Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

TV and key board

Old 22-03-2013, 18:04
TheMask
Forum Member

Philips 4000 series Smart LED TV (47") Full HD 1080p DVB-T2/C with Pixel Plus HD

model number......47PFL4047T/12

I have just connected the tv to the internet but finding it a pain to use the remote and the screen as the key board.

Can I buy a wireless key board for the tv..if so any recommendations
TheMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 22-03-2013, 19:31
Chris Frost
Forum Member

A TV isn't a computer. So you can't just go chucking any old bits of hardware at a TV and expect it to recognise them and load appropriate drivers. A prime example is wireless dongles. There are loads to choose from for a computer. But TVs only support certain ones; normally the manufacturer's own version with a hefty price premium to boot.

The answer to your question is either in the manual - does it say it supports a keyboard? - or a Google search to see if other owners have tried the same and succeeded.
Chris Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2013, 19:37
chrisjr
Forum Member

According to the manual it only supports USB keyboards. There is absolutely no mention anywhere of a wireless keyboard. If you plug the dongle for a wireless keyboard into the USB port I suspect that it would go the electronic equivalent of "WTF is this" and do sod all else.
chrisjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2013, 19:44
TheMask
Forum Member

According to the manual it only supports USB keyboards. There is absolutely no mention anywhere of a wireless keyboard. If you plug the dongle for a wireless keyboard into the USB port I suspect that it would go the electronic equivalent of "WTF is this" and do sod all else.
Cheers for the information..just about to download the user manual
Old 22-03-2013, 21:46
TheMask
Forum Member

ok read the manual ...sorry this is a bit new to me..so do I still have to use the remote as the mouse as such
Old 23-03-2013, 20:22
chrisjr
Forum Member

ok read the manual ...sorry this is a bit new to me..so do I still have to use the remote as the mouse as such
If you have read the manual then you should have seen that it mentions you can plug a USB mouse into either one of the USB ports on the telly or into a USB port on the keyboard if it has one.
chrisjr is offline   Reply With Quote