Ariana Grande ft Mac Miller - The Way

Old 25-03-2013, 22:42
tamibeckett
Forum Member

http://ryanseacrest.com/2013/03/25/w...at-mac-miller/

Another Disney kid...

Currently #1 on US itunes
tamibeckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 25-03-2013, 23:02
LandslideBrad
Forum Member

She's not a disney kid. She was on Nickelodeon.

This song is so amazing, I didn't like her debut 'Put Your Hearts Up' but this is perfect.
LandslideBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2013, 23:07
tamibeckett
Forum Member

She's not a disney kid. She was on Nickelodeon.

This song is so amazing, I didn't like her debut 'Put Your Hearts Up' but this is perfect.
Woops Sorry, I usually think "kids shows" = Disney

People says she sounds like Mariah Carey. I want to see her perform this on American Idol in front of Mariah
Old 26-03-2013, 00:05
Stally
Forum Member

I heard this the other day and thought she sounded a lot like Mariah Carey. I hope the single does well.
Stally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2013, 08:12
Masterjonboi
Forum Member

Terrible song terrbile artist
Masterjonboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2013, 09:00
rbautz
Forum Member

Terrible song terrbile artist
Well, then good luck with your auditioning in london for X-factor, I'm sure you will delight us with your angelic voice.
rbautz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2013, 09:48
FanFromHolland
Forum Member

She has a great voice, sad that she's not going to be played on radio because she's a "nickelodeon kid"
FanFromHolland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2013, 12:57
LandslideBrad
Forum Member

She has a great voice, sad that she's not going to be played on radio because she's a "nickelodeon kid"
Miranda Cosgrove's (iCarly) songs went to radio, I'm sure hers will too.
Old 26-03-2013, 12:59
FanFromHolland
Forum Member

Miranda Cosgrove's (iCarly) songs went to radio, I'm sure hers will too.
Yeah but did radio play it alot?
FanFromHolland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2013, 14:43
Masterjonboi
Forum Member

Well, then good luck with your auditioning in london for X-factor, I'm sure you will delight us with your angelic voice.
Wait Wait wait. My Opinion Thanks i dont like the song and im not keen on the artist what does that have to do with me auditioning for the x factor....

Dont involve my personal life with a comment which was my opinion. Rude human being
Old 26-03-2013, 14:55
LandslideBrad
Forum Member

Wait Wait wait. My Opinion Thanks i dont like the song and im not keen on the artist what does that have to do with me auditioning for the x factor....

Dont involve my personal life with a comment which was my opinion. Rude human being
'Not keen on the artist' and saying 'terrible artist' are too different things tbh. 'Terrible artist' is almost objective as if that's the universal truth not an opinion.
Old 26-03-2013, 15:02
Masterjonboi
Forum Member

'Not keen on the artist' and saying 'terrible artist' are too different things tbh. 'Terrible artist' is almost objective as if that's the universal truth not an opinion.
My Opinion is she is a terrible artist. My Opinion Is The Song Is Terrible. God People on here are just so rude!
Old 26-03-2013, 15:26
LandslideBrad
Forum Member

My Opinion is she is a terrible artist. My Opinion Is The Song Is Terrible. God People on here are just so rude!
I don't understand how you can say other people are rude when a lot of people have put a lot of work into that song just for you to say 'terrible' but you don't think that's rude ok bye, I'm not entertaining a troll.
Old 26-03-2013, 15:39
rbautz
Forum Member

Well, this was just a reminder what people will probably think or say about you, when you go public.

At your response, it seems you can't take the heat.
Old 26-03-2013, 15:39
Masterjonboi
Forum Member

I don't understand how you can say other people are rude when a lot of people have put a lot of work into that song just for you to say 'terrible' but you don't think that's rude ok bye, I'm not entertaining a troll.
Wait. Im Not a Troll..Seriously im not keen on the artist or the song

That does not make me a troll
Old 26-03-2013, 15:42
sjp07
Forum Member

The song is alright IMO, but you can't say anything bad about a song or artist just because people worked hard on it? That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.
sjp07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2013, 15:44
Masterjonboi
Forum Member

Well, this was just a reminder what people will probably think or say about you, when you go public.

At your response, it seems you can't take the heat.
-_- I can take it. You dont know anything about me so please dont judge me and assume i cant take the heat.
Old 26-03-2013, 16:32
rbautz
Forum Member

The song is alright IMO, but you can't say anything bad about a song or artist just because people worked hard on it? That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.
I think this comment was more targeted to the statement, she is a terrible artist.

What i think to believe is a very dumb statement, but maybe he know her personally.
Old 26-03-2013, 16:52
Masterjonboi
Forum Member

I think this comment was more targeted to the statement, she is a terrible artist.

What i think to believe is a very dumb statement, but maybe he know her personally.
Wait so your saying no one in this world can say an artist is terrible?????? Fool
Old 26-03-2013, 17:16
rbautz
Forum Member

What I wanted to say is if I don't like a music pice, I don't find the arist per se terrible, only if I would know him or would read interviews with him, or heard some original statements. But why would I fiddle with such an artist when I don't lke his music? I don't know why this would be foolish of me

A review on Diva Devotee

It's finally appeared, people! Ariana Grande’s rumoured material has surfaced and has fans both squealing with excitement and frowning in concern.

The Way is a piano-led pop Rnb record that carries some inspiration from the 90’s- something helped, in a big way, by the use of its sample, Not a Player by Big Pun. The Lyrics are more catchy than well written but what more can be expected of a children’s sitcom star?

Ariana’s vocals are both very light and airy but also full and resonant, with some instances of whistle register at the songs climax. However, the vocals are also what some may label "bothersome" because although the singer has shown us, in live performances, a glimpse of the character her own voice possesses, this record doesn't build on that, instead being extremely “Mariah Carey-esque” in its delivery.

This could be seen as both good and bad for the young singer. Ultimately it shows Ariana is a very capable vocalist, I mean you'd have to be to emulate Mariah. But, there's also a danger of being branded a "cheap knock-off" if she fails to establish her own sound and keeps trying to mimic other singers.

Even so, The Way is a great first attempt and should do its job of building recognition for the budding popstar as it's undeniably a catchy song! It just needs more Ariana in it and less "Song Bird Supreme" (AKA Mariah).
Old 27-03-2013, 18:42
tamibeckett
Forum Member

#13 on UK itunes charts...
Old 27-03-2013, 19:05
JustArun
Forum Member

I've been a fan of Ariana for ages and I'm really glad she's doing well! Hopefully the track gets playlisted by Capital soon, if Bridgit can then so can Ariana....
JustArun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2013, 19:07
Stally
Forum Member

Apparently KIIS added this to their playlist which is huge.
Stally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2013, 13:30
JustArun
Forum Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sV0S8qWSy0

The Video was released three days ago, very simple. I like it.
Old 03-04-2013, 20:18
JustArun
Forum Member

Debuted at 10 on the official Billboard chart!