Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Dannii joins Australian X Factor!

Old 18-03-2013, 19:43
d56
Forum Member

So happy, she was such a good judge/mentor and its good that she is thinking of keeping her son in Australia:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/dannii-m...factor-1772220

I just wish it was the UK show. Seems we are going to stuck with Osbourne
d56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 18-03-2013, 19:44
ritchie2yk
Forum Member

The Aussies seem to be having all the luck
ritchie2yk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2013, 19:49
LW09

It really is musical judges. Theres a hell of a lot of job swapping going on.

Sharon (most likely) moving from America's Got Talent to X Factor UK
Mel B moving from X Factor Australia to America's Got Talent & Australia's Got Talent
Dannii moving from Australia's Got Talent to X Factor Australia
Cheryl rumoured to be returning to X Factor US.
LW09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2013, 19:57
yohinnchild
Forum Member

The OZ show was already infinitely better than the UK one for the last couple of years - now Dannii's there too!!!!!
yohinnchild is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2013, 20:05
d56
Forum Member

The OZ show was already infinitely better than the UK one for the last couple of years - now Dannii's there too!!!!!
Arghh I'm so jealous of the Aussie's!
d56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2013, 20:58
jackbell
Forum Member

Good choice.
jackbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2013, 21:55
Julie_Evans
Inactive Member

Nothing wrong with Sharon O, give me her to Dannii Minogue every time. And Nicole was a better judge/mentor in just one season, than Dannii ever was.

Delighted DM isn't returning to the UK XF, I for one fail to see what is so fantastic about her tbh. I'd be more than happy for Sharon and Nicole to be the 2 female judges
Julie_Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2013, 22:10
abrightyz
Forum Member

it would have been very good to have dannii and nicole together in one panel... my two faves.
abrightyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2013, 22:14
matty_anderson
Forum Member

Dannii is my favourite ever X Factor judge - I'm happy for the Aussies to have her but I do wish she would come back to the UK
matty_anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2013, 22:16
Barry_Clarke
Forum Member

I want Kimbra to join X Factor Australia!
Barry_Clarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2013, 22:26
jackbell
Forum Member

Nothing wrong with Sharon O, give me her to Dannii Minogue every time. And Nicole was a better judge/mentor in just one season, than Dannii ever was.

Delighted DM isn't returning to the UK XF, I for one fail to see what is so fantastic about her tbh. I'd be more than happy for Sharon and Nicole to be the 2 female judges
That's why I said it was a good choice. We will have the better panel with just Nicole alone.
Old 18-03-2013, 22:36
Bax1999
Forum Member

Wow finally someone with common sense and that do whatever she wants! with no pression from the record label! So it wont happen what happened last year!
Bax1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2013, 23:16
justj
Inactive Member

Finally there is someone else on here that is not up danni's arse .
justj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2013, 23:54
fireemblemcraze
Forum Member

Same here! I feel exactly the same way. Dannii was really bad as both a mentor and really bland as a judge. I fail to see any attraction either...and I love Graham Norton's attacks on her in his shows! She isn't that great but people make her out to be good...

Nicole and Sharon would indeed be wonderful.
fireemblemcraze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2013, 00:35
Kuda_Kunaka
Forum Member

Job swap with Mel B then?
Kuda_Kunaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2013, 01:12
Fudd
Forum Member

Welcome to Musical Chairs Cowell style. Next up, LA Reid flying in to replace Gary Barlow on The X Factor UK. Gary will take his seat on the US panel.
Fudd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2013, 02:16
InMyArms
Forum Member

Job swap with Mel B then?
No, Mel has taken Sharon Osbourne's America's Got Talent job, Dannii was on Australia's Got Talent. Lots of seat hopping.
InMyArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2013, 02:20
gpk
Forum Member

No, Mel has taken Sharon Osbourne's America's Got Talent job, Dannii was on Australia's Got Talent. Lots of seat hopping.
mel b is joining australia`s got talent as well as doing the us job. good luck to dannii on the x factor in australia, would have preferred her to return here, but maybe she is still annoyed with itv for messing around with the schedule to accommodate barlow back in 2011.
gpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2013, 02:40
C14E
Forum Member

Could be another month before Simon finalises the UK/US X Factor panels but the pieces are slowly falling into place.
C14E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2013, 02:42
mysty211
Forum Member

Maybe Mel B is leaving for the uk x factor then? or we just have Sharon. Oz is so lucky gonna definitely watch Dannii on it.
mysty211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2013, 02:52
InMyArms
Forum Member

mel b is joining australia`s got talent as well as doing the us job. good luck to dannii on the x factor in australia, would have preferred her to return here, but maybe she is still annoyed with itv for messing around with the schedule to accommodate barlow back in 2011.
Do you think Simon got a bunch of buckets and labelled them "X Factor UK", "Australia's Got Talent" ect.. then picked up a load of dolls of his pre-existing judges collection, closed his eyes and then decided who was on which show based on whatever bucket the doll landed in?
InMyArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2013, 03:45
gpk
Forum Member

Do you think Simon got a bunch of buckets and labelled them "X Factor UK", "Australia's Got Talent" ect.. then picked up a load of dolls of his pre-existing judges collection, closed his eyes and then decided who was on which show based on whatever bucket the doll landed in?
i don't think its as simple as that. apparently, dannii was still contracted to the `seven network` even though the show has been picked up by its rival `channel nine`, so i guess `seven` had to find another role for her. these decisions are not always down to simon and the tv channels worldwide have their own views on castings.

only days ago, dannii was quoted saying `x factor is not part of my life, not now`. maybe, she was referring to the uk version of the show specifically, after having to leave previously because of itv moving the schedule to suit barlow. that is what makes me think its not always as simple as simon just clicking his fingers. some judges in a good position have their own ideas about where they want to work and have tv stations willing to hire them.
gpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2013, 05:06
Bjkaave
Forum Member

Wow finally someone with common sense and that do whatever she wants! with no pression from the record label! So it wont happen what happened last year!
Grammar is your friend.
Bjkaave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2013, 09:17
jackbell
Forum Member

Same here! I feel exactly the same way. Dannii was really bad as both a mentor and really bland as a judge. I fail to see any attraction either...and I love Graham Norton's attacks on her in his shows! She isn't that great but people make her out to be good...

Nicole and Sharon would indeed be wonderful.
Whilst I disagreed with G. Norton's attacks (Graham is funny generally, but comes across as particularly spiteful and nasty when he attacks), I do agree that as a judge and mentor Dannii Minogue was dreadful. Once she'd stopped trying to coy American Idol was wittering on about being 'pitchy' (which Sharon picked up on) she didn't have a lot to say.
Old 19-03-2013, 10:28
teenage-monkey
Forum Member

I don't think Dannii was trying to copy American Idol at all. I think she was genuinley trying to give some feedback the audience wanted to hear and the contestants too. I think she did a great job, particularly towards the end of being honest and incorporating everything into her feedback - style, performance, voice, artistry. There was no repetition like Louis, wishy washy comments about family and audience support from Cheryl or hidden agendas from Simon.
teenage-monkey is offline   Reply With Quote