Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Explosion at Boston Marathon

Closed Thread
Old 21-04-2013, 21:23
basdfg
Forum Member

The fate of Terry Nichols is interesting, since people seem to suggest that Dzhokhar Tsarnaev will "definately" be sentenced to death in a federal trial.
There's also other names on that website convicted of terrorism charges who have not recived death penalty.
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 21-04-2013, 21:27
thomas pain
Inactive Member

He clarifies it as 2006 in the second interview,
end of 2005 .. 2006 .. same thing.

i rather listen to his friends and relatives that were around him rather than this uncle that last saw them nearly 10 years ago.
Old 21-04-2013, 21:32
jzee
Forum Member

seriously, in this day and age.... there are cameras everywhere........ as a young lad, he would know that!
I would understand that if this were the bombing campaign by the IRA back in the 70/80 and 90's........ as the technology was utter rubbish, but with phones nowadays having cameras (decent ones at that) and even the smallest of store cameras will pick up events and people, etc......... and the fact that there was a large number of press photographers as well....... he should have atleast made a concerted effort to hide his face somewhat......
They likely knew they would be caught within a week or so, possibly they were caught a bit earlier than they had planned upon. The eventual confrontation with the police may have been part of the plan, or possible they planned to bomb a police station or something similar.

If it's more Columbine then it wouldn't be Jihadist. And as far as can be determined the "outside assistance" was an internet connection.
The uncle says the eldest brother was brainwashed by an Armenian convert to Islam in the Cambridge area in or before 2009. It isn't clear what the elder brother was doing in Dagestan & Chechnya for 6 months last year, one of the relatives say he was just visiting relatives, presumably that's what he told them, whether that was true, it seems quite possibly, given what has since occured that it wasn't, and he visited Islamists there.

i rather listen to his friends and relatives that were around him rather than this uncle that last saw them nearly 10 years ago.
And so you're just ignoring the information he has about the radicalization of the elder brother, the fact the parents were unreliable, not providing a stable household, that the mother at one point abruptly started wearing a hijab, OK, then.
Old 21-04-2013, 21:36
skipjack79
Inactive Member

The interview with their uncle is quite emotional, and you can't help but feel for him. The essence of the interview is regarding how he was rejected and lost contact with Tamerlan after his nephew's indoctrination into Islam. It also sounds like the brothers had a big influence over their rather mad sounding mother.

There's an interesting article here that attempts to explain why these two brothers, who seemingly had a comfortable and relatively normal life, went out and commited such a heinous crime.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/04
Old 21-04-2013, 21:49
thomas pain
Inactive Member

And so you're just ignoring the information he has about the radicalization of the elder brother
so he was told.

the fact the parents were unreliable, not providing a stable household, that the mother at one point abruptly started wearing a hijab, OK, then.
wearing a headscarf does not mean she became a terrorist. the mother was a shop lifter.
--

seems to me the older brother was a psychopath ... a deranged lunatic ... the younger brother was just a tool.
Old 21-04-2013, 21:55
phylo_roadking
Forum Member

...in ALL senses of the word?
Old 21-04-2013, 21:56
jzee
Forum Member

wearing a headscarf does not mean she became a terrorist. the mother was a shop lifter.
Of course it doesn't, but the point is it was an abrupt change in her behaviour, it would be interesting to know if it was her own choice, or something the elder brother pressured her into. Given it looks like the father may well have been absent by then, it gives you a picture of perhaps how things were in the household, and how the elder brother started to hold sway over both the mother, and, eventually the younger brother.

seems to me the older brother was a psychopath ... a deranged lunatic ... his younger brother is just a tool.
Probably he was, I'm not sure you mean tool as in fool, or in the sense the uncle used it, i.e. the elder brother didn't give a f*ck about him & just wanted to have him as backup for his lunatic escapade.
Old 21-04-2013, 22:13
thomas pain
Inactive Member

Probably he was, I'm not sure you mean tool as in fool, or in the sense the uncle used it, i.e. the elder brother didn't give a f*ck about him & just wanted to have him as backup for his lunatic escapade.
used like an instrument. after all he's only 19.

perhaps in the next few days he himself will be able to tell us why he did it.
Old 21-04-2013, 22:15
jzee
Forum Member

Very interesting comment 3 hours ago by the well known commentator on Islam, Press TV presenter & Oxford academic Tariq Ramadan on youtube:

"The Russian KGB were involved in these attacks, they used two brother TCHECHENS for Americans to believe that it was the Muslims who did this. they will pay dearly."

I wonder what his source is, and what he means by them paying dearly?
Old 21-04-2013, 22:20
skipjack79
Inactive Member

Very interesting comment 3 hours ago by the well known commentator on Islam, Press TV presenter & Oxford academic Tariq Ramadan on youtube:

"The Russian KGB were involved in these attacks, they used two brother TCHECHENS for Americans to believe that it was the Muslims who did this. they will pay dearly."

I suspect he has zero evidence to back up such claims. The "pay dearly" part sounds worrying though, as it sounds like a veiled threat of further Islamic Terror attacks.

According to Ramadan's Wiki page,

Ramadan has shown excessive generosity in his rationalization of the motives behind acts of terrorism.
and,

Tariq Ramadan is slippery. He says one thing to his faithful Muslim followers and something else entirely to his Western audience. His choice of words, the formulations he uses even his tone of voice vary, chameleon-like, according to his audience.
I wouldn't pay too much attention to what he has to say.
Old 21-04-2013, 22:21
thomas pain
Inactive Member

#FreeJahar trending on Twitter.
Old 21-04-2013, 22:21
stoatie
Forum Member

Technically it's a conspiracy either way: either 2 brothers conspired to bomb the marathon or someone else did...
This is literally true, but I think "conspiracy theory" as a phrase has evolved over time to mean something a bit more than just "a theory which involves people conspiring" in common parlance in the same way the word "organic" has evolved to mean something a bit more than just "organic" when discussing food.
Old 21-04-2013, 22:27
stoatie
Forum Member

what I find strange is that both lads didn't even try to conceal their faces.......

the IRA concealed their faces, the taliban cover their faces, very odd........
I don't believe this is a religious bombing either.........

This reminds me of the nutter that did the Nail bombings in London, what was his name? (he planted his bombs outside 'gay' friendly pubs.
Pulling on a balaclava before dumping a suspect package in a crowd full of people who were watching a marathon and weren't wearing balaclavas might possibly have looked a bit weird, surely?
Old 21-04-2013, 22:29
stoatie
Forum Member

I wonder what people would be saying if Colombine had happened today and Harris and Klebold had succeeded in blowing up the school as planned?

Would people still claim something "doesn't sit right" about that?
Damn straight they would. Common sense would tell you it had all the hallmarks of not quite adding up.
Old 21-04-2013, 22:31
jzee
Forum Member

Pulling on a balaclava before dumping a suspect package in a crowd full of people who were watching a marathon and weren't wearing balaclavas might possibly have looked a bit weird, surely?
Well exactly, even wearing false beards or prosthetics would probably be risky amongst a crowd of so many people that you are going to be up close to, the likelihood of someone noticing something off would be pretty high.
Old 21-04-2013, 22:33
stargazer61
Forum Member

I dunno. Perhaps if they had worn nice bushy beards and long flowing robes, then they wouldn't have been spotted
Old 21-04-2013, 22:41
jzee
Forum Member

#FreeJahar trending on Twitter.
80% of the posters seem to be people who are wondering somewhat WTF they are doing

his friend Troy Crossley has set up FreeJahar, and posted a leaked picture of Dzhokhar in hospital
Old 21-04-2013, 22:42
Ethel_Fred
Forum Member

I wonder what people would be saying if Colombine had happened today and Harris and Klebold had succeeded in blowing up the school as planned?
Based on the evidence of Sandy Hook, they'd be a demand for school guards armed with grenades.

Killing a couple of dozen children is acceptable as long as you aren't Muslim.

As John Oliver said - "One failed attempt at a shoe bomb and we all have to take off our shoes at the airport. Thirty one school shootings since Columbine and no change in the regulation of guns."
Old 21-04-2013, 22:45
BrooklynBoy
Forum Member

Based on the evidence of Sandy Hook, they'd be a demand for school guards armed with grenades.

As John Oliver said - "One failed attempt at a shoe bomb and we all have to take off our shoes at the airport. Thirty one school shootings since Columbine and no change in the regulation of guns."
....and you accuse others of bigotry yet the next day suggest Americans generally are ok with children being murdered if it isn't done by a Muslim. Seek help.
Old 21-04-2013, 22:47
Sad_BB_Addict
Forum Member

"Marathon bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev was alive and struggling with Watertown police early Friday morning, when his younger brother and alleged co-conspirator drove over him in a stolen SUV, dragging him on the pavement and apparently inflicting the fatal injuries that killed him, said Watertown Police Chief Ed Deveau in a Globe interview."

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/201...YDN/story.html

May be true; may be spin?
Old 21-04-2013, 22:51
Gilbertoo
Forum Member

It's more a case that someone so paranoid is labeling someone a CT as all the more absurd. You're the one that started the witch hunt.

yes yes, if it makes you happy then, I'm a CT. Happy now? Not sure how you got to that, but I won't hold it against you.
What makes you think I'm paranoid? I'm not the one contributing to the whole CT movement.
Old 21-04-2013, 23:02
Bulletguy1
Forum Member

Never will be either. The NRA have seen to that. "When a bad guy with a gun meets a good guy with a gun.....", with that 'psyche' and mentality there really is no hope!
Old 21-04-2013, 23:08
tysonstorm
Inactive Member

"Marathon bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev was alive and struggling with Watertown police early Friday morning, when his younger brother and alleged co-conspirator drove over him in a stolen SUV, dragging him on the pavement and apparently inflicting the fatal injuries that killed him, said Watertown Police Chief Ed Deveau in a Globe interview."

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/201...YDN/story.html

May be true; may be spin?
I'd read he was shot to bits, then blown up by one of his explosives and eventually ran over by his brother.

But didn't they try to stop the bleeding at the hospital? which suggests he may have been alive at this point.
tysonstorm is offline Follow this poster on Twitter  
Old 21-04-2013, 23:11
oncemore
Forum Member

Never will be either. The NRA have seen to that. "When a bad guy with a gun meets a good guy with a gun.....", with that 'psyche' and mentality there really is no hope!
It's incredibly frustrating to have an organization like the NRA basically buying enough influence to kill any attempt to regulate guns. What Congress has said to US citizens is that the type of mass murder that destroyed families in Newtown and the daily gun violence that plagues our cities is absolutely worth it. The lack of leadership from the left, and the cynicism and outright lying from the right has been mind-boggling.

They have the money, they have the influence and they won.
Old 21-04-2013, 23:11
jzee
Forum Member

I suspect he has zero evidence to back up such claims. The "pay dearly" part sounds worrying though, as it sounds like a veiled threat of further Islamic Terror attacks.

According to Ramadan's Wiki page

I wouldn't pay too much attention to what he has to say.
I was going to say I was surprised by the comment, but I can imagine his fellow Press TV employee Mr Galloway saying something similar so perhaps not that surprising (though Mr Galloway isn't an Oxford professor).

Closed Thread