Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Lindsay Lohan's music career

Old 21-03-2013, 22:16
zummigummi
Inactive Member

Was pretty fantastic does anybody agree?

Her two albums should have been massive in the UK I believe she only released one single here which was "Over"

I also love her song "Ultimate" from Freaky Friday aswell

I quite like her track "Bossy" aswell.

Any other fans? fave album/track?
zummigummi is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 21-03-2013, 22:23
sparkle22
Forum Member

if she would have promoted she would have done well in the uk speak sold 2 million copies I loved magnet.
and first from herbie.
sparkle22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2013, 22:26
zummigummi
Inactive Member

if she would have promoted she would have done well in the uk speak sold 2 million copies I loved magnet.
and first from herbie.
I also love the tracks she did from the soundtrack to her movie "Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen" haha
Old 21-03-2013, 22:27
Zack06
Forum Member

The tracks I liked from her were:

"Rumors", "Bossy", "I Wanna Be Bad", "Stuck".

Rumors was my favourite though, but her voice got worse from then on. She was quite a good popstar back in the day tbh though she never had much of a voice, she did have something.
Zack06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2013, 22:43
sparkle22
Forum Member

why was her 3rd album never released? she sounded ok on the 1st album I think the drugs and drink ruined what voice she did have.
sparkle22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2013, 22:46
zummigummi
Inactive Member

She kept delaying it and it never happened unfortunately. We sadly now know why.

She recorded the second album while filming the Herbie movie and was extremely exhausted so maybe that affected her voice on it? if you listen to the track Confessions of a Broken Heart (Daughter to Father) you hear the sounds of the cars from Herbie in the background at the beginning of the song as she recorded it on the set in a mobile studio.
Old 21-03-2013, 23:22
Everything Goes
Forum Member

Her 2nd album A Little More Personal (RAW) is great. Sadly not the commercial success that it deserved to be. Plus she went off the rails a bit. Oh well! Its definitely worth buying this album if you don't have it

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Little-More-...3907864&sr=8-1
Everything Goes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2013, 00:18
cnbcwatcher
Forum Member

I'm listening to Rumors as I type. It's not a bad song but a lot of people would slate it because Lindsay Lohan's singing it. If Britney Spears had released it it would have been critically acclaimed.
cnbcwatcher is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2013, 00:21
Harper_Milne
Forum Member

I'm not gonna lie, shes kind of a guilty pleasure when she comes up on shuffle i cant help but rave. first, over and that girl are such tunes.
Harper_Milne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2013, 03:35
SuperAPJ
Forum Member

I was going to say that I liked the song she performed in Freaky Friday, then I remembered that it wasn't her on lead vocals!
SuperAPJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2013, 11:08
wef0undl0ve
Forum Member

I LOVED Rumors
wef0undl0ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2013, 23:57
superstar111
Forum Member

She was a great popstar, and if she sorts herself out, she still could be! I loved Stay, Too Young To Die. The latter, in particular is eerily haunting to her situation atm!
superstar111 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2013, 17:44
ItsTimmyTime
Forum Member

I'm a big fan of Lindsay's music! I love the raspiness of her voice and she seemed to have passion in her singing.

"Over" is one of my favourite songs, ever!
My tears are turning into time, I've wasted trying to find a reason for goodbye!

"Rumours" was one of the first pop-dance songs I really liked, and I've never looked back!

"Symptoms of You" from Speak was also a great song!

"Black Hole" and "I Want You To Want Me" were great tracks on her second album. Kelly Clarkson was offered Black Hole for her My December album, and IWYTWM is just a classic song anyways.

I'm a big fan of "Bossy" (Please me, and I will gladly brighten up your atmosphere; Let me shine for you)and "Stuck" as well from her unreleased third album. I think if she released "Stuck" with a great Alice in Wonderland themed video but with someone like Perez Hilton as the Queen and the Paparazzi as the soldiers it would grab everyone's attention!
ItsTimmyTime is offline   Reply With Quote