Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

celebs you wish were still alive

Old 22-04-2013, 12:15
kikifi
Forum Member

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...-premiere.html

Doesn't make her self look very good. I guess she one of those celebs who act all nice but it's actually a different story behind closed doors!
kikifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 22-04-2013, 12:21
Grace In Love
Forum Member

What an utter div, sounds like she was on the vino to.
Grace In Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2013, 12:37
UKNikey
Forum Member

She'll be used to getting her way in clubs and movie premierres and being first in to the VIP areas.

She would expect to be treated famously with a special way.
UKNikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2013, 13:36
Sloopy
Forum Member

Doesn't sound like the kind of thing she would do, but then she must have been completely tanked.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2013, 13:47
hitnmix
Forum Member

The officer on the scene claims that the actress became clearly agitated and eventually disobeyed his verbal commands.
The officer reported: ‘Mrs. Witherspoon began to hang out the window and say that she did not believe that I was a real police officer.’
The law enforcer explained in the report: ‘I told Mrs. Witherspoon to sit on her butt and be quiet.’

But once Toth was handcuffed, the mother-of-three disembarked from her seat, telling the officer that she was a ‘US citizen’ and that she had the right to ‘stand on American ground’.
Sounds like she had one to many drinks imo. but no big deal many many people every weekend talk to others like that so I dont see why she getting picked out as the bitch.
hitnmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2013, 13:58
Alrightmate
Forum Member

"I was drunk".

No excuse. If you act like an arse if you have one too many then perhaps drinking alcohol isn't for you.
Alrightmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2013, 14:10
Ella Nut
Forum Member

Sounds like she had one to many drinks imo. but no big deal many many people every weekend talk to others like that so I dont see why she getting picked out as the bitch.
Do they? Does that make it alright then? Her husband was way over the limit, endangering lives getting behind the wheel. She was making some sort of strange veiled threat to the officer about the fact he will "soon know" who she is. She's an idiot and so is her husband.
Ella Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2013, 14:48
whatever54
Forum Member

Always reading on gossip sites how she's not as sickly sweet as she appears and thought perhaps they were making it up, now I'm not sure they were
whatever54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2013, 14:54
Squealer_Mahony
Forum Member

I was really surprised to see her in the news this morning.
Squealer_Mahony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2013, 14:57
goldberry1
Forum Member

I was really surprised to see her in the news this morning.
Yes so was I - she's always appeared sensible. She used to go out with my favourite actor: Jake Gyllenhaal.
goldberry1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2013, 15:02
Big Boy Barry
Forum Member

Maybe Ryan Phillipe had the right idea.
Big Boy Barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2013, 15:04
zx50
Forum Member

People do regrettable things when they're drunk. It would be a different matter if she was sober though.
zx50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2013, 15:11
lexi22
Inactive Member

Do they? Does that make it alright then? Her husband was way over the limit, endangering lives getting behind the wheel. She was making some sort of strange veiled threat to the officer about the fact he will "soon know" who she is. She's an idiot and so is her husband.
^ This. The real story here is that she and her husband got behind the wheel knowing he was well and truly over the limit, putting their own and other people's lives at risk.

Her PR apology for her behaviour towards the arresting officer appears to be her trying to move the attention away from that.
lexi22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2013, 15:35
FingersAndToes
Forum Member

Her husband was driving drunk, and she was happy to ride with him in the car. She gets paid millions and millions, yet is too stupid and stuck up to hire a driver/get a hotel room/get a taxi when going out for drinks. That is the real issue here.

Her entitled attitude is no surprise to me, I've read enough gossip sites to believe she is quite stuck up b**ch.
FingersAndToes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2013, 15:37
dee123
Forum Member

I can't believe people are so shocked. I thought it was common knowledge that's she's been the new Julia Roberts for years. All manners and fake smiles to your face but completely selfish and ruthless behind your back. To me that sense of entitlement is not a surprise at all.
dee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2013, 15:37
chrisii2011
Forum Member

Not the behavior of someone who has children especially a seven month old baby.
chrisii2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2013, 15:49
FingersAndToes
Forum Member

^ This. The real story here is that she and her husband got behind the wheel knowing he was well and truly over the limit, putting their own and other people's lives at risk.

Her PR apology for her behaviour towards the arresting officer appears to be her trying to move the attention away from that.

BIB Very true. I didn't read one apology about the DUI, but only about the entitled attitude which she explained with "I had too many drinks". Somehow I get the feeling, that it isn't their first time driving drunk, but just the first time getting caught.
FingersAndToes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2013, 16:10
lotty27
Forum Member

Agreed. This fact is getting lost in all the 'do you know who I am?' nonsense.

Her husband was driving drunk, and she was happy to ride with him in the car. She gets paid millions and millions, yet is too stupid and stuck up to hire a driver/get a hotel room/get a taxi when going out for drinks. That is the real issue here.

Her entitled attitude is no surprise to me, I've read enough gossip sites to believe she is quite stuck up b**ch.
BIB: Agree with all of this. There's no excuse for normal people but for these rich people there's even less excuse!

I'm quite surprised to find out she's up her own @rse a bit, she always comes (came) across as OK. Just goes to show you can never tell!
lotty27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2013, 16:57
Sloopy
Forum Member

To this day it's depressing how many people still drink and drive and think it's no big deal just as long as they don't get stopped.....and hopefully not kill somebody else in the process.

You'd think they'd have some grasp of common sense, especially Reese, considering they have young kids. It could be one of her kids out on the street when some drunk driver passes by.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2013, 18:20
daisiesfan
Forum Member

This has really put me off her and I really used to like her. Mainly as she seemed so down to earth and likeable. However, not only did she get in the car with a drunk driver but then she says the old 'Don't you know who I am'.
Yuk!
daisiesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2013, 18:27
dorydaryl
Forum Member

This has really put me off her and I really used to like her. Mainly as she seemed so down to earth and likeable. However, not only did she get in the car with a drunk driver but then she says the old 'Don't you know who I am'.
Yuk!
Me too. Some of these celebs (not all) think that fame gives them a status above others. It doesn't. They're just 'going to work' like everyone else, however 'up' they think they are. One thing you should never do, famous or not, is get behind the wheel of a potentially lethal vehicle when you've had a few.
dorydaryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2013, 18:32
lux lisbon 2
Forum Member

Well, well, well, America's Sweetheart lite has gone and gotten herself arrested. Nice mug shot btw Laura Jeanne Poon!! lol
lux lisbon 2 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2013, 18:35
Inspiration
Forum Member

Two strange observations.

Matthew McConaughey looks completely different to how I remember him.

Jim Toth looks like a strange merger of Ben Affleck and George Clooney.
Inspiration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2013, 18:38
Cassy990
Forum Member

I was genuinely shocked to see this headline this morning. I'd always thought Reese seemed very sweet, sensible and genuine. I totally get that alcohol may have caused her to react badly but actually allowing her husband to drive whilst so over the influence and to get in a car with him is the most shocking. What if some innocent person had been coming the other way and he ploughed into them? Or they had an accident themselves. Where would her three kids be then? It's not as if they couldn't have afforded a taxi home, or why drive in the first place if you're going to drink?
Cassy990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2013, 19:16
Eddie Badger
Forum Member

Two strange observations.

Matthew McConaughey looks completely different to how I remember him.

Jim Toth looks like a strange merger of Ben Affleck and George Clooney.
He did lose an awful lot of weight recently for a movie, maybe putting it back on again has changed him.
Eddie Badger is offline   Reply With Quote