Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Is anybody worried 10 won't meet 11

Old 09-04-2013, 16:14
LeslieGrufford
Forum Member

I have a worry that we won't see 10 and 11 interact. The filming seems to be separate Doctors in separate Tardis' so far. What if they don't interact? What if it's just a flashback to a Tennant era adventure? I really hope it isn't a flashback and we see them encounter one another!
LeslieGrufford is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 09-04-2013, 16:19
Muttley76
Forum Member

I actually think it could be quite interesting if they don't actually meet. But no, I don't think it will be the case. Bear in mind we have only seen them film a couple of minutes footage thus far.
Muttley76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 16:19
dublintvfan
Forum Member

I have a worry that we won't see 10 and 11 interact. The filming seems to be separate Doctors in separate Tardis' so far. What if they don't interact? What if it's just a flashback to a Tennant era adventure? I really hope it isn't a flashback and we see them encounter one another!
i would be so so annoyed if they didnt end up meeting, they might as well use stock footage otherwise
dublintvfan is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 16:22
ea91
Forum Member

No. If that were the case they could've just used flashbacks instead of paying David and Billie to return.
ea91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 16:25
pallas
Forum Member

One thing is for certain, with all this hype building up in forums already, with all the infinite possibilities there could be, there will be many annoyed and disappointed people in here come that fateful day in November, whatever is transmitted.
pallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 16:28
Muttley76
Forum Member

One thing is for certain, with all this hype building up in forums already, with all the infinite possibilities there could be, there will be many annoyed and disappointed people in here come that fateful day in November, whatever is transmitted.
I've little doubt the vast majority of people will wind up being happy regardless of what they may think they want beforehand.
Old 09-04-2013, 16:36
JohnnyForget
Forum Member

I'm not bothered one way or the other. If they meet they meet, if they don't they don't. What's the big deal as long as it's a decent episode?

I'd much rather have McGann and Eccleston in the episode than Tennant anyway.
JohnnyForget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 16:43
D.j.
Forum Member

I'm dreading the whole thing to be honest, I bet it's a load of crap.
D.j. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 16:48
Gwilbers
Forum Member

The fact that they're using 10's Tardis has made me think this too. I had assumed we'd see the human Doctor from the parallel universe, but there's no Tardis there.
Gwilbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 16:50
Corwin
Forum Member

I'd actually prefer a story that has them doing separate but linked adventures, maybe some sort of meeting towards the end.
Corwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 16:51
talentedmonkey
Forum Member

its bad enough having one Doctor run around like a headless chicken on speed spouting off stupid comments, the thought of having two or even three on screen at same time all running around shouting out "timey wimey", "fishfingers" and whatever is even more scarey than the monsters.
talentedmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 16:59
Percy Hardy
Inactive Member

I'm guessing that Tennant has it in his contract to "interact" with Smith judging by his enthusiasm on The Five Doctor's commentary IIRC, he's a proper fanboy and knows what the fans want!
Percy Hardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 17:14
nebogipfel
Forum Member

I've little doubt the vast majority of people will wind up being happy regardless of what they may think they want beforehand.
I've been trying to not think too much about what I want. I think it will help. Zygons. Tenth Doctor. Rose. Other supporting actors who are very expensive. And a showrunner who has packed his series to the gills with brilliant nods to the past. I am too excited. Zygons.
nebogipfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 17:20
Joe_Zel
Forum Member

I'm guessing that Tennant has it in his contract to "interact" with Smith judging by his enthusiasm on The Five Doctor's commentary IIRC, he's a proper fanboy and knows what the fans want!
Yeah, course he has. Requested terms that he interacts with Smith.

This forum.
Joe_Zel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 17:21
Muttley76
Forum Member

I've been trying to not think too much about what I want.
Probably a good way to go about it. All I want is a bloody good story that reflects the shows history. But there are a million and one ways to respect the shows history and I tend to think it's not helpful to become entrenched in ones thinking about this.
Old 09-04-2013, 17:28
Dai13371
Forum Member

its bad enough having one Doctor run around like a headless chicken on speed spouting off stupid comments, the thought of having two or even three on screen at same time all running around shouting out "timey wimey", "fishfingers" and whatever is even more scarey than the monsters.
I hope its three doctors style where they constantly bicker.

Cant imagine Hartnell's doc approving of fezs are cool or the phrase timey whimey. To be honest, think he'd willingly give up his remaining regenerations if he knew what he'd turn out as.
Dai13371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 17:31
nebogipfel
Forum Member

Probably a good way to go about it. All I want is a bloody good story that reflects the shows history. But there are a million and one ways to respect the shows history and I tend to think it's not helpful to become entrenched in ones thinking about this.
Yep. My desire for "fanfest" items appears to have been addresssed. I'm sure other surprises are included. Sit back and enjoy, on the night. I'm buying fizzy wine of some description. And will be in my long scarf. With davros mask to hand. Possibly in a cinema. or at home. Moffat has things covered. Specifics are not important.
nebogipfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 17:45
Percy Hardy
Inactive Member

Yeah, course he has. Requested terms that he interacts with Smith.

This forum.
Tongue-in-cheek.
Percy Hardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 17:47
Palmerwho
Forum Member

I'm dreading the whole thing to be honest, I bet it's a load of crap.
Way to stay positive!
Palmerwho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 17:49
abarthman
Forum Member

If they don't meet, I will stop watching Dr Who and burn all my Dr Who memorabilia.

I'm not kidding.

It means that much to me.
abarthman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 17:53
CAMERA OBSCURA
Forum Member

Not worried at all, if they meet they meet, if they don't they don't.

As long as the episode is good I don't mind who appears or doesn't from the shows past.

I just want it to be a rip roaring episode from the off, not a slow burner that needs re watching. If any episode need the kitchen sink throwing at it it is the 50th.
CAMERA OBSCURA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 18:07
korbany
Forum Member

I think it's unlikely that they won't meet, but as long as the story is good it doesn't really matter that much.

What I would love to see is for the actor playing the next (12th) Doctor to have an uncredited cameo, maybe assisting the younger Doctors without giving away his identity to them or the viewers. That way in a year or two's time when eleven regenerates, the fans will be all 'bloody hell, twelve was in the 50th!'.
korbany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 18:13
ea91
Forum Member

What I would love to see is for the actor playing the next (12th) Doctor to have an uncredited cameo, maybe assisting the younger Doctors without giving away his identity to them or the viewers. That way in a year or two's time when eleven regenerates, the fans will be all 'bloody hell, twelve was in the 50th!'.
Lmao, I think they'd notice a randomer in the TARDIS.
ea91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 19:00
Virgil Tracy
Forum Member

I do find them both a bit too similar , I wouldn't have Tennant in it .
Virgil Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 19:10
nanscombe
Forum Member

Of course, there's no real need for them to interact on screen at all.

If this is all about "Run clever boy, and remember" it might just be about an unscreened adventure of 10 and Rose that, for some reason, 11 has forgotten about (or had his memory blocked).

For some reason, unknown as yet, he may simply need to remember it.

You never know ... she might be.
nanscombe is offline   Reply With Quote