Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Battle For No.1 Single - 24/03/13

View Poll Results: Who would you like to see at No.1 next week?
The Saturdays - What About Us (feat. Sean Paul) 50 45.87%
Pink - Just Give Me A Reason (feat. Nate Ruess) 27 24.77%
Justin Timberlake - Mirrors 14 12.84%
Bruno Mars - When I Was Your Man 4 3.67%
Beyonce New Single 7 6.42%
Other 7 6.42%
Voters: 109. You can't vote on this poll right now - are you signed in?

Old 18-03-2013, 15:38
FMKK
Forum Member

With a few potential candidates for the top spot, I think this could be an interesting week for those who follow the charts.

-Will the hype surrounding their American exploits propel The Saturdays to their first UK No.1 with 'What About Us?'

-Can Pink's sleeper hit 'Just Give Me A Reason', a duet with Nate Ruess, make a final push towards the top after weeks of steady climbing?

-Will the release of his album 'The 20/20 Experience' help 'Mirrors' keep Justin Timberlake at No.1 for a fourth week?

-Can Bruno Mars ballad 'When I Was Your Man' make it's way to the top after weeks at the higher echelons of the chart?

-Will Beyonce surprise us all with the rumoured release of the first single of her upcoming album?

-Or can someone else storm to the top spot?
FMKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 18-03-2013, 15:41
O.Michel
Forum Member

-Will the hype surrounding their American exploits propel The Saturdays to their first UK No.1 with 'What About Us?'
Maybe. It's not impossible
-Can Pink's sleeper hit 'Just Give Me A Reason', a duet with Nate Ruess, make a final push towards the top after weeks of steady climbing?
Probably not. And for that matter, hopefully not
-Will the release of his album 'The 20/20 Experience' help 'Mirrors' keep Justin Timberlake at No.1 for a fourth week?
Probably
-Can Bruno Mars ballad 'When I Was Your Man' make it's way to the top after weeks at the higher echelons of the chart?
It's possible, but I'm not quite sure he'll make it.
-Will Beyonce surprise us all by releasing the first single of her upcoming album?
No
You never know
O.Michel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2013, 15:49
pixiegirl123
Forum Member

-Will the hype surrounding their American exploits propel The Saturdays to their first UK No.1 with 'What About Us?
Probably
I would love it to be, but it's started to fall down the chart now, so I doubt it
See above
Would be happy to see it reach 4 weeks at the top, but I think it has had it's time now
-Will Beyonce surprise us all with the rumoured release of the first single of her upcoming album?
I think it's just rumours,.
Go Bastille! (even though there is a million to one chance, just wanted to pick one you hadn't mentioned)

ETA: Me and O.Michel did it in the same format
pixiegirl123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2013, 16:03
FMKK
Forum Member

ETA: Me and O.Michel did it in the same format
I like it. Keeps things neat.

I think it's probably between The Saturdays and JT in all likelihood. Given a choice between the two, I would rather that Justin did the business. I'm rather liking his new stuff and 'What About Us' is pretty tacky. I can't completely rule out Pink though - I wasn't expecting her to make top 5.
Old 18-03-2013, 16:52
pixiegirl123
Forum Member

I would love it to be, but it's started to fall down the chart now, so I doubt it
I just looked on iTunes, turns out it is climbing the chart, so ignore this
pixiegirl123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2013, 17:31
Littlegreen42
Forum Member

The Sats won't get the no.1, every single they release from a new album seems to be huge at the start of the week then tumbles towards the weekend. I believe P!nk will climb to the top (even though i HATE it!)
Littlegreen42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2013, 17:34
FMKK
Forum Member

The Sats won't get the no.1, every single they release from a new album seems to be huge at the start of the week then tumbles towards the weekend. I believe P!nk will climb to the top (even though i HATE it!)
Not a huge fan of the Pink song either. I prefer her when she's doing an uptempo number. However, that Saturdays song is absolute dross so I hope you're right about their sales falling!
Old 18-03-2013, 17:38
shelleyj89
Forum Member

p!nk I hope!
shelleyj89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2013, 17:47
Eric_Blob
Forum Member

The Saturdays seem to have #1 all sealed up this time. They have a huge sales lead, much bigger than they ever had before (they only had one song even get to #1 on iTunes before, and it was only there for about half an hour, whilst their new one is selling over double of #2 on iTunes right now).
Eric_Blob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2013, 17:54
FMKK
Forum Member

The Saturdays seem to have #1 all sealed up this time. They have a huge sales lead, much bigger than they ever had before (they only had one song even get to #1 on iTunes before, and it was only there for about half an hour, whilst their new one is selling over double of #2 on iTunes right now).
Out of curiosity, where can I get the figures for this?
Old 18-03-2013, 18:07
Alrightmate
Forum Member

Why is it that acts releasing records is always seen as a battle or a war?
It makes it feel more like a desperately fought competition and less about the music itself.
Alrightmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2013, 18:43
Mattehhhftw
Forum Member

I love the Saturdays song, would be nice to see them top the chart with it.
Mattehhhftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2013, 19:05
christopher_geo
Forum Member

Tbh I want the Sats to get no.1 because of their previous songs that so deserved to get to no1. I don't like What About Us but they really deserve a no.1 after Up, Issues, Forever Is Over, Ego, Higher or All Fired Up. Those are all stellar pop songs that deserved that top spot.
christopher_geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2013, 19:18
barlowconnor
Forum Member

I wish for Pink
barlowconnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2013, 19:35
ll_Calypso_ll
Forum Member

Personally I'd like Bastille to take it, but I know there's no chance of it climbing that much, so I'll opt for The Saturdays. I'm not exactly a fan of them, but it would be nice for them to get their first number 1. Besides, the Bruno Mars track is horrific; Mirrors has already had 2 weeks at the top; Beyonce's is also an abomination and the P!nk song does nothing for me...
ll_Calypso_ll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2013, 22:16
cnbcwatcher
Forum Member

I really want The Saturdays to get it.
cnbcwatcher is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2013, 22:29
Bex.
Forum Member

Sats will get it probs
Bex. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2013, 22:34
Forum Member

The Saturdays!
1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2013, 22:34
Say_My_Name
Inactive Member

The Saturdays will hopefully get it. It deserves it anyway, how any of Issues, All Fired Up, Up and Forever Is Over weren't #1 baffles me.
Say_My_Name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2013, 22:42
gavin shipman
Forum Member

I hope the Saturdays finally get the #1 spot. They deserve it after all their hard work. Is it being released In the US too?
gavin shipman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2013, 22:43
Say_My_Name
Inactive Member

I hope the Saturdays finally get the #1 spot. They deserve it after all their hard work. Is it being released In the US too?
I would imagine so, haven't they got a show airing over there? So they obviously have publicity and a market over in the US.
Say_My_Name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2013, 22:43
Bex.
Forum Member

The Saturdays will hopefully get it. It deserves it anyway, how any of Issues, All Fired Up, Up and Forever Is Over weren't #1 baffles me.
yeah, and Ego that is such a tune released at the wrong time
Bex. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2013, 22:49
mmeister2
Forum Member

I voted Beyonce just because it would be something new. I like the other songs but I've heard them so much I'm just a little tired of them. The Saturdays were my second choice.
mmeister2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2013, 23:04
FMKK
Forum Member

What hard work have they done? They've recorded the latest generic dance-fodder their management put in front of them and have hawked it around a few TV shows. Not as if they've put anything into the actual creative process.
Old 18-03-2013, 23:30
Shadow2009
Forum Member

What hard work have they done? They've recorded the latest generic dance-fodder their management put in front of them and have hawked it around a few TV shows. Not as if they've put anything into the actual creative process.
It's such a common misconception that because they're a girlband they have no talent or creative control. Una and Mollie both play instruments (most notably the guitar) and write most of their material (the latter has even wrote for the Backstreet Boys), Frankie can play guitar and Rochelle/Vanessa are very capable singers (and so is Una). The girls have recorded five albums, done three tours, done tons of gigs and festivals, promoted the hell out of every release (what other artist is on Daybreak, This Morning, Loose Women and multiple other TV shows with every single?), do tons of signings/UStreams/Twitter sessions with fans and it was THEIR idea to do a reality show with E! and even pitched it to them by themselves. They make alot of their own decisions and are very successful entrepreneurs.
Shadow2009 is offline   Reply With Quote