Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Dropbox Auto Upload Help

Old 19-03-2013, 23:27
TheVoid
Forum Member

Hi, usually, Dropbox auto uploads all my photos on my mobile, but when does it automatically do this? As soon as you take a photo?

Any idea how to make it upload every day at a certain time?

Also, how do you choose what it uploads from your pc?

Thanks
TheVoid is online now   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 20-03-2013, 00:07
Stuart_h
Forum Member

Hi, usually, Dropbox auto uploads all my photos on my mobile, but when does it automatically do this? As soon as you take a photo?

Any idea how to make it upload every day at a certain time?

Also, how do you choose what it uploads from your pc?

Thanks
I think you can set it to be WiFi only so it will automatically start uploading in the background when you connect to a WiFi source. As for the PC you can just drag and drop items into the drop box folders and they will automatically upload.
Stuart_h is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2013, 01:18
TheVoid
Forum Member

I think you can set it to be WiFi only so it will automatically start uploading in the background when you connect to a WiFi source. As for the PC you can just drag and drop items into the drop box folders and they will automatically upload.
So if I take a photo when connected to wifi, it will upload immediatly?
Old 20-03-2013, 09:13
gillyallan
Forum Member

You set it to wifi only or to wifi and data. Also in the settings you can turn camera upload on or off. Mine is on wifi only, like most of my things. Im not 100% sure if its on wifi only and you take a pic away away from wifi, how soon after coming into contact with wifi it uploads.
Im not aware of being being able to set a time for it. I know if your battery is low it tells you it will do it later
gillyallan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2013, 10:13
PollyPerm
Forum Member

In my experience if you're connected to wifi and you take photos, it starts to upload pretty much straight away. I also find that if you have new photos you've taken whilst not on wifi, that not long after connecting, they upload.
PollyPerm is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2013, 12:22
TheVoid
Forum Member

Thanks, it seems you're all correct.

However, any photos you edit and create with an app, will not auto be uploaded which is crap.