Forum Member

here's my list
elton john
sandie shaw
tulisa
vanessa from the saturdays
whitney before she died
sparkle22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 19-03-2013, 23:19
Sharon87
Forum Member

Meatloaf
Robbie Williams - well is worse than he worse, he's still better than half the OPs list!
Sharon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2013, 23:37
Billy Sut
Forum Member

Paul McCartney was never a great singer in the past....but the way he sounds now makes me....
Billy Sut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2013, 23:46
Ollie_h19
Forum Member

Brian Wilson, used to do the falsetto parts in the Beach Boys, gets his backing singers to do the tricky bits now.
Ollie_h19 is online now Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2013, 23:52
Rod_Violator
Forum Member

most def. Liam Gallagher!!

&

most def. Axl Rose!!
Rod_Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2013, 23:55
Hav_mor91
Forum Member

I love Mariah i do but in no way is she as good as she was.
Hav_mor91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2013, 00:09
digichant
Forum Member

I actually think Adele's voice hasn't been the same since her surgery.

She can of course still sing though.
digichant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2013, 00:26
sjp07
Forum Member

I love Mariah i do but in no way is she as good as she was.
She might not be as good as she was, but she is nowhere in the category of cant sing anymore.
sjp07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2013, 00:30
AdzPower
Forum Member

Mariah Carey, God her voice is awful now, and she's barely audible in most of her performances.
Disagree with Vanessa from The Saturdays though, it's already known that she suffers from anxiety issues and that is what is stopping her from sounding as good, it gets to her when she's on stage, hence her voice not sounding as great, but she's recovering now I believe.
AdzPower is online now Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2013, 00:47
iseloid
Forum Member

Mariah Carey, God her voice is awful now, and she's barely audible in most of her performances.
Disagree with Vanessa from The Saturdays though, it's already known that she suffers from anxiety issues and that is what is stopping her from sounding as good, it gets to her when she's on stage, hence her voice not sounding as great, but she's recovering now I believe.
It's not awful, and she had been belting it out year after year since 1990 to be fair. It's not like she's got anything to prove...
iseloid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2013, 09:39
Glyn W
Forum Member

Cliff's voice is going, and so is Ray Davies' if his performance at the Olympic opening ceremony is anything to go by.
Glyn W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2013, 09:42
Glyn W
Forum Member

It's not awful, and she had been belting it out year after year since 1990 to be fair. It's not like she's got anything to prove...
It's not her voice that's the problem, it's her style. Showing off vocal gymnastics at the song's expense.
Glyn W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2013, 11:42
Big Poy
Forum Member

most def. Liam Gallagher!!

&

most def. Axl Rose!!
I'd actually disagree with that one, saw him last year and he sounded pretty good.

Granted he did have to continually pop into his oxygen tent that he had on stage!
Big Poy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2013, 12:10
LandslideBrad
Forum Member

Frankie from The Saturdays.
How did she go from great lead singer of S Club 8/Juniors/I Dream to the worst singer of The Saturdays?
LandslideBrad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2013, 12:18
little-monster
Forum Member

Sadly Whitney was never great vocally during the last years of her life. I remember watching clips of her Nothing But Love tour and she was horrendous and used the backing track to cover up how bad she was. It's a shame. Even her recordings on the film Sparkle and her I Look To You album were very raspy and covered up by the magic of editing.
little-monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2013, 12:48
Shadow2009
Forum Member

Vanessa from The Saturdays

Compare THIS - (2:08)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4yVSAV4mXA

To THIS - (1:58)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JqxOYUnVz8

It's actually quite sad.
Shadow2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2013, 12:51
RealDonkey
Forum Member

here's my list
elton john
sandie shaw
tulisa
vanessa from the saturdays
whitney before she died

Elton I'd agree with
Sandie I'd disagree with, she has a new depth to her voice
Whitney has sung well since she decided that shouting loud was better than singing
Ray Davies seem to have lost it as has Paul McCartney
RealDonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2013, 12:54
barbeler
Forum Member

Paul McCartney was never a great singer in the past

One of the great rock voices of all time, but now reduced to a croak. Serves him right for the Frog Chorus.
barbeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2013, 13:19
cnbcwatcher
Forum Member

I kinda agree about Vanessa from The Saturdays. She used to have the most powerful voice in the group and she even went on Popstar to Operastar in 2010. I did read on another thread that she was suffering from anxiety issues and that's why her voice wasn't great lately.
cnbcwatcher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2013, 13:22
lisalou7
Forum Member

Paul McCartney had one of the best rock voices in his prime, very adaptable and distinctive. Listen to Call Me Back Again, Maybe I'm Amazed or Monkberry Moon Delight if you are in any doubt. He most definitely could sing!!
Ok his voice is fading now but he is 70 and you wouldn't expect him to sing like his 30 yr old self. It's a shame but his older voice has it's merits too and he is still writing and playing those melodic bass lines.
I would say Bowie's voice is fading and altered too.
lisalou7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2013, 13:24
O.Michel
Forum Member

Obviously Mariah. She doesn't sound horrible by any means, but she sounds extremely weak sometimes, almost like she's whispering. And she can't go as extremely high as she used to, but I don't blame her for that, because her whistle register still works to a certain extent.

And I would also like to add Alicia Keys to the list. Her voice, while never really powerhouse material, used to be strong and soulful, especially on her second album, where tracks like 'Heartbreak', 'When You Really Love Someone' and 'Diary' showcase decent vocal ability. Now her voice sounds extremely raspy, husky and it's constantly cracking, let alone the pitch problems she has.
O.Michel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2013, 13:38
Charlottesweb
Forum Member

Brian Wilson, used to do the falsetto parts in the Beach Boys, gets his backing singers to do the tricky bits now.
To be fair hes been doing that since his drug problems in the 60's when he refused to tour with the band himself.

His voice isnt as good now, absolutely, but on the other hand, Brian Wilson the man looked better on that recent farewell tour than he has in decades, which the opposite of what you would expect .

Its not always an age thing either when voices go.

The song 'Lion Sleeps tonight' by the tokens is over 50 years old.

The guy who sang it is still touring, and this video is only three years ago, so its possible to carry beautiful voices through life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqyHz3hhfvU
Charlottesweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2013, 13:40
21stCenturyBoy
Forum Member

Martha Reeves.

From this- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obvSFWvgBhg
To this- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7rPM0qCquk
21stCenturyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2013, 13:51
Cloudbuster
Forum Member

I was embarrased by Elton, Cliff and Paul McCartney at the Jubilee concert and was aghast to see McCartney murdering music again during the opening Olympic ceremony.

Liza Minnelli needs to give up too (and boy she was once a great singer), as should Tony Bennett.
Cloudbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2013, 13:54
Vabosity
Forum Member

Ray Davies seem to have lost it.
Untrue.

Ray's lacklustre performance of Waterloo Sunset at the London Olympic Closing Ceremony was due I believe to illness, nothing serious but enough to affect his voice on the day. I've seen Ray in concert several times in recent years and his voice is as good as it ever was, if not better.

Had Ray been in better shape last August, his performance would have been an Olympic highlight to rival those provided by Mo Farah and Bradley Wiggins.
Vabosity is offline   Reply With Quote