Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Any way to get missed PS+ games?

Old 10-04-2013, 09:24
technoflare
Forum Member

Hi,

I am guessing the answer is no, but I have missed a few PS3 and PSVita free games during my Subscription and wondered if there is any way to get them? I had a valid Sub during the time so technically I have paid to get them but missed the download window. Any chance?

Thanks.
technoflare is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 10-04-2013, 09:35
Hotbird
Forum Member

Unless you claimed them when they were on the service you have missed your chance.

You should "buy" everything that is added to PS+ so it gets added to your download list. That way should you want to play it after its been removed from the PS+ offer you can still download it later from you Download List.
Hotbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:00
technoflare
Forum Member

I thought so.... not fair really as I've paid up! I just got a Vita so missed out on wipeout and lummeries I think plus Batman for PS3.
Old 10-04-2013, 10:48
KillerCloud
Forum Member

Ah that's a shame for you. You should do what Hotbird said, that's what I do, with th Vita games too even though I don't own one just in case I get one in the future and then I won't have to buy many games, just a large memory card lol
KillerCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 11:44
dundeederryboy
Forum Member

I'm positive i checked out on lumines and another psvita game but cannot seem to see it in my download list, wonder if theres a possible bug?
dundeederryboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 17:33
mojobrew
Forum Member

I also added all of the Vita games to my dl list when they came on, and have since bought a Vita so it was well worth it! I've not bought a single Vita game thanks to PS+.
mojobrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 22:24
stretfordender
Forum Member

I have a PS Sub, out of curiosity how often does the free games to download be updated? Presently Uncharted, Wipeout, Metal Gear HD etc have been on the store for quite a while now.

When will the next line up of free games be made available?
stretfordender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 23:38
technoflare
Forum Member

I don't see Wipeout there, showing as 30 for Vita.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:37
Hotbird
Forum Member

I have a PS Sub, out of curiosity how often does the free games to download be updated? Presently Uncharted, Wipeout, Metal Gear HD etc have been on the store for quite a while now.

When will the next line up of free games be made available?
The typical update works like this.

Week One = 3 PS3 games
Week Two = 1 Vita Game
Week Three = 1 Vita game

Some games stay around for a while (Normally Sony games) while others only stay for the month.

Occasionally we get bonus content in a month and that might only be available for a couple of days / weeks (Like God of War HD or the Defiance beta)

@dundeederryboy those games are still on my list so if it is a bug its certainly not hitting everyone.
Hotbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 16:17
stretfordender
Forum Member

@hotbird, thanks for that info mate.
stretfordender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2013, 11:52
Yuffie
Forum Member

Ive just gone and bought all the free games.

I feel a bit stoopid for not thinking of it myself. Thats 2 months worth of games Ive missed.

Cheers Hotbird!
Yuffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2013, 13:55
PhoenixRises
Forum Member

I thought so.... not fair really as I've paid up! I just got a Vita so missed out on wipeout and lummeries I think plus Batman for PS3.
I missed out on Batman too, I bought the subscription after seeing this on offer and finally thinking what the hell, and it wasn't there, even though it was still plastered all over the PSN page. But there have been a few games I have picked up so I don't mind too much.

Also if you buy all the free games do you have to download them before they are added to your download list?
PhoenixRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2013, 15:08
rehmanmohamed
Forum Member

I missed out on Batman too, I bought the subscription after seeing this on offer and finally thinking what the hell, and it wasn't there, even though it was still plastered all over the PSN page. But there have been a few games I have picked up so I don't mind too much.

Also if you buy all the free games do you have to download them before they are added to your download list?
No. You just have to 'buy' them. No need to download.

You could also just buy them using the online store and they will be added to your download list
rehmanmohamed is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2013, 15:17
chopoff
Forum Member

No. You just have to 'buy' them. No need to download.

You could also just buy them using the online store and they will be added to your download list
Yeah that's what I do.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwo...e/games/psplus

A lot quicker than the console store and no need to buy then cancel/skip download.

Also a tiny bit easier to find the PS+ stuff.
chopoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2013, 03:03
Yuffie
Forum Member

Yeah that's what I do.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwo...e/games/psplus

A lot quicker than the console store and no need to buy then cancel/skip download.

Also a tiny bit easier to find the PS+ stuff.
Awesome. You're a handy bunch of guys to have about the place, ya know !
Yuffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2013, 12:36
mojobrew
Forum Member

What's important is if they're in your download list on the store. You can check that by going to the download list on the store and seeing if it's there.

That sounded a lot more sarcastic that I meant...
mojobrew is offline   Reply With Quote