DS Forums

Explosion at Boston Marathon

Closed Thread
Old 21-04-2013, 17:34
egghead1
Forum Member

Heres AP link regarding possible further attack planned before capture
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/polic...-interview-yet
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 21-04-2013, 17:40
lemoncurd
Forum Member

I think there is a lot more to this story than meets the eye, and there was a wider terror cell at work, these two just strike me as classic fall guys. If we are to believe that they made the bombs themselves, then planned and carried out the attacks alone, then why didn't they have a plan for after the event? They clearly didn't intend to kill themselves, but nor did they try to disguise their identities for the CCTV cameras, or try to leave Boston (or indeed the country) despite having three days to do so.
But again, if it was a wider terror cell, why no claim?
Old 21-04-2013, 17:40
Gilbertoo
Forum Member

Haha That's all you have to say? When you run out of arguments, run straight for the CT Safety net. What you fail to realize is that I never passed off any theories as fact and said I believe them. I actually said and have maintained based on what it is we know, the brothers pulled off a bomb attack in Boston. There are also things we don't know like a motive. There are also a statement from the mother saying the FBI were involved with her son, for the past 3 to 5 years. Whilst it may just be a defense mechanism from her, as a mother defending her son, there could be some basis to this. Other media outlets have reported what the mother has said also.

So why is it off topic to discuss this? Since these are reports that have come out, then there is nothing wrong in looking at the context of how the FBI operate and the terrorism plots they have set up over the years, and then nabbing the suspects they have set up.

Now there may be no basis to the mother's claims, but it's something which has come out in public an so therefore, it's grounds for debate.

if you cannot handle it, don't bother. using the old CT card appears to be proof of this.
The long post was off-topic and a straw-man argument, too.

CTists offer plenty of silly conjecture and nudge-nudge-wink-winks, which is what you're doing. It's all rather silly. Just let the authorities get on and do their jobs. Unless you have anything concrete regarding the Boston bombings,, it's all just silly conjecture and nudge-nudge-wink-wink.
Old 21-04-2013, 17:41
thomas pain
Inactive Member

Sorry to bump my own post, but people should really watch this interview with the uncle, it paints a much more clear picture of the family's situation. He is absolutely clear on the belief that the younger brother was used as a tool, and that the elder brother would have bombed the marathon, even if the uncle himself was there.
woudn't give the uncle too much credibility. he hasn't seen the boys since 2005. he doesn't really know them. CNN probably paid ruslan to do this interview.
Old 21-04-2013, 17:43
Early Bird
Forum Member

what I find strange is that both lads didn't even try to conceal their faces.......

the IRA concealed their faces, the taliban cover their faces, very odd........
I don't believe this is a religious bombing either.........

This reminds me of the nutter that did the Nail bombings in London, what was his name? (he planted his bombs outside 'gay' friendly pubs.
Old 21-04-2013, 17:46
jzee
Forum Member

woudn't give the uncle too much credibility. he hasn't seen the boys since 2005. he doesn't really know them. CNN paid ruslan to do this interview.
I really don't think he needs the money, he's a lawyer with a decent house. I don't think the 2005 date was accurate, which was stated in the heat of the first interview on his doorstep, he has clearly seen them more recently than that and has a great deal of affection for the younger brother, I really think people should watch it. He became aware of a change in both the elder brother & the mother a few years ago when they began wearing Islamic dress, he states he found out that the elder brother had come under the influence of an Armenian convert.
Old 21-04-2013, 17:47
Gilbertoo
Forum Member

what I find strange is that both lads didn't even try to conceal their faces.......

This reminds me of the nutter that did the Nail bombings in London, what was his name? (he planted his bombs outside 'gay' friendly pubs.
Copeland?
Old 21-04-2013, 17:47
Ethel_Fred
Forum Member

David Copeland
Old 21-04-2013, 17:49
lemoncurd
Forum Member

I thought he was a composer?
Old 21-04-2013, 17:49
Early Bird
Forum Member

Yes, that is the guy.........
Old 21-04-2013, 17:50
thomas pain
Inactive Member

I really don't think he needs the money, he's a lawyer with a decent house. I don't think the 2005 date was accurate, which was stated in the heat of the first interview on his doorstep, he has clearly seen them more recently than that and has a great deal of affection for the younger brother, I really think people should watch it. He became aware of a change in both the elder brother & the mother a few years ago when they began wearing Islamic dress, he states he found out that the elder brother had come under the influence of an Armenian convert.
watched it yesterday. he contradicts himself. he's unreliable.
bollywood
Forum Member

It was mostly the younger brother, and he may not have estimated how good the security cameras were.
jzee
Forum Member

watched it yesterday. he contradicts himself. he's unreliable.
Would you like to say in what way, and where the evidence is he was paid?
Old 21-04-2013, 17:51
Ethel_Fred
Forum Member

Currently the narrative fits the Angry Young Man profile than Jihadist - but only because it happened in the US. If it had happened in the civilised world then the assumption would be Jihadist linked.

It could be of course that it was an Angry Young Man Jihadist - someone who was an Angry Young Man and channelled it through Jihadism rather than just turning up to school one day with several guns and a lot of ammo.
Old 21-04-2013, 17:57
slick1two
Forum Member

CTists offer plenty of silly conjecture and nudge-nudge-wink-winks, which is what you're doing. It's all rather silly. Just let the authorities get on and do their jobs. Unless you have anything concrete regarding the Boston bombings,, it's all just silly conjecture and nudge-nudge-wink-wink.
Who is stopping them? I hardly think people discussing the bombing in a DISCUSSION forum will prevent the authorities from doing their job.

Also how is it conjecture? By givign some context on how authories have known to lie
Old 21-04-2013, 17:58
thomas pain
Inactive Member

Would you like to say in what way, and where the evidence is he was paid?
he says that the last time he saw them was in 2005. and that the bombings have nothing to do with islam.

then the following day he makes a uturn and talks about how he saw the two boys grow up .. he loved them "like his own kids" .. and links the bombing with islam.

his father, mother, aunt, friends are in disbelief . they believe the brothers were setup .. the uncle however thinks he knows it all.
Old 21-04-2013, 18:00
slick1two
Forum Member

Who is stopping them? I hardly think people discussing the bombing in a DISCUSSION forum will prevent the authorities from doing their job.

Also how is it conjecture? By giving some context on how authorities have known to lie and in the De Menezes case, cover things up. I think you will find that based on what we are discussing is perfectly relevant.
Old 21-04-2013, 18:02
egghead1
Forum Member

Also how is it conjecture? By givign some context on how authories have known to lie
The link you gave was to a loon "Big Brother is watching " type website hardly reliable. Do you have any evidence any authority has ever claimed X carried out an attack knowing full well it was Y?
Old 21-04-2013, 18:04
Gilbertoo
Forum Member

You do know that social/entertainment websites did affect their work, right?

You're a CTist but for some reason, you won't admit it.
Old 21-04-2013, 18:07
jzee
Forum Member

he says that the last time he saw them was in 2005
I've already addressed that, that was in the original heated interview in his garden, he doesn't state 2005 in this interview, it was just a mistake.

and that the bombings have nothing to do with islam.
Nothing to with his interpretation of Islam is what he says.

his father, mother, aunt, friends are in disbelief . they believe the brothers were setup .. the uncle however thinks he knows it all.
He says during the interview he doesn't think the children were being brought up properly, we already know that arguments and screaming were often heard from the Tsarneav household, we know the parents are now divorced. We know the mother at some point started wearing Islamic clothing, and that she shoplifted $1600 of clothing from a department store, in her own interview she sounds unstable. I have more confidence in what the uncle says rather than either of the parents.
Old 21-04-2013, 18:10
JasonWatkins
Forum Member

I wonder what people would be saying if Colombine had happened today and Harris and Klebold had succeeded in blowing up the school as planned?

Would people still claim something "doesn't sit right" about that?
JasonWatkins is offline Follow this poster on Twitter  
Old 21-04-2013, 18:12
slick1two
Forum Member

The link you gave was to a loon "Big Brother is watching " type website hardly reliable. Do you have any evidence any authority has ever claimed X carried out an attack knowing full well it was Y?
What link are you referring to?
Old 21-04-2013, 18:14
slick1two
Forum Member

You do know that social/entertainment websites did affect their work, right?

You're a CTist but for some reason, you won't admit it.
Haha you know what. Seems you are pretty paranoid. CT all around you everywhere you look?

Theres a CT.....oooh wait, there is one, hmmmmm arrghhh!!! another CT.....wait wait, hope he's not behind me or under my bed!!! STOP!! CT!!!! ARRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Dan Fortesque
Forum Member

Currently the narrative fits the Angry Young Man profile than Jihadist - but only because it happened in the US. If it had happened in the civilised world then the assumption would be Jihadist linked.

It could be of course that it was an Angry Young Man Jihadist - someone who was an Angry Young Man and channelled it through Jihadism rather than just turning up to school one day with several guns and a lot of ammo.
I believe that too.
egghead1
Forum Member

What link are you referring to?
This http://www.rinf.com/news/aug-05/67.html

Closed Thread