Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Xperia u 6.1.1.b.1.54 update

Old 24-03-2013, 23:01
buenostar
Forum Member

Hi
Just got news of this update to my phone.
I'm very wary of new updates since that terrible one on my ipad.
I was wondering if anyone has the same phone and has updated and found it to be better.

Thanks in advance.
buenostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 24-03-2013, 23:51
TheVoid
Forum Member

Hi
Just got news of this update to my phone.
I'm very wary of new updates since that terrible one on my ipad.
I was wondering if anyone has the same phone and has updated and found it to be better.

Thanks in advance.
I had the update a few weeks ago, it does improve ICS so I would advise you update it.

I have since sold it and bought the Xperia P which has more RAM and runs ICS much better.
TheVoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2013, 07:39
buenostar
Forum Member

I had the update a few weeks ago, it does improve ICS so I would advise you update it.

I have since sold it and bought the Xperia P which has more RAM and runs ICS much better.
Thing is I'm still on the old gingerbread software so this would be a big change.
I don't really want to fix something that isn't broken.
Old 25-03-2013, 09:10
TheVoid
Forum Member

Thing is I'm still on the old gingerbread software so this would be a big change.
I don't really want to fix something that isn't broken.
If you're still on Gingerbread and happy with it, then no I wouldn't change as ICS runs slower than Gingerbread on the U, therefore you will notice lag moving from Gingerbread.
Old 25-03-2013, 10:04
buenostar
Forum Member

If you're still on Gingerbread and happy with it, then no I wouldn't change as ICS runs slower than Gingerbread on the U, therefore you will notice lag moving from Gingerbread.
I've read that the camera has a faster shutter speed on ics though.

Is that true?
Old 25-03-2013, 23:39
TheVoid
Forum Member

I've read that the camera has a faster shutter speed on ics though.

Is that true?
People have had problems with ICS on the U, especially with the camera, but I believe the recent update irons out problems.

To be fair, I think you'll be dissapointed with ICS so if you're happy to stay with G, then I would. If you don't then it's fine, but just be prepared for a bit of lag here and there and not much RAM free.
Old 25-03-2013, 23:47
Ultraman1966
Forum Member

Gingerbread is more than 2 years old now, that's two generations in the mobile world. I'd definitely update if I were you as this is the second ICS update so they have ironed out bugs. I've kept my dad's Xperia U updated regularly and there's not be a lot of problems; amount of available RAM has already about the same.
Ultraman1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2013, 20:20
alan1302
Forum Member

Gingerbread is more than 2 years old now, that's two generations in the mobile world. I'd definitely update if I were you as this is the second ICS update so they have ironed out bugs. I've kept my dad's Xperia U updated regularly and there's not be a lot of problems; amount of available RAM has already about the same.
But why update just because it's older OS? ICS makes the phone slower and less usable.
alan1302 is offline   Reply With Quote