Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

what's the scariest film you ever saw?

Old 15-06-2013, 23:09
Scorpio2
Forum Member

His Batman trilogy and the Superman film was good but I feel that they didn't stay traditional to the Batman and Superman stories. They didn't have the classic magical Batman and Superman feel like previous films and series had.
They are just too explosive wih ott fiht scenes.
Scorpio2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 15-06-2013, 23:19
alfster
Forum Member

His Batman trilogy was the best set of Batman films I have seen. He never had special powers and the villains didn't always have superpowers - and considering he was introduced in the Detective comics the films did have more than a hint of detection in them.

For me, it was the closest to what I would expect Batman films to be - they had more than a hint of The Dark Knight Returns comic book.

The Batman films certainly did not have OTT fight scenes...the fight scenes were quick, fast and infrequent - Batman took people down quickly and effectively.
alfster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2013, 23:33
twogunthom
Inactive Member

Batman Begins, The Dark Night, were both fantastic easily the best Batman movies made. The Dark Night Rises didn't blow me away like the first 2 maybe a second viewing might change my mind but the joker from the Dark Night was an impossible act to follow. Is he making another superhero film?
twogunthom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2013, 23:35
Scorpio2
Forum Member

Batman Begins, The Dark Night, were both fantastic easily the best Batman movies made. The Dark Night Rises didn't blow me away like the first 2 maybe a second viewing might change my mind but the joker from the Dark Night was an impossible act to follow. Is he making another superhero film?
Nah Superman is his most recent.
Scorpio2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2013, 00:25
twogunthom
Inactive Member

If I could choose a Superhero for Nolan to do it would be The Silver Surfer, the Fantastic 4 Rise of the Silver Surfer was criminal.
twogunthom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2013, 13:05
Ads
Forum Member

Was he that involved with Superman? The studio make a big play of his name, but its not his vision.
Ads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2013, 13:32
Yuffie
Forum Member

He's as good a man as any to do superhero films. I have thoroughly enjoyed all 4 that he has been connected with giving him a 100% enjoyment rating from me.

Not all directors who have tried superhero films have got that from me.
Yuffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2013, 13:33
theonlyweeman
Forum Member

Was he that involved with Superman? The studio make a big play of his name, but its not his vision.
His story (with David S. Goyer), his production company, he's a producer. He's as involved as he could possibly be without writing or directing the thing...
theonlyweeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2013, 14:24
Deserana 12
Forum Member

He's made 3 incredibly successful (both publicly and critically, with stunning box-office numbers) Batman films which too many are the best Batman films (and comic book films) to ever be made. Why should he stay away? He isn't stupid, Batman could be done realistically it's not like he'd put that method into every comic book film he'd do if he was to do more.

I agree that he shouldn't be part of the writing/directing of a Justice League as he has shown he isn't great at balancing a big cast like Whedon is. He is a great story man though and has a good eye on how to bring something like Batman or Superman down to a more realistic (not completely) and accessible level for the audience.

For MoS he only had a impact on the story and slightly on the writing. Other than that (so pacing, structure, majority of the dialogue) was down to Goyer and Snyder. He effectively left quite early to focus on TDKR but checked back every now and again. The story itself for MoS was very good it just wasn't exactly told in the best way.
Deserana 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2013, 15:11
RedSnapper
Forum Member

He has tried to bring a more adult/realistic feel to the genre - which I like.
RedSnapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2013, 15:12
kendoguk
Forum Member

He can do it inception was pretty good
kendoguk is offline   Reply With Quote