Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Spider-Man

Old 20-03-2013, 09:27
Pointy
Forum Member

What is it about him that makes him so special? For me, it's that for his first 30 years of existence he always had at least one creative team delivering the goods. No other character(s) have been fortunate enough to have such a solid base be given to them.
Pointy is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 20-03-2013, 10:23
mred2000
Forum Member

Not sure what you mean. A fair few different people wrote and drew Spider-Man in his first 30 years... Some would argue his various creative teams still deliver the goods, despite a blip in the 90's...

Even then, though it rambled and twisted all over the place, I quite liked some of the 90's stuff <cough> clone saga <cough> insidious return of Green Goblin <cough>...
mred2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2013, 12:56
Craigywageybaby
Forum Member

It was the first comic I had bought for me as a child, it was always colourful, his enemies very always very unique and he's just a normal kid brought into the superheroe world by chance... it could of happened to anyone of us!
Craigywageybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2013, 11:19
C. Samurai
Inactive Member

Not sure what you mean. A fair few different people wrote and drew Spider-Man in his first 30 years... Some would argue his various creative teams still deliver the goods, despite a blip in the 90's...

Even then, though it rambled and twisted all over the place, I quite liked some of the 90's stuff <cough> clone saga <cough> insidious return of Green Goblin <cough>...
JMS aside, the 90s was the last time anyone did anything different with the character, and it's the decade which gave us Spider-Girl, which logic and common sense tells us is meant to be the real continuity for Peter Parker (I beleive Joe Quesada once even confirmed it was the "natural timeline" in an interview)
C. Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 00:59
Pointy
Forum Member

Currently reading Essential Marvel Team-Up vol. 4. Classic Spidey!
Pointy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:11
Hugh Letdown
Inactive Member

What is it about him that makes him so special? For me, it's that for his first 30 years of existence he always had at least one creative team delivering the goods. No other character(s) have been fortunate enough to have such a solid base be given to them.
Huh?

No.

He is special 'cuz he was bitten by a radioactive spider and now has the equivalent strength of a human-sized spider AND nifty-tingly sensations as well.

Oh.

I see.

Yeah, he is a well-written character for so long is due to the fact that he has been a well-written character for so long. It's probably something to do with his tightological(?) web-spinning.
Hugh Letdown is offline   Reply With Quote