begins
Love your reply.

Track 1...Waiters in the darkness.

Track 2...Spilled soup.
streetwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2013, 12:06
Silverstormm
Forum Member

Love your reply.

Track 1...Waiters in the darkness.

Track 2...Spilled soup.

I did type that at 2.30am in fairness haha

Besides The Wall Bar & Grill is self service only (remember your vows cheeky!), the waiters merely watch
Old 29-03-2013, 11:38
brangdon
Forum Member

I read an interview with GRR Martin earlier in the Telegraph, online obviously, I don't buy that paper, and he said there were too many POV characters now, they were wearing him out and it was time to kill some of them off.

He is little scamp.
It is said that whenever he gets fed up with people complaining about the wait for the next book, he kills another Stark.
brangdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2013, 00:51
Silverstormm
Forum Member

Watch this it's very funny if you read the books before the show was made:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=1CLCOvZOh1o

and it's spoiler free also fyi
Old 30-03-2013, 09:45
darthbibble
Forum Member

Saw a comment on a review
http://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R1XKT...wasThisHelpful

Please do not hunt me down and kill me I am old and not well, also... I want to read 'The Winds of Winter' too.
I was joking about the unseasonal snow which came the day after!
darthbibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2013, 16:37
Jimmy_McNulty
Forum Member

Finished the books, there are 2 things I don't understand. 1 is Pate in A Feast For Crows. What happens there? 2 is Ramsay's last letter to Jon Snow (it still hurts). Is the start of The Winds of Winter going to be before that letter is sent, or
Spoiler
Jimmy_McNulty is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2013, 23:12
Koopa_Coffee
Forum Member

Finished the books, there are 2 things I don't understand. 1 is Pate in A Feast For Crows. What happens there? 2 is Ramsay's last letter to Jon Snow (it still hurts). Is the start of The Winds of Winter going to be before that letter is sent, or
Spoiler
Pate is Jaqen H'ghar
Koopa_Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 00:50
g4jc
Forum Member

I was joking about the unseasonal snow which came the day after!
Oops silly me
Oh great so you don't want to kill me whew!

Had gone hunting for possible hints of publishing date on amazon (OK - I know!)

Tiny brain still was full of the 'reviews' well mainly abuse really for the author of the (not going to be published for a very long time) book
g4jc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 16:34
crcky87
Forum Member

Spoiler
Spoiler
crcky87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 17:16
Gene the Cow
Forum Member

A pretty nice start to Season Three, ticks things over from Season Two and starts the ball rolling on a couple of the new storylines. Tywin destroying any hopes Tyrion has of being heir to Casterly Rock was a nice touch. Also there were a fair few changes in this first episode, some deviations from the books others just expansions on things we don't see from POV characters. None of which I have a problem with either.

The thing I am left wondering is whether we will see Strong Belbos (Belvos? sp?) soon as he isn't accompanying Barristan anymore.
Gene the Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 17:23
Cadiva
Forum Member

The thing I am left wondering is whether we will see Strong Belbos (Belvos? sp?) soon as he isn't accompanying Barristan anymore.
Strong Belwas and, if I remember correctly, I think he's been cut from the TV show. I don't remember reading anything about anyone being cast for the role for Season Three anyways.
Cadiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 17:35
Jimmy_McNulty
Forum Member

Spoiler
*shakes fist angrily*
Old 01-04-2013, 19:52
Matt D
Forum Member

A good start to the season.

It's been a while since I read the relevant book, so the only difference that stood out to me was Ser Barristan revealing himself straight away and the lack of Strong Belwas. Still, given that it's a TV show it makes sense that Barristan would be revealed immediately, instead of hiding behind the alias he used in the book. *We* can see he's Barristan, so there's no point him calling himself "Whitebeard".

EDIT:

Oh, actually... Davos - did that happen in the book? I remember him later going on a secret mission for Stannis in the books, so if he did get locked up it can't have been for too long.
Matt D is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 20:58
Cadiva
Forum Member

Oh, actually... Davos - did that happen in the book? I remember him later going on a secret mission for Stannis in the books, so if he did get locked up it can't have been for too long.
It happens the other way round in the book, he's locked up as soon as he returns to Dragonstone after the Battle of the Blackwater and it takes about a month before Stannis sees him (if I remember rightly).
Old 01-04-2013, 21:06
Jimmy_McNulty
Forum Member

And that is why i'm not bothering with the TV show now, too many differences for me, I would end up getting confused
Old 01-04-2013, 22:13
Cadiva
Forum Member

And that is why i'm not bothering with the TV show now, too many differences for me, I would end up getting confused
It's not that different, it just cuts out lots of unnecessary time spent with Davos out of the picture on the show, instead of it being a month of him languishing in the dungeon til Stannis sees him, they've done it the other way round. The outcome's still the same, Davos calls him out on Melissandre's influence and ends up locked up
Old 01-04-2013, 22:30
guestofseth
Forum Member

Really liked the episode, can't say I missed Arya or Bran at all but I imagine I'm alone with that. My favourite parts of Storm with Swords were based at King's Landing with Margaery, Queen of Thorns, Cersei and Tyrion, so I loved Margaery's scenes, and the ones in next week's trailer look to be even better, even though they didn't happen in the book they felt fitting with the character. She's just as manipulative as Cersei and I can't wait to see their scenes together.

I think the only problem I had with the episode, was Sam's scene but that's just because he's my least favourite character.

Anyone else finding it hard to watch Robb's scenes, knowing what will be coming later this season .
guestofseth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 23:01
Yobaba**
Forum Member

Really liked the episode, can't say I missed Arya or Bran at all but I imagine I'm alone with that. My favourite parts of Storm with Swords were based at King's Landing with Margaery, Queen of Thorns, Cersei and Tyrion, so I loved Margaery's scenes, and the ones in next week's trailer look to be even better, even though they didn't happen in the book they felt fitting with the character. She's just as manipulative as Cersei and I can't wait to see their scenes together.

I think the only problem I had with the episode, was Sam's scene but that's just because he's my least favourite character.

Anyone else finding it hard to watch Robb's scenes, knowing what will be coming later this season .
The Queen of Thorns was in the episode? Did I completely miss her?

I love Margaery. I liked her in the books too, although both characters are rather different. I am looking forward to her upcoming scenes, especially her rivalry with Cersei and her friendship with Sansa.

And yeah - I am dreading what's coming up for Robb and Catelyn actually.
Yobaba** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 23:18
guestofseth
Forum Member

The Queen of Thorns was in the episode? Did I completely miss her?
No she wasn't, I just meant her parts of the book, all the King's Landing stuff really, are what I'm looking forward to this season. Just mentioned her because I felt like Margaery's scenes were setting up the Tyrell storyline, and by extension the Queen of Thorns' arrival.

Spoiler
guestofseth is online now   Reply With Quote