Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

In Plain Sight season 4 starting on ITV1 16th Apr - no spoilers please

Old 09-04-2013, 19:48
catsitter
Forum Member

At last! Starts Tuesday 16th April at 11:35 p.m. (No signing, according to the Radio Times.)
catsitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 09-04-2013, 23:05
carl.waring
Forum Member

At long ruddy last Been waiting ages. They've already shown the fifth and final season in the US
carl.waring is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 23:31
Mark A
Forum Member

Had all seasons on imported DVD for ages. I liked it a lot but my other half absolutely hated the ending. I have to say I think the
Spoiler
put something of a damper on things. Which was a shame as I think it was one of the best shows produced in the US during those years.

Regards

Mark
Mark A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2013, 12:09
Petingo
Forum Member

I have just discovered this show in the past couple weeks and I love it.

Shameful that is was never given a more prominent role in the schedules insetead of in a graveyard slot.
Petingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2013, 22:49
carl.waring
Forum Member

I agree. The older seasons are now on Hallmark every night in primetime.
Old 18-05-2013, 01:06
Petingo
Forum Member

Thank you for that.

I couldn't finf Hallmark at first but then remembered it chnaged its bane to Universal and I caught a couple episodes this evening.
Old 18-05-2013, 22:33
carl.waring
Forum Member

I couldn't finf Hallmark at first but then remembered it chnaged its bane to Universal and I caught a couple episodes this evening.
So it did! Don't know why I called it Hallmark instead of Universal Sorry
Old 19-05-2013, 02:05
Petingo
Forum Member

No worries....
Old 30-05-2013, 22:17
Petingo
Forum Member

Loving watching this every day.

Marshall is a great character.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:58
catsitter
Forum Member

Was this actually broadcast on ITV last night? My Freeview box has recorded nothing, and my backup system of feeding the other Freeview box into the VCR only recorded tennis. But the EPG for next week still says Kumar vs Kumar which is the episode that was always scheduled for next week.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:25
MrMarple
Forum Member

I loved the first two series, but I stopped watching from the start of series when the original showrunner (David Maples) left.
That didn't bother me so much, more the fact that his wife also left, so the character of Eleanor didn't return to the show.
The banter between her & Mary was outstanding. Understated & beautifully played by both actresses.
The way the story seemed to be going was that they were going to be firm friends, but as far as I know, she didn't even get a leaving story. She was featured in last episode of season 2, but nowhere to be seen at the beginning of season 3.
I hate it when that happens.
MrMarple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 22:35
carl.waring
Forum Member

Was this actually broadcast on ITV last night?
No. ITV had some technical issues yesterday evening and so decided to re-run "Emmerdale" at 10:35pm. They also ran extended Tennis coverage right up to 12:50am

I assume all EPGs will be updated with this week's episode details for next week's slot.
Old 06-06-2013, 00:02
Stone Free
Forum Member

No. ITV had some technical issues yesterday evening and so decided to re-run "Emmerdale" at 10:35pm. They also ran extended Tennis coverage right up to 12:50am

I assume all EPGs will be updated with this week's episode details for next week's slot.
Phew, I thought I had missed it.
Stone Free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:32
catsitter
Forum Member

Thanks for the info. Glad I didn't miss it!
Old 18-06-2013, 18:47
catsitter
Forum Member

Another scheduling mystery now - as well as season 4 which is on Tuesday nights, ITV are showing old late-night repeats on Saturday nights /Sunday mornings around 3 a.m. Last weekend the TV listings all said it was season 2 episode 1, but now for next weekend they all say season 1 episode 2! What is going on there, anyone know? I was hoping it was a full rerun of season 2 as they already did season 1 pretty recently and there is an episode of season 2 that I have never seen. (I realise it is available on iTunes.)
Old 18-06-2013, 19:01
Stone Free
Forum Member

Another scheduling mystery now - as well as season 4 which is on Tuesday nights, ITV are showing old late-night repeats on Saturday nights /Sunday mornings around 3 a.m.
That keeps happening, basically it is a sign zone repeat, however it only ever seems to last one week, and then we are back to the usual new episodes.

So basically no one is happy, the people who for some reason want the signing have to wait ages for new episodes, and those of us who want new episodes are confused as to where the latest ep had disappeared!
Stone Free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2013, 22:30
carl.waring
Forum Member

Not that confusing really.

New eps: Tues night/Wed morning
Old eps: Sat night/Sunday morning

Old 19-06-2013, 07:16
TV Time Mike
Forum Member

Oddly enough my guide has the Americans on in the next Tuesday slot for In Plian Sight so not sure what's going on there.

I have really enjoyed the show so far and having not seen the previous seasons was surprised how easily I was able to pick to back story etc. as we went along.
TV Time Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2013, 08:07
catsitter
Forum Member

Oddly enough my guide has the Americans on in the next Tuesday slot for In Plian Sight so not sure what's going on there.
ITV are having a "catch-up week" of repeats of the first few episodes of The Americans, so no season 4 episode of In Plain Sight next week.
Old 19-06-2013, 17:23
phasenine
Forum Member

Was it actually on last night? If so, my timer did not go off for the second week running.

Just curious if it has been bumped two weeks on the trot, or if my timer is at fault?
phasenine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2013, 17:26
koantemplation
Forum Member

Was it actually on last night? If so, my timer did not go off for the second week running.

Just curious if it has been bumped two weeks on the trot, or if my timer is at fault?
Yes it was on last night, with yet another actress ruining a show by getting pregnant and still being shown on screen rather than taking a break.
koantemplation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2013, 17:39
phasenine
Forum Member

Thanks for that! Damn my timer!
I hate that too..................The Mentalist got really annoying with Van Pelt so obviously preggers, to name just (another) one.
Old 19-06-2013, 18:13
catsitter
Forum Member

That's interesting, because my timer didn't work either and I had assumed it was my box playing up. But my backup system of other Freeview box fed into VCR worked ok and recorded it.
Old 19-06-2013, 18:30
phasenine
Forum Member

Strange, catsitter.
I'm a little annoyed to have missed 2 episodes, and now I gather it's "resting" as ITV play sillybeggers with it.
I did look to see if I could catch up online, but it's not on the ITV site.
Old 19-06-2013, 19:37
catsitter
Forum Member

It is available on iTunes and you can buy single episodes on there - 2.49 for the HD version or 1.89 for the SD version. I have had to resort to this for some that I have missed.