Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

are rihanna & beyonce overexposed

Old 08-04-2013, 22:41
sparkle22
Forum Member

I love both singers but I think they are in the press too much.
I know it's not always their fault but at least with madonna she will go away for a year then come back again.
sparkle22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 08-04-2013, 23:03
nWo 2013
Inactive Member

Yes you picked the 2 perfect music artists!

Beyoncé wiggled so much that in the end I was fed up of seeing her music videos and her songs hating on men when she has a rich husband and recent child!

Rihanna was bad even before she was with Chris Brown. Song release after release to the point were like 5 of her songs were in the top 10 at once. The fact she is with Brown means she is always in the papers for the wrong reasons!

Madonna has had her fair share of overexposure and her having that short a break doesn't really count in my opinion.
nWo 2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 23:29
glyn9799
Forum Member

RIhanna definately is. I don't think any singer is as overexposed as she is. She has released a stream of singles pretty much none stop every 3 months since 2007. It wouldn't be so bad if the quality was consistent, but she hasn't released a truly decent track since Only Girl imo.

At least the likes of Beyonce and Madonna disappear between albums, and take long enough off to produce something of decent quality.
glyn9799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 23:49
digichant
Forum Member

RIhanna definately is. I don't think any singer is as overexposed as she is. She has released a stream of singles pretty much none stop every 3 months since 2007. It wouldn't be so bad if the quality was consistent, but she hasn't released a truly decent track since Only Girl imo.

At least the likes of Beyonce and Madonna disappear between albums, and take long enough off to produce something of decent quality.
Seconded
digichant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 01:54
scrilla
Forum Member

Overexposed. Yes, definitely but they know they sell far more product by exposing their flesh at every opportunity which is why they do it.

Tramps.
scrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 03:35
iseloid
Forum Member

Agreed. But Stay? That and The Final Goodbye are her best two ballads point blank for me. And Only Girl was trash vs Whats My Name
iseloid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 03:59
PunksNotDead
Forum Member

Overexposed & Overrated
PunksNotDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:42
musicfreak10
Forum Member

I think that's because Madonna & Beyonce have a lot of input into their music, meaning they write as well as produce and perform. Rihanna(from what I am aware of) is just a recording artist. I don't think she has ever fully written any of her singles she has released. So I'm thinking she has time to have release after release.
musicfreak10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:51
TH14
Forum Member

Definately not Beyonce, she does her thing and goes away and then gives the public a chance to miss her. Rihanna on the other hand is probably getting to the point of being over exposed. She releases so much music so often and is constantly churning it out and the thing that saves her from a backlash is that the music is generally pretty good and she's unique and fairly interesting
TH14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:08
Lewnaticc
Forum Member

Yo Navy, it's me Rihanna. My new album is out today. The next single is out tomorrow, then I have to cancel it and release a remix of a different song, then film a video for a song that isn't on the album.

What makes Rihanna so exposed is her ridiculous career structure of throwing out her music.
Lewnaticc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:28
scottie2121
Forum Member

As long as there are drooling feature writers and soft headed kids willing to buy into the sh*te then she'll keep on with the over exposure.
scottie2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:49
Cloudbuster
Forum Member

Irrefutably so....and boring to boot
Cloudbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 16:23
nikproffitt
Forum Member

Is a bear Catholic, Does the Pope shit in the woods.......or have I got that the wrong way round?
nikproffitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 20:59
cnbcwatcher
Forum Member

Rihanna definitely is. She's always releasing music and her songs are on the music channels a lot. I think she needs to take a break this year. Maybe she could release a Singles Collection before taking a break.
cnbcwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 21:29
rebellion
Forum Member

Overexposed & Overrated
Exactly!
rebellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 21:34
PJ1893
Forum Member

Although Beyonce does take breaks, I think she's running the risk of being completely overexposed at the moment.

Since the beginning of the year it seems to have been none stop exposure. Super Bowl, documentary, countless articles appearing about her, adverts for tour etc... yet she doesn't seem to be actually releasing any music, unless I've missed it? Have I?

I've never known an artist to do this much promo but not seem to release anything. I know it's a way of selling the brand, and tour tickets... but it may get to the point where people are sick of her before she gets round to releasing her album.
PJ1893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 21:50
Zone_Out
Forum Member

Overexposed & Overrated
This for both
Zone_Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 21:58
musicfreak10
Forum Member

Although Beyonce does take breaks, I think she's running the risk of being completely overexposed at the moment.

Since the beginning of the year it seems to have been none stop exposure. Super Bowl, documentary, countless articles appearing about her, adverts for tour etc... yet she doesn't seem to be actually releasing any music, unless I've missed it? Have I?

I've never known an artist to do this much promo but not seem to release anything. I know it's a way of selling the brand, and tour tickets... but it may get to the point where people are sick of her before she gets round to releasing her album.
As much as I agree with most of what you just wrote. I doubt people will get sick of her. It's like she's got the majority of the world under a spell at the moment.. like she can't do anything wrong
musicfreak10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 22:18
Scratchy7929
Forum Member

Yes you picked the 2 perfect music artists!

Beyoncé wiggled so much that in the end I was fed up of seeing her music videos and her songs hating on men when she has a rich husband and recent child!
Despite the (front loaded publicity) Beyonce is not 'that' commercially successful in the UK though - having a rich husband & record label / management company owner hasn't gauranteed success in her case.
Scratchy7929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 23:09
nWo 2013
Inactive Member

She seems to do ever so well and it helps she is part of Destiny's Child as well.
Old 09-04-2013, 23:22
rfonzo
Forum Member

without a doubt they are. The last time I checked there is not a moment where one of their videos was not on the mainstream music channels.
rfonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 23:36
crazymonk
Forum Member

What a silly question!! Of course they are!!!
crazymonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 01:45
Scratchy7929
Forum Member

She seems to do ever so well and it helps she is part of Destiny's Child as well.
Not that well though '4' has only sold 0.5 M.Her best selling album only sold 1.4 M (I Am... Sasha Fierce, 5 years ago).She's never had a consistent run of hit singles, with alot of flops between them in fact.She hasn't had a top 10 hit in 2 years, as a solo performer.

It's hard to judge how much of a live attraction she is because she hasn't toured much in the UK, although her current tour 'seems' to have sold well.Ticket agencies will have bought a fair proportion of those though & there are still alot available at their ripe-off prices (at the moment).
Scratchy7929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 01:49
nWo 2013
Inactive Member

I like her music but I am not obsessed like some people.

I just like her hear less of her and not see her jiggling and wiggling all the time.
Old 17-04-2013, 23:19
sparkle22
Forum Member

I think rihanna should have released a greatest hits by now.
beyonce I think is scared if she even takes six months off she'll be overtaken by younger artists which will happen.
I still think she hasn't released her best work as a solo artist.
I think she has more to give but is too overexposed.
sparkle22 is offline   Reply With Quote